Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

current top tier champs?

Creator: nmls87 May 26, 2012 7:26am
1 2 3 4 5
nmls87
<Member>
nmls87's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2012 7:26am | Report
hi, i'm fairly new in this game. Would like to know whats the current top tier champs people like to play. I've tried all the noob friendly chmaps like ashe, graves etc etc..if any of you guys can list on whats the top tier champs for ad carry, ap carry, tank and support, it would be helpful for me to decide which is my next champ to buy. tx in advance :)
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2012 7:35am | Report
tier 1 top: Nautilus, Olaf, Shen, Akali, Kennen, Irelia, Yorick
tier 1 mid: Morgana, Ahri, Kassadin, Cassiopeia, Karthus
tier 1 AD carry bot: Graves, Caitlyn, Corki, Vayne
tier 1 support bot: Janna, Soraka, Taric
Tier 1 tank bot: Alistar, Blitzcrank, Leona
Tier 1 jungle: Lee Sin, Shyvana, cho-gath, Nocturne

People that can go multiple places and wreck: Kayle, Varus, Urgot, Akali, Caitlyn, Lee Sin, Katarina

Well that's off the top of my head. Other people will make sure to add to this list and correct whatever I got wrong.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
nmls87
<Member>
nmls87's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2012 7:45am | Report
tx dude..now I can finally choose what champ to buy
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2012 7:58am | Report
note the tiers change every now and then, so pick a champ riot is less likely to nerf, though buffs are always welcomed :). unless it's for annie o.O.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2012 7:59am | Report
MyRepublic wrote:

tier 1 top: Nautilus, Olaf, Shen, Akali, Kennen, Irelia, Yorick
tier 1 mid: Morgana, Ahri, Kassadin, Cassiopeia, Karthus
tier 1 AD carry bot: Graves, Caitlyn, Corki, Vayne
tier 1 support bot: Janna, Soraka, Taric
Tier 1 tank bot: Alistar, Blitzcrank, Leona
Tier 1 jungle: Lee Sin, Shyvana, cho-gath, Nocturne

People that can go multiple places and wreck: Kayle, Varus, Urgot, Akali, Caitlyn, Lee Sin, Katarina

Well that's off the top of my head. Other people will make sure to add to this list and correct whatever I got wrong.

That's just like... your opinion man.

To be fair though Akali is a real strong pick. Less so for lower levels because she needs a runepage to do exceptionally well. She can still stomp games real hard without it though. Lee Sin and Katarina both have a decently high skill cap as well. Doesn't mean they're not strong.

Ryze> Kassadin simply because he's nigh unstoppable in late game if built right.
nmls87
<Member>
nmls87's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2012 8:05am | Report
I see...was thinking of buying katarina and lee sin..but most of the name you guys said is what I usually see to when watching pros stream..
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2012 8:25am | Report
WW should be there for top too. I main kata mid, but she takes a certain style.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
MyRepublic
<Member>
MyRepublic's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2012 8:35am | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

That's just like... your opinion man.

To be fair though Akali is a real strong pick. Less so for lower levels because she needs a runepage to do exceptionally well. She can still stomp games real hard without it though. Lee Sin and Katarina both have a decently high skill cap as well. Doesn't mean they're not strong.

Ryze> Kassadin simply because he's nigh unstoppable in late game if built right.

Yeah it is my opinion as is any list of champs. You're right about Ryze though. I didn't think about him because I have a headache. Anyway I tried to list champs I see a lot who almost always do well. A couple of them are less used that I'd like but most of those champs are what the high elo players are choosing. It's not like I called my mains all top tier anyway. I didn't even mention Ezreal, and if anyone disagrees with what I said they're welcome to explain why. It's not like I said this was the end all be all list. I even said others will have different opinions and will express them.

nmls87 wrote:

I see...was thinking of buying katarina and lee sin..but most of the name you guys said is what I usually see to when watching pros stream.

I wouldn't recommend that simply because they are some of the more challenging champs to use. A more friendly alternative to lee sin would be Nocturne (although any Jungler/Top takes a relatively high skill cap. Noc is in no way easy to play) IMO (I guess I have to write that after everything now) and rather than kat I'd say someone like Ryze as lugignaf pointed out.

Disclaimer: Everything I just said is an opinion. If you don't agree then just say so. I have a headache and just lost the most gimme game in the history of gimme games so I'm not in the greatest mood.

Thank you Miss Maw, CasterMaster and Arcana3 for the sweet sigs. I'd definitely recommend you to anyone looking for a nice sig.

"But we are stronger creatures than babies, why cant we hunt them?"- Meiyjhe
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2012 8:38am | Report
Jax, Ahri, Nautilus, Graves, Janna, Riven, Lee Sin, Kog'Maw and Blitzcrank are T1ish atm imo.
For SoloQ.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 26, 2012 8:45am | Report
http://www.reignofgaming.net/tier-lists/competitive-tier-list

Enough tier lists for you.

"Tier 1 jungle: Lee Sin, Shyvana, cho-gath, Nocturne"

For real? Put out Cho and put in Mundo.

Elementz tier 1:

AP-Carry: Cassiopeia, Ryze, Morgana, Ahri, Lulu, Vladimir, Anivia, Kennen, Karthus, Galio,
AD-Carry: Kog'Maw, Corki, Ashe, Graves , Urgot,
Bruiser: Shen, Olaf, ( Darius), Udyr, Lee Sin, Renekton, Warwick, Riven, Galio, Jax,
Jungler: Nocturne, Dr. Mundo, Shyvana, Lee Sin, Alistar, Riven, Maokai, Udyr,
Support: Janna, Soraka, Taric, Alistar, Lulu
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide