Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best Bottom Lane Duo.

Creator: HazmatxKilla April 12, 2013 1:37pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2013 9:03pm | Report
MyRepublic wrote:

And in the case of duos the better choice is a cc heavy support like leona thresh or blitz, since you can be sure to coordinate with each other. So basically that gives you almost no reason to go soraka draven unless you're the soraka, and even then if you are the support so you know you're good then why not play a cc heavy support. In fact I can think of no instance in which you would rather go soraka draven than thresh draven. Maybe if you were against a kill lane like a darius jarvan lane?

Soraka Draven is a pressure lane, whereas Leona/Thresh Draven (or another high CC support) is all-in.

they're not the same playstyle at all, which is why you might want to play it despite it not seeming like it could be better.

it's basically trying to compare apples to oranges based on which one you happen to like better.

lol

I personally like playing man mode Soraka. Building her aggressively and maxing silence with autos is silly. She can trade with AD carries easily by herself. People just suck at being man mode with her.

I play brawler Soraka

W > Q > E

don't knock it 'till you've tried it.
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2013 9:09pm | Report
It's more like comparing gas to electric based on which works better. And CC supports work better most of the time.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2013 9:11pm | Report
Honestly I think Soraka is complete balls. No pressure, no damage, she dies instantly to burst or ganks. All she brings you is sustain.

She also doesn't work well in the current meta which is why no one ever picks her.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2013 9:12pm | Report
MyRepublic wrote:

It's more like comparing gas to electric based on which works better. And CC supports work better most of the time.

no, they work differently.

you may like them better, but that doesn't actually mean they work better.

Luther3000 wrote:

Honestly I think Soraka is complete balls. No pressure, no damage, she dies instantly to burst or ganks. All she brings you is sustain.

welcome to the league of no one knows how to play Soraka

EDIT: I've only played with one good Quinn player ever, that doesn't make her a bad champion. :P
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2013 9:19pm | Report

EDIT: I've only played with one good Quinn player ever, that doesn't make her a bad champion. :P

That's a funny example to choose because right now Quinn is quite literally the worst AD carry in the game.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2013 9:19pm | Report
Quinn... kind of is a bad champion... Well, atleast for what role she's supposed to be. But they're currently giving her the Shen treatment on the PBE and she'll be broken next patch.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2013 9:25pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

That's a funny example to choose because Quinn is quite literally the worst AD carry in the game.

Also really only played with one Draven who was actually good and not just lucky that the enemy ADC was worse and had a ****ty support to boot. Doesn't make Draven bad or even mean he's particularly hard to figure out. It just means people are stupid, which is the case with Soraka.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2013 9:41pm | Report
Vort wrote:

Mistakes happen. Being able to push your trading advantage with the security of having a massive heal and armor steroid behind you lets you turn what would have been a mistake into a favorable outcome.

if that were true than Soraka would be seen as one of the best supports. Yet, she's considered one of the weakest.

Vort wrote:

yes she is. The same way Vayne's more of a threat when Xin Zhao is in your face, as opposed to say... Mundo being in your face.

totally irrelevant analogy, especially considering Xin Zhao and Soraka have vastly different roles and playstyles

Vort wrote:

So there are these things called threat and pressure...

Are you seriously going to sit here and try and argue that Soraka is more of a threat than say Taric or that she exerts more pressure than say Lulu or Sona?

Vort wrote:

The reason soraka is only picked about 6% of the time is because the only team that's been running 'protect' comps a lot in the pro scene is really CLG, and they tend to favor supports like Lulu or Janna. This influences the "meta" but does not dictate the actual strength of champions. Merely what pro teams have been practicing. Soraka Draven is a very strong 2v1 lane, as it can both push, and harass, even under tower.

they aren't necessarily picked for a 'protect comp' every time. I've seen Janna/ Draven picks and I have a tough time believing the entire strat is to protect the Draven, or Caitlyn/ Lulu. There are other reasons to pick these supports. Just look at LCS stats, Lulu has been banned 5 times and picked 37 times; Janna has been banned once and picked 7 times. Compare that to Soraka who has been banned 0 times and picked twice (both times she has lost). There's not a coincidence and Janna and Lulu are played more for just their ability to protect. I guarantee you if Soraka was a strong champion she would be played more in LCS. There have been 9 weeks of LCS and 92 games. Given that there are two supports per game, that gives Soraka 182 games to be picked. She has been picked in a total of 2. What do you think that tells you (source).

Soraka pushes well, draven does not.

Vort wrote:

Now I'm not going to say that I believe Soraka + Draven to be the strongest bot lane, but I would definitely put it up there as one of my favorite solo/duo queue lanes to run.

no one cares what your favorite bot lane is, the title of the thread wants to know what the best is
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2013 9:45pm | Report

Soraka Draven is a pressure lane, whereas Leona/Thresh Draven (or another high CC support) is all-in.

Draven is an all in champion. You play him to win lane.

welcome to the league of no one knows how to play Soraka

arguably the easiest champions in all of league of legends. I highly doubt that a vast majority of the league community can't play her

she is absolutely a bad champion, don't know what you're trying to argue here anyway
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 15, 2013 9:46pm | Report
To be fair he said favorite in the OP even if the title says best. I don't think Ez Leona is literally the best possible lane either, I just like it.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide