Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

DO NOT PLAY RANKED!

Creator: Archomni April 14, 2013 7:51pm
1 2 3 4 5 6
Archomni
<Member>
Archomni's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2013 7:51pm | Report
(I may have been excessive in a couple)

If you have less then 500 Normal/Draft Pick DO NOT PLAY RANKED!
If you have less then 80 Champions owned DO NOT PLAY RANKED!
If you have never Played a champion DO NOT PLAY RANKED!
If you have less then 40 Normal games with that champion DO NOT PLAY RANKED!
If you are a Troll DO NOT PLAY RANKED!
If you cannot do more then 4 lanes DO NOT PLAY RANKED! (that means learn to play all 5 positions)
If you are not Good enough for ranked DO NOT PLAY RANKED!
(how to tell? you lose more then you win)

If you are first pick DO NOT PICK ADC/APC/TOP! at least figure a trade with someone in the lower 3

Pick order

1. Support
2. Jungle
3. Top
4. APC/ADC
5. ADC/APC

If you cannot agree with this with DO NOT PLAY RANKED!

Here is a small guide,
ADC is main damage dealer to everything but generally TOP and Jungler (they build a lot of health and armor pretty often) (FEED THE ADC!) (DOES NOT GO IN FIRST TO BATTLE!)

Jungler Ganks lanes (TRIES HARD NOT TO TAKE KILL BUT GIVE TO LANE!) (GOES IN FIRST TO BATTLE!)

Support keeps the ADC and them self safe, ADC above all (DOES NOT TAKE KILL UNLESS ONLY OPTION) Depending on type of support, Initiates fight (I.E. NAMI ULT KNOCK UP!)

APC/MID Meant to burst down an ADC and or the top champion because its 3-4 skills that do extreme damage (DOES NOT GO IN FIRST TO BATTLE!)

TOP Should be first lane to take down a tower around 13-16 minutes (if a decent top 20-25 if a good top) Primary focus is ADC/APC also attempts at Peeling/Saving/Disrupting enemies from the ADC

Play a lot more Normals then go draft (yes draft mode is Almost as hard as ranked mode) you will notice that going into ranked for about 1 months then playing a few normals you feel like Einstein/Tesla and you average a great KDR

-Archomni
Aseafy
<Member>
Aseafy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2013 8:08pm | Report
A lot of these are pushing it. 500 normals? you only need around 300 to play at a silver/gold level. And 80 champions is really overboard, I only have 56 and i've been playing ranked for quite a while.

As for pick order, that isn't really the case. Junglers can get countered pretty hard (believe it or not, everyone who lanes doesn't think so but once you jungle, you realize.)

And btw, adc damages whatever is near him. A lot of the time, the adc will have to hit the tanks simply because that is all they can really do at that moment.
In-depth guide to the Twisted Treeline - Whether you want to play competitively or for fun (:
Find the fun of ranked 3's by clicking here!

Thank you to The Nameless Bard for my signature!
Satella
<Member>
Satella's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2013 8:11pm | Report
Archomni wrote:

If you have less then 80 Champions owned DO NOT PLAY RANKED!

^ WTF lol

Wish I could downvote posts.
Rewriting Riven Guide Useful Programs Thread Sig making
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2013 8:16pm | Report
You realize how much IP/RP it is to have 80 champions right?... Takes most people a week to buy a 6300 IP champ. Are you implying everyone must buy champions with RP?
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2013 8:24pm | Report
I have always been told to know at least 3-4 champs in each role, that way you can fill in for what ever your team needs, and to be able to counter pick somewhat

so before playing ranked you should at least Know
how to play 4 ADC
how to play 4 Mid
How to play 4 Top
How to play 4 Jungle
How to play 4 Support

That's only 20. Having own 60 more then that is a little overboard.

PS I don't play ranked atm
Sig by R4GE
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2013 8:30pm | Report
Nice first post, but however well-intentioned you may be, you are mistaken on multiple points.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2013 9:29pm | Report
I've played over 1400 games in two years and spent like £80 in RP and I still only own 45 champs. And I got gold last season with about 20 games by instalocking Ezreal every game. Apparantly I've been doing it all wrong, o boy my face is red right now.
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2013 11:01pm | Report
Somebody sounds Bronze and butthurt. Diamond (tomorrow) player here and I only play Jungle and Yorick top. Yet somehow I make due, succeed even! If you are courteous and state a case for you getting a certain role, even if you are last pick, generally people will give it to you.

-C4 Lasty
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2013 11:24pm | Report
nah this is wrong in several aspects

you can play ranked if you're strong in one main role, decent in a backup role, and at least competent on 1-2 champions in each role. every high ELO player in season 1 and 2 carried themselves GENERALLY using one role, and in many cases, one champion (e.g. HotshotGG's nidalee)

i have less than 500 normal wins, and you certainly don't need 80 champions
most players probably should not play a champion for the first time in ranked, but this isn't a do-or-die rule

also the "do not first pick AP/top/AD" tip is just plain wrong because it is often more important to secure strong picks that are open instead of trying to avoid being countered (because oftentimes, these strong picks don't have hard counters)

in general i don't think anyone should ever try to create hard rules for playing ranked because there are always exceptions and certain cases where certain rules don't hold (especially towards higher ELOs)
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 14, 2013 11:36pm | Report
i find first picking mid champions perfectly fine in low elos because people blindly lolcounter champions and pick them without knowing how to play them only cuz "he counters -insert champion-" and then normally fail with them

and i really onle use like 4 different champions in ranked anyways because i always try to get mid or jungle so needing 80 champions is a bit over the top, you only really need like 3-4 per role

and as someone else said junglers can get countered and if they get countered then the game is pretty much a 4v5 because a jungler that gets countered and killed is basically not getting any farm or gold
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
1 2 3 4 5 6

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide