Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Carry and defensive items , why ?

Creator: AnIh April 30, 2011 11:14am
1 2
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2011 10:33pm | Report
Well, a lot of the time I have bought FoN instead of Banshee's for a carry because it is cheaper, has more MR, and has awesome HP/5. The shield is good, yes. Great actually. But any smart person will waste a spell just to get rid of your shield. Just my preference.

I find that it is better sometimes to get one or two really good core damage items for your carry and then start up some defence if you have to. That is the object of core items. The few items that you will always be able to use, no matter what the situation.
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
Jvstm
<Member>
Jvstm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 30, 2011 11:27pm | Report
I usually get QSS instead of Banshee's, unless I vs Karthus, Ashe or Ezreal.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 12:33am | Report
#1 Player Mindset as a Carry:

LOL IMMA CARRY, I NEED TO BUILD MORE AD/AP RIGHT. YA **** DEFENSIVE ITEMS EVEN THOUGH I GET FOCUSED AND DIE IN .2 SECONDS.

TBH, I used to have that mentality, and I'm sure A LOT of players that started off had it also. It just takes time for everyone to 'learn'.

Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 12:58am | Report
yep exactly, however some champions who are more of the assassin type and backdoor alot prefer not to buy many defensive items, and example would be Wickd's Master Yi... he builds him 100% offensively goes in after the team fight has ended and gets a penta kill in ranked trolololol
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 4:42am | Report
My old gang used to be 100% offensive ;) But then i played like a sniper.

And i still defend that build!
VoiD
<Member>
VoiD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 6:50am | Report
Except for Ryze, he can go RoD, FH, and Vanshee without taking any loss in offense.
Jvstm
<Member>
Jvstm's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 1, 2011 11:28am | Report
Xaioli wrote:

#1 Player Mindset as a Carry:

LOL IMMA CARRY, I NEED TO BUILD MORE AD/AP RIGHT. YA **** DEFENSIVE ITEMS EVEN THOUGH I GET FOCUSED AND DIE IN .2 SECONDS.

TBH, I used to have that mentality, and I'm sure A LOT of players that started off had it also. It just takes time for everyone to 'learn'.

I used to do that with Sivir until I learned how to build Warmog's/Manamune/Atma's/Banshee's. Now I can't die and I still push lanes hella quick.
AnIh
<Member>
AnIh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 11:57am | Report
And a gain a lose with cassio&ezrael 0 defensive items + udyr tiger dps againts malphite jarvan , so fun to see your "carry" die to aoe before launching one spell and still buy ofensive stats ..
Pwnzor1130
<Member>
Pwnzor1130's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 4:01pm | Report
I used to have that mentality, but only because it works SO WELL during leveling. Honestly, I was barely to never focused in teamfights when playing as a carry. In fact, I all of a sudden started playing a bit of tanky DPS and now I buy at least 1 defensive item no matter the character XD.

Thanks to The Nameless Bard and Vavena for the sigs!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide