Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Current Leblanc Nerf on PBE

Creator: AoKazeRyu June 19, 2013 4:57am
1 2
AoKazeRyu
<Member>
AoKazeRyu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 4:57am | Report
I think that many have the wrong impression of how Leblanc's damage is being nerfed. And i think the reason is because the math people have been posting is not very comprehensive and sometimes faulty. So I think I will clarify the math and show the differences very plainly so everyone can at least be in agreement as to where the damage takes a huge downturn for Leblanc players. I will only be using the base damage, since they are still changing the ap ratios around, and you will be able to judge for yourself if the difference in ap ratio can make up for the lack of damage, but I will at least show you the lack of damage first.

Old Lvl 6 w/ lvl 3 Q and lvl 1 R:

First proc Q: 150
Second proc Q: 60
First proc R: 165
Second proc R: 66

Total Old Damage without Second R proc: 375. with Second R proc: 441

New Lvl 6 w/ lvl3 Q and lvl 1 R:

First proc Q: 105
Second proc Q: 105
First proc R: 100
Second proc R: 100

total new damage without Second R proc: 310. With second R proc 410.

So at level 6, without the second R proc, you will be losing 65 damage, and 31 damage if you do proc R. This is actually a big nerf since if you play leblanc a lot, you would know that you don't always hit that second R proc for various reasons. Either way, with or without the second R proc, you will do less damage with the leblanc changes ( at least base damage) and if you do proc R twice, the damage difference is less but only by 30. This damage disparity get's even worse at levels 7 and 9.

Old Lvl 7 w/ lvl 4 Q and lvl 1 R:

First proc Q: 190
Second proc Q: 80
First proc R: 209
Second proc R: 88

Old total damage without second R proc: 479. With second R proc: 567

New Lvl 7 w/ lvl 4 Q and lvl 1 R:

First proc Q: 130
Second proc Q: 130

New damage total without second R proc: 360. With R proc: 460

Without the second R proc at lvl 7, you will now do 119 damage less than Leblanc used to. And if you do proc the second R, you will do 107 damage less than Leblanc used to. So u can take the 119 damage less without the second R proc, or you can proc R twice and shave off 12 damage from this nerf. Giving you a total of 107 damage less than you used to do instead of 119 damage less. Congratz.

Level 9 is just gross.

Old Lvl 9 w/ lvl 5 Q and lvl 1 R:

First proc Q: 230
Second proc Q: 100
First proc R: 253
Second proc R: 110

Total damage without second R proc: 583. Without second R proc: 693.

Lvl 9 w/ lvl 5 Q and lvl 1 R:

First proc Q: 155
Second proc Q: 155

total damage without second proc R: 410. With second R proc: 510

With the changes, at level 9, without the second R proc, Leblanc now does 173 less damage than she used to. With the second R proc, she does 183 less damage. So even if you do manage to proc R twice, you will still only end up increasing the difference between the old Leblanc and the new Leblanc.

However at Lvl 11 things do get a little better.

Old Lvl 11 w/ lvl 5 Q and lvl 2 R:
First proc R: 287.5
Second proc R: 125

Old damage before second R proc: 617.5. With second R proc: 742.5

New Lvl 11 w/ lvl 5 Q and lvl 2 R:

First proc R: 200
Second proc R: 200

damage before second R proc: 510. Damage with second R proc: 710

So without the second R proc, at level 11, you will be missing 107.5 damage. But if you proc R a second time, you will only miss 32.5 damage.

Old Lvl 16 w/ lvl 5 Q and lvl 3 R:

First proc R: 322
Second proc R: 140

damage before second R proc: 652. Damage with second R proc: 792

New Lvl 16 w/ lvl 5 Q and lvl 3 R:

First proc R: 300
Second proc R: 300

damage before second R: 610. Damage with second R: 910

So at lvl 16. Without the second proc on R, you will do 42 less damage than before. But if you proc R the second time, you will do 118 more damage than before.

So when it comes to base damage. At lvl 16, if you proc R the second time you will finally come out ahead with the new Leblanc changes. This is because the old lvl 3 R damage amp only increased damage by 15% more than lvl 2. (lvl 2 damage amp is 25%, lvl 3 is 40%). This extra damage amplification of 15% is less than 200 extra flat damage. However the 15% is greater than 100 flat damage. So you will NEED to proc R the second time to finally come out on top.

Now this is only with base stats. If you factor in the ap ratios, it appears that the old Q ratio on the first proc is .6 and the second is .3 for a total of .9. The new ap ratio, has now been changed from the supposed 1.0 ratio (both with .5) to .8 ( both with .4) meaning that not only is the base damage lower, the ap ratio is lower as well. So in regards to Leblanc's ability Q, ap ratios only make the difference greater.

Now using R on Q used to have a .99 ap ratio at lvl 6 (.66 from first proc, .33 from second) , 1.125 ap ratio at lvl 11 (.75 from first proc, .375 from second proc), and 1.26 ap ratio at lvl 16 (.84 from first proc, .42 from second). Now it has a flat 1.3 ratio (.65 each proc).

So new Leblanc ap ratios are both better and worse than before, and i will now show the difference and why it matters so much in gameplay:

Lvl 6:
First proc R: -.01 ap
Second proc R: +.32 ap
Lvl 11:
First proc R: -.1 ap
Second proc R: +.275 ap
Lvl 16:
First proc R: -.19 ap
Second proc R: +.23 ap

So there are two problems from an ap ratio standpoint. if you only proc the first R, you will do increasingly less damage than before as your ap goes up, and you keep leveling R. The ap ratio just gets worse and worse on the first R proc.

The second R proc is positive in ap ratio. Which is why people say this is a buff, but for late game or early game... If you notice, the ap ratio difference is best at lvl 6 and gets lower at 11 and even lower at 16. at the same time, your first R proc's ap ratio gets worse as well starting at - .01 ap at lvl 6 and then the negative ap ratio just gets bigger and bigger, till it almost cancels out the positive ap ratio at 16. So I do not believe the ap ratios really help leblanc at all.

The first R proc is just a loser compared to the old R, in every aspect. Damage and ap ratio. The second R proc has a better ap ratio than before, but you must remember that in order to have a positive second R proc, you first must have a negative first R proc, meaning that the "ap ratio buff" really only happens after you get the second R proc. and it is best at lvl 6. when you have the least amount of ap in the game, and it is worst at the late game when you have the highest amount of ap.

Now overall, the increasingly negative ap ratio is always made up for in the positive second R proc, however it really isnt much at lvl 16. From old to new, at lvl 16, you now have .04 more ap ratio if you are lucky to land both R procs, congratz.

Now this is the problem the math shows. Leblanc's changes to her QR combo are a straight NERF in every way in regards to damage output, UNLESS you manage to hit the second R proc, at which point you may have actual gains, .31 overall ap ratio increase at lvl 6. .175 overall ap ratio increase at lvl 11, and .04 increase at lvl 16.

So in order to gain anything from these changes, you MUST proc the second R. So if you play leblanc often you really see the problem as the more advanced techniques and tricks we use, we may not always be able to land that second R proc, and that used to be ok with the upfront kick from the first R proc, but now that the damage has been moved to the second R proc, you will feel a severe damage nerf unless u hit the second R proc.

Now you might have forgotten, but recently there was a nerf to Leblanc's Q and it now has a total ap ratio of .8, which is less than the old .9. So Q with it's proc will do less base damage after level 3 and it's ap ratio will always be .1 less than it used to be. What this means is that Leblanc's combo as a whole just got nerfed by .1. Meaning that the only time you can catch up in damage would be through the positive ap ratios in your R which would be ONLY the SECOND proc. and ONLY in Level 6 and 11 where the positive total ap ratio of both R procs is greater than .1. Meaning that lategame, this is a straight nerf, and if you land your whole combo, you will still be missing .06 ap ratio.

And in regards to how the ap ratio effects early game damage, you will find it hurts your damage until you have Mimic, at which you will need to try to have enough ap to make use of the only positive ap ratio on the second Q proc, to counteract not only the .1 ap ratio missing on Q but all the base damage gone as well.

These are my findings. I believe the math is correct. If you have any comments or questions, or if anything is unclear, i will be glad to clarify. But this is a pure nerf to leblanc damage as it pertains to her classic combos focusing on Q and R.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 9:47am | Report
no one is going to read this, sorry you wasted your time
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 10:31am | Report
Mooninites wrote:

no one is going to read this, sorry you wasted your time

This honestly

Idk why Riot would think of nerfing LeBlanc...shes not a problem and noone complains about her. She actually needs some armor...
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
Deadlydave
<Member>
Deadlydave's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 11:07am | Report
Pls make a tl;dr
If I helped, I would appreciate the +rep
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 11:38am | Report
IAmByakuya wrote:

She actually needs some armor...

Wtf no. :@
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 12:01pm | Report
She needs usefullness in the lategame, that is all.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 12:17pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:

She needs usefullness in the lategame, that is all.

Her late game is fine, all she's there for is to burst squishies, and she does that just fine late game. her laning is atrocious outside of roaming.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 12:19pm | Report
Lol I was doing patch preview with MsPudding. He told me that they are just going to nerf early game and buff late mid/late game on her.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 12:59pm | Report
Actually you shundn't nerf her early game because to be useful lategame she needs all her damage and be fed to be useful...
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 19, 2013 1:22pm | Report
Honestly, this makes no sense.

IMO, leave her Q be, leave her E BUT buff her W damage slightly.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide