Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides Mobafire League of Legends Build Guides
's Forum Avatar

Current meta is broken, let's change things

Creator: TheJohn January 5, 2012 12:55pm
1 2 3 4 5 6
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Posts:
2138
Joined:
Jan 25th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 5, 2012 12:55pm | Report
I've been analysing two things: why people lose and hows the meta going.

The first one was really surprising. If you think that trolls and feeders are the main reason for so many loses, you're wrong. The losing team is always fighting, teammates are blaming the others, they lose focus and cant play normally


Note: this isnt only about ranked, but blind pick and normal draft too. So dont come saying "you are wrong because you are ELO 666"

Now about the meta. I played against many team that have jungler, solo top offtank, AP carry mid, support and AD carry bot, and against some that didnt follow this idea

The thing is that the "meta teams" lost more than the others. Why? Simple, some champions have synergy, they work better together

And if you get a "meta team" with synergy? You wont have more chance to win, counter picks have synergy too

Another thing is that 2v1 top is awesome. They totally control the lane and kill the jungler every time he tries to gank because the bush is warded

An offtank + carry or two offtanks bot pwn the support + AD carry. They are a lot stronger, and one CC, support down. The AD carry just hugs the tower

The mid battle is odd. The champion that outrange the other or has a better harass has bigger chances. Cassiopeia is pretty strong, has a good range and poison. Xerath, Annie and Ryze cant lane against her. Morgana going mid? Send an AD


Maybe I said things that arent true, or you dont agree, but thats how things happened for the last 2 weeks
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Posts:
2138
Joined:
Jan 25th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 5, 2012 12:57pm | Report
*Preparing myself to read incredibly bad things*
Anandre
<Member>
Anandre's Forum Avatar
Posts:
221
Joined:
Jun 9th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 5, 2012 1:11pm | Report
Odd comps can work against the traditional meta set-up mostly because the traditional players probably won't know how to cope with two AD ranged bot or something like that. I've also seen many non-traditional set-ups lose to regularly composed teams. I don't think our meta's going anywhere much at the moment.
xIchi
<Member>
xIchi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1806
Joined:
Oct 19th, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 5, 2012 1:13pm | Report
Well I hate this meta, too, because I started LoL when Ashe / Sivir HAD to go mid. Nothing else, or they will be flamed. Cus Ashe was thought to be mid (well more cus she is ranged I think).
But sometimes one can often see, that AdCarry+Sup owns the other bot.
Well LoL is just to stiff in this case.

HoN and DotA have different metas, which are all viable (TriBot, Double Mid, Dual Jungle, 1 Top 2Mid, 2 Bot etc...)

But the biggest problem is, that the champs are designed to fit into the current meta.

And the summoner spells make this hard, too. All in one LoL just lost its dynamic play because of its ''innovative thoughts''...
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
12302
Joined:
Oct 31st, 2010
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 5, 2012 1:17pm | Report
TheJohn wrote:

*Preparing myself to read incredibly bad things*


Lmfao.
Learn the true S3 op, Tryndamere!
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/duffs-season-3-hamdamere-296968
Best Aatrox in The world, with a Video Guide!
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/duffs-336706
Like my official DuffTime Facebook page! http://www.facebook.com/DuffTime
Follow me on Twitter, @RealDuffTime
Come hang out when I'm streaming! http://www.twitch.tv/dufftime
omagma
<Scout>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1677
Joined:
Jul 27th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 5, 2012 1:21pm | Report
TheJohn wrote:

The mid battle is odd. The champion that outrange the other or has a better harass has bigger chances. Cassiopeia is pretty strong, has a good range and poison. Xerath, Annie and Ryze cant lane against her. Morgana going mid? Send an AD

Wut? First you say its about range, and then tell us that XERATH gets his *** kicked? i fail to see the logic.

You do have SOME points. But i thing you don't understand the current meta.

Meta = what works best. Works best = wining your lane.
Many pro's have said that one of the most important things in the game, is to win your lane.

It have been proven quite a few times that the current meta (solo top, jungel, ap mid, duo bot) is what works the best in that regard.

Another pointer, a proper solo top can destroy a 1v2 solo top lane. Solo tops that gain a huge boost from leveling (jaravan, olaf) are perfect at 1v2 on top lane. I prefer fighting people 1v2 when i solo top Jaravan.

But if there is 2 people top, is here only one bot? this makes no sense /:

I don't suspect that the jungler have to go bot? , you cant have a proper team whiteout a proper jungler..
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Posts:
1770
Joined:
Feb 5th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 5, 2012 1:28pm | Report
Meta isn't going to change unless tanky dps isn't the flavor of the month anymore.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Posts:
2138
Joined:
Jan 25th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 5, 2012 2:56pm | Report
omagma wrote:

Wut? First you say its about range, and then tell us that XERATH gets his *** kicked? i fail to see the logic.


Cassiopeia has the mobility advantage against Xerath
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Posts:
2138
Joined:
Jan 25th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 5, 2012 2:57pm | Report
omagma wrote:

But if there is 2 people top, is here only one bot? this makes no sense /:


Pressed "post reply" before finishing reading xD

You dont need the jungler, 5 people laning is OK


DuffTime wrote:



Lmfao.


This works, its a counter against bad replies
omagma
<Scout>
omagma's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Posts:
1677
Joined:
Jul 27th, 2011
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep | Commend January 5, 2012 2:59pm | Report
TheJohn wrote:

Cassiopeia has the mobility advantage against Xerath


So do ALL champs that don't have to stand still to get the full potential of there spells
Thanks to me and Elleeeeeka (love that name) for my sigs.
If i made a helpful comment on your guide/build, then hit that +rep button. or don't, its not like i care.
ALL HAIL QUEEN CHRYSALIS!
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.