Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Best Support?

Creator: Jovy February 12, 2012 5:16am
55 posts - page 2 of 6
Best Support champion?
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 6:29am | Report
Sona wayyyy hard to play efficiently.

Either way, I voted Janna. She gets no love but a good Janna(Me) will make tons of plays throughout the course of a game. Not just heal and buff the team. Every skill in her set is designed around making plays.

Sona is EZ to do your basic supporting, but she takes some skill to really use her to her full potential.

animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 6:55am | Report
Everybody takes SOME kind of skill, most just not quite respectable enough. And a good Janna is really scary...

I love some Leona stun-whorage going on, lolz. She is fun, and buffs allies damage in an entirely unique way.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 6:58am | Report
Requiring no skill = bad support?

Weird logic :s

The best support being Sona has nothing to do with skill cap. It's about the champion's capabilities.
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 7:11am | Report
I didn't say she was bad, I said it's really hard for me to have respect for a player's skill based on them playing Sona...
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 7:21am | Report
Why because she has smart cast skills?

I've seen good Sona's and bad Sona's....Kinda hard not to admit that their are players who are more skilled with her than are not. Do I think she's complicated to play? No but I think she can be difficult to play well. Just like any other champion.

The fact that she doesn't have to target her heals/buffs/harass means little in the scheme of actually preforming well with her. However you do have to position yourself properly. (Of course position is important regardless of the champ.)

Just my opinion.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 7:25am | Report
Oops, misunderstood. I thought you meant Sona wasn't the best support because she needed no skill.
lifebaka
<Member>
lifebaka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 7:32am | Report
I voted Sona, but... A lot of these "supports" are most effective on in other roles, such as Morgana as AP mid, so I'm not sure if comparing them simply by Riot's categorization is quite fair. It'd be damn hard to argue that Morg is a better support than Sona, but it's much more open as to whether or not Morg is a better champion than Sona.
OTGBionicArm wrote: Armored wimminz = badass.

My posts may be long. If this bothers you, don't read them.
Zoki
<Member>
Zoki's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 7:56am | Report
I would have to say Sona, second place Soraka. But that Soraka nerf and everything. Easier to talk after Sona/Soraka nerf patch, even thou Sona is better and is getting minor nerfs while Soraka is getting huge nerfs.

Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.
Sigs made by: LaCorpse, jhoijhoi, Katoki, JEFFY40HANDS, The_Nameless_Bard and Sk1llbug
-||- Check out my Master Yi guide -||-
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 7:56am | Report

Why because she has smart cast skills?

I've seen good Sona's and bad Sona's....Kinda hard not to admit that their are players who are more skilled with her than are not. Do I think she's complicated to play? No but I think she can be difficult to play well. Just like any other champion.

The fact that she doesn't have to target her heals/buffs/harass means little in the scheme of actually preforming well with her. However you do have to position yourself properly. (Of course position is important regardless of the champ.)

Just my opinion.

Notice how I acknowledged the difference in good vs bad Sonas?

All I'm saying is, you can prove to me you are good with Sona. After that, show me you are good with Ezreal/Fizz/Orianna/somebody that takes a higher level of skill to play.

Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2012 8:40am | Report
animorte wrote:

I don't like her at all, mainly because she takes almost no skill to play and I find it extremely difficult to judge a person's skill after using her, if they played well or not (I will go in detail with this momentarily).

My choice is still Taric. If I use him and lane with a carry played by someone that isn't ******ed, it is almost guaranteed them getting fed, almost no matter who we are against.

EDIT: Sona free week. ****. Noobs are going to think they are pro.

So much irony here that it isn't even worth taking the piss out of it simply does it itself.
Credit to Jeff and jhois for creating my signature and avatar design.
If I helped +Rep, if I didn't then +Rep the person who did.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide