Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Current meta is broken, let's change things

Creator: TheJohn January 5, 2012 12:55pm
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 9:13am | Report

Staying behind minions doesn't reduce or prevent Xerath's damage though. So how does that help? If anything because of unit collision you have a greater chance of being hit.

I get hit, yes, but he won't hit every time. And each time he hits he pushes lane. So to keep attacking me he needs to overextend. Simple as that.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 9:25am | Report

Staying behind minions doesn't reduce or prevent Xerath's damage though. So how does that help? If anything because of unit collision you have a greater chance of being hit.

No, it doesn't reduce or prevent damage... but it DOES make him hit more minions, and over-extend simply from trying to harass.

While you are last hitting, he's last hitting and dealing damage to almost each minion in your wave (assuming you're behind them). This pushes the lane (since you are only last hitting / one auto to keep up). Once the lane gets pushed early because of him trying to harass you, he's open to ganks.

JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 9:26am | Report
Xerath doesn't need to hit you every time. Just enough to force you from the lane which is very easy to do as Xerath goes IMO. As for over extending, what need is there for him to move passed middle of mid? He can farm way back.

A good Xerath abuses their range advantage as long and as often as possible. But that's how I play him.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 9:30am | Report
TheJohn discussing meta.
It's like a hippie operating on someones brain.
Sure it works, but the end result might not be very positive.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 9:30am | Report

No, it doesn't reduce or prevent damage... but it DOES make him hit more minions, and over-extend simply from trying to harass.

While you are last hitting, he's last hitting and dealing damage to almost each minion in your wave (assuming you're behind them). This pushes the lane (since you are only last hitting / one auto to keep up). Once the lane gets pushed early because of him trying to harass you, he's open to ganks.

So the basic principlas that apply to every other champion also apply to Xerath? WOW thanks for being so enlightening. Principal being "pushing your lane can result in ganks".
AncientNecro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 1:02pm | Report

So the basic principlas that apply to every other champion also apply to Xerath? WOW thanks for being so enlightening. Principal being "pushing your lane can result in ganks".

That being said. It's more of a strategy against Xerath because of his limited mobility. It's definitely not a strategy I use on many other champions unless (A) I know my jungler is a god. or (B) I'm simply being outskilled. Meh, it happens quite a lot. I'm still a noob.

JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 1:14pm | Report
I was merely pointing out that you were stating the obvious in a sarcastic tone.

If it offended you then I'm sorry, it seems many people now adays are easily aggrovated even when faced with simple sarcasm.

I'll make sure to be more obvious about it next time.

You really thought I was being overzealous? -_-"
AncientNecro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 1:27pm | Report

I was merely pointing out that you were stating the obvious in a sarcastic tone.

If it offended you then I'm sorry, it seems many people now adays are easily aggrovated even when faced with simple sarcasm.

I'll make sure to be more obvious about it next time.

You really thought I was being overzealous? -_-"

No :/ I had just come out a game with 3 trolls and an AFK and needed to rage. You have my apologies. Will edit that part now :P

JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 1:32pm | Report
That's what the QQ thread is for though :D

Sokay ^_^

Sarcasm is lost on the internet. It always ends up with someone going:

"You're a genius <<<<SARCASM"

Otherwise people are like...Wait is he srs? OMG SO CONFUSED
AncientNecro
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 7, 2012 1:50pm | Report
Yep. Communication. Where the internet prevails and fails all the same time -_- Haha.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide