Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Clarity is it viable?

Creator: cooper56 March 11, 2012 12:55pm
1 2 3 4
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 7:48pm | Report
BLUE BUFF... WHAT IS IT!?!?!?!?!?

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 7:58pm | Report
I think it used to be good on supports.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 8:06pm | Report
I used to run it a bit on some of my mids, it's OK if you're good enough to get people low with your mana bar (I.E. good at landing spells) then clarity and combo them down for the kill.

I'd rather have blue though, especially since >90% of my games have a jungler.
Nasus says hi
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 8:28pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

You must be new around here. Half (or more) of the top rated guides are terrible.

So should i just leave if the guides are so badly done i hear solomid has better guides.
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 8:30pm | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:

Agree with pretty much every single person in this thread.

As soon as you can manage your mana, you drop Clarity.

People who use Clarity just seriously don't know how to manage their mana.

It's far better off to have Ignite, which reduces healing, or Exhaust, which reduces damage, than Clarity that gives you mana early game and falls off late game because you have mana sources.

but how do i kill people then if i can use abilities some champs. By time i wait to get mana back and so called mange my mana there healed fully.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 8:34pm | Report
cooper56 wrote:

So should i just leave if the guides are so badly done i hear solomid has better guides.

Meh, I like Mobafire mostly for the forums. Some of the guides here are pretty good, some are terrible, some are meh. Solomid's guides have their problems too, mostly the fact that the pro guides never get updated and a lot of them are out of date and using the old masteries.

But, honestly, you don't even need to use guides at all once you reach a certain point in understanding the game.

cooper56 wrote:

but how do i kill people then if i can use abilities some champs. By time i wait to get mana back and so called mange my mana there healed fully.

Don't let your mana get that low in the first place. On AP champions run mana regen/lvl seals and take blue buff. Don't spam spells unless you know you can get something out of it or you're playing a champion who you know can spam without running low.
cooper56
<Member>
cooper56's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 8:48pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Meh, I like Mobafire mostly for the forums. Some of the guides here are pretty good, some are terrible, some are meh. Solomid's guides have their problems too, mostly the fact that the pro guides never get updated and a lot of them are out of date and using the old masteries.

But, honestly, you don't even need to use guides at all once you reach a certain point in understanding the game.

Don't let your mana get that low in the first place. On AP champions run mana regen/lvl seals and take blue buff. Don't spam spells unless you know you can get something out of it or you're playing a champion who you know can spam without running low.

Umm yes i dont usually use guides that often but its nice sometimes for jungling and just basic stuff i dont care to much foe build orders i build what i like and what works for that moment in game.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 8:53pm | Report
They're good when you're at the point where you don't really understand what role every champion in the game is, which items are good or bad, which summoner spells to take and so on. Assuming you're reading the right guides, that is - reading the wrong guides could just as easily make you convinced that something sub-par is the best way to play for a long time.

Once you know offhand what every champion in the game does and what setup works well with each role they mostly become irrelevant and the only thing you usually need to think about is the order you skill your abilities. It comes with experience and learning from better/more experienced players.
LaCorpse
<Altruistic Artist>
LaCorpse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 9:08am | Report
I'm not going to sit here and argue with everyone on mobafire.

For the most part you guys are right. It falls off late game.

But for me personally, I have a handicap when I mid, because I'm used to having clarity that when I don't.. I don't manage my mana. Another hadicap of mine is forgetting to use Ignite when I have it. Only time I use it is on AD carry or Irelia :p but as a AP caster, I normally don't need the help of ignite especially when I play some one with a long range, and can shoot them down while they run away.

This does not make me a bad player. I won't stomp around and say it is amazing and I won't try to change opinions.

My BIGGEST pet peeve is when some one points out that I use it when I mid. With almost all the champions, especially Orianna, that I mid with, I like to play SUPER aggressive. I want to dominate. If I do amazing early game and out last hit and kill the enemy a few times, I will rock the rest of my game. I spam till level 3, and pop clarity if I need to, then by lvl 6 it will be up again. I use it to lure my enemy when I am oom and they think they can kill me. I use it in team fights when my friends have low mana.

I do need to learn to be better with mana, but then again when I'm ending a game 23/3/16 because of how fed I was in the beginning, I really see no problem. I don't feel the side effects of not using something more valuable. Why? Because summoner spells are personal preference. I don't care if you wan't me to take some thing else, go ahead call me a bad player, but at least I'm having fun with my games and that's all that matters. I don't plan on being pro, but I'm not a horrible player either.

Never assume some one is a bad player by their summoner spells.
Orianna Guide // Ahri Guide // +Rep for hugs ♡ // Signature Café!!

A Special Thanks To Those Who Made Me Signatures
>> Graphic Resources & Downloads <<
Xiron
<Editor>
Xiron's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 17, 2012 10:17am | Report
Kirluu wrote:

Or you could just accompany such a mid laner with a jungler who is capable of giving away, if not first, second blue buff. Problem solved, really.

True. I always think that if ppl take clarity.
Thanks to Keondre!

1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide