Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Clarity is it viable?

Creator: cooper56 March 11, 2012 12:55pm
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 1:23pm | Report
To be fair, the top rated Orianna guide uses a very unusual build too. I'm not going to hate on it because I don't play her and I'd have to let the author know how I feel about it rather than posting it here anyway, but it is unusual for sure :P

Orianna is one of the most mana-hungry mages in the game and I can understand that there will be guides that include Clarity as a summoner spell. However, you have to ask yourself, why would you play Orianna if others deal an equal amount of damage without needing the Clarity? If she really is that mana-hungry that she needs masteries, runes, blue buff AND Clarity to solve her mana issues, she really needs to offer something extremely strong to compensate for that when comparing her to other AP mids.
As far as I know, she doesn't. I don't think she's one of the strongest picks atm and I'd suggest trying other champions if someone were to ask me who to play in mid.

Having said all that, I do want to repeat I don't play Orianna and I'm not sure whether she really needs Clarity to solve her mana issues, I'm just saying that if she does it would be a reason for me not to play her and go for other champions.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 1:25pm | Report
Oh and also I agree with PsiGuard's post, that's pretty much the reason why I answered your initial question with a simple 'no' (sorry about that, should've been more specific).

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 1:32pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Orianna is one of the most mana-hungry mages in the game and I can understand that there will be guides that include Clarity as a summoner spell.

Having said all that, I do want to repeat I don't play Orianna and I'm not sure whether she really needs Clarity to solve her mana issues, I'm just saying that if she does it would be a reason for me not to play her and go for other champions.

Her mana dependance pales in comparison to hungrier mids like Ziggs. As long as you last-hit with autoattacks, have some mp5 in your runes/masteries and don't miss half your abilities, your opponent should be having health troubles before you have mana issues. Getting blue buff with an offensive spell like Ignite makes your combo just that much stronger.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the sig!
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 1:33pm | Report
Clarity isn't really a good spell for strong players. Strong players can usually control their mana usage and wouldn't need Clarity to supply them more. However it's viable but I'd very much rather take Teleport instead. Considering many champions already don't use mana

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 1:37pm | Report
Short answer - No.

Long answer - No, it's not.

Seriously -
Scales horrendously into late game, and if you're running out of mana you need to conserve mana better or get blues off your jungler more often. The guides that have it as their choice are usually bad, in honesty. I've never seen a "high elo" player (as you said) use it, either. Ever.

If you run out of mana even more, buy a Rod of Ages. If you have one and still run out of mana, don't spam so much!
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 1:39pm | Report
Just get a Chalice of Harmony on Orianna. Solve all mana problems erryday.
True love is found only in yourself.
KiNGFr0G
<Member>
KiNGFr0G's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 1:40pm | Report
Most of the time you just need a mana item clarity is only useful in a short time window
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 1:40pm | Report
Mana controlling is a very important factor. I've seen so many noobs who cannot properly control their mana (especially casters). Looking back, I remember a Malzahar who just hit level 3 and had exactly 0 mana. Didn't take a genius to find out every time his skills were off cool-down, they were used. Don't use Clarity, don't spam skills to the point you can't even pull off a full combo, and make the most of your skills. That's how you become successful

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 2:01pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Her mana dependance pales in comparison to hungrier mids like Ziggs.

Ziggs, hungry? o_o

Must've not played him enough during the free week then because I thought he wasn't hungry tbh.

Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2012 2:04pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Ziggs, hungry? o_o

Must've not played him enough during the free week then because I thought he wasn't hungry tbh.

100 mana per Q is pretty high when it's your main harass on about a 2 second CD.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide