Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Does Champion Counters work at Bronze?

Creator: Oooneshot May 27, 2014 11:12am
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2014 8:08pm | Report
In Bronze noone triess that stuff at all. Baiting out a counter strike? Its a ****load easier just to scream at your jungle and splitpush all day cos youre behind.

Basically MOBAFire.
StylzHere
<Member>
StylzHere's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 27, 2014 9:01pm | Report
Do not worry about countering picks in bronze. I always tried that, and if you are not used to the champion or haven't played them much you won't win much at all. There's a misconception in bronze that counter picking makes laning easier, when it doesn't unless you can play said champ. Your kit counters them, so if you don't know how to play the champ properly, the counter is useless and you would be better off playing a champ you are good with wether you counter or not. Also, people are usually not good enough to completely outplay someone they counter most of the time, so I ignore counters overall tbh. I climbed due to the following reasons:

Went from 500-1000 mmr in 8 days due to correcting the following.
- if you win a fight, take any objective. Wether it's tower, dragon, baron, or even counter jungling. Anything helps give your team a better lead and map control.
- WARDS WIN GAMES! I can't tell you how many games I've lost due to flanks in team fights before realizing my stupidest mistake ever, not warding. It's not only the jugglers job. I usually try to but atleast 3-4 green wards and 2 pinks per game, it gives vision which can really open the doors to taking objectives, picking fights in your favour, or picking people off 1 by 1
RANDOM FACT, GOT A GF WHILE WRITTING THIS. SHE ALSO PLAYS LEAGUE, IS IT TOO EARLY TO PROPOSE AND MARRY HER?
- Be ready to play anything. You won't always get the position you want. Be ready to play anywhere and have atleast 3 champs to play at each positon.
- Win early game. A lot of people give up low elo, win early and you will win almost every game unless you throw hard.
- pick around the team comp, not yourself. Say your going support and the enemy has a yasuo, jax, and xin. All need to be CC'd to win the fight as they are mobile. So instead of picking say a Zilean if you are good with him, pick a champ you can play decently with CC, like a morg or leona. Your laning won't be as strong, but your team fights will be.
- map control. Most important thing. Without this you lose any low elo game instantly, unless you hold out in your base for 50+ minutes and somehow ace the enemy team for a 5 man push mid to win.

I know he didn't ask how to climb out, but what I don't understand is why ask something in a forum, that is more of a representation of your skill and mechanics more than the in game champs themselves. He just seems to be looking for answers like I was before I realized my really stupid mistakes. I'm not saying I'm pro now or anything, I'm still learning a lot each game, I'm just saying what I learned to do so I can climb a bit low elo to try to get out of bronze.

BTW, wrote all of this on my iPhone, sorry for any mistakes or autocorrects.
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2014 6:23am | Report
Only HARD counters make a difference.

The thing about counters is you have to know HOW one counters the other. Most people in Bronze/Silver have no clue about most matchups. Even when they know, sometimes they can't do it properly due to mechanics or poor decision making.

From experience, all that matters up to Gold is skill.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2014 9:33am | Report
Also, in my Bronze experience people always have a flawed reasoning that even if they never played the champion they can do so because they are "Countering". This results in over-the-top terrible playing from the Counter side, which gives confidence to the person who got countered. I've seen **** like a Blitzcrank got top against a Nasus and leave the lane 6-0.

My advice for Bronze is really to perfect your champion and try to broaden your game knowledge horizons: know your limits, know what to go for in terms of objectives and prepare your back for carrying. Always be positive, don't rage at stuff like feeding (because you yourself have probably already fed in the past) and always remember to keep track of team scores and who is fed on the enemy side so you don't get surprised when trying to duel someone.

Also Jax can be a pretty decent splitpusher and has great dueling abilities so you can try splitpushing since Bronze elo players deal really terribly with that, as long as you ward and keep a ward/trinket with yourself to gtfo.
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2014 10:36am | Report
FalseoGod wrote:

Also, in my Bronze experience people always have a flawed reasoning that even if they never played the champion they can do so because they are "Countering". This results in over-the-top terrible playing from the Counter side, which gives confidence to the person who got countered. I've seen **** like a Blitzcrank got top against a Nasus and leave the lane 6-0.

My advice for Bronze is really to perfect your champion and try to broaden your game knowledge horizons: know your limits, know what to go for in terms of objectives and prepare your back for carrying. Always be positive, don't rage at stuff like feeding (because you yourself have probably already fed in the past) and always remember to keep track of team scores and who is fed on the enemy side so you don't get surprised when trying to duel someone.

Also Jax can be a pretty decent splitpusher and has great dueling abilities so you can try splitpushing since Bronze elo players deal really terribly with that, as long as you ward and keep a ward/trinket with yourself to gtfo.

Yeah, but BOTH teams deal terribly with split pushing in bronze. A couple of weeks ago I tried to smurf in bronze with a "split push only" policy, and every time the enemy team came top/bot to try and shut me down, my team would ignore the open tower and run top to make a teamfight of it; NOT what they're meant to do when they have a split pusher on their team. I gave up within 5 games when I went 2/3 having been stupidly fed each game. Even in plat when I try to split push, my teams all too painfully often respond incorrectly to my split pushing, and it ends up being detrimental rather than helpful. Split pushing only consistently works at higher Elos, at low Elos it's like playing Russian Roulette, with the odds stacked against you.
Delta Scorpion
<Member>
Delta Scorpion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 28, 2014 2:16pm | Report
Oooneshot wrote:

Hello guys and I'm still at the Kingdom of Bronzodia and I have a question.

Does champion counter work at bronze. Sometimes i look at champion counters and saw that the enemy's champion is counter to mine but I still win the lane. Any answers?

Champion counters will usually have a slight advantage, usually with their abilities. I would suggest to learn 3 champions. For me I have Anivia, Fizz and Kayle for the mid lane, and I find I can usually counter their champion with one of those three :)
My Anivia Guide

+Rep is greatly appreciated

Thanks to Emikadon for the sig!
Nera
<Member>
Nera's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2014 2:07am | Report
Personally, i don't find counters work so much in bronze, alot of time i would counterpick myself(because yolo) and would still come out on top a majority of the time. Just play a champion, get used to all its matchups and you will climb.

I personally went from bronze 4 to silver 2 only playing Singed. Splitpushed all day letting everyone chase me to death even if they were 2-3 people they would often get at least to 1/3 health, then since as previously mentioned all bronzies want is teamfights over and over again, my team would come for the cleanup then we would push objectives,or rather i made sure we pushed objectives and not stand around for no reason. Everyone in bronze want kills over and over again which is why Singed worked out so well for me, i would basically intentionally get lower hp pop ult/ghost and let them chase me.

Splitpushing in low elo is a good strategy... but you have to be very far ahead and able to basically solo at least 3 people for it to be extremely effective. That's my opinion anyways

Nera
FantasySniper
<Member>
FantasySniper's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2014 3:02am | Report
Counters work, but rely on the execution of such a counter. They will have an inherent "high-ground" in the situation because of their kit, but there is no guarantee that you'll be using the "high-ground" properly or that they don't know how to "even the playing field" themselves.

In Bronze, it might not work at all. When someone lacks the execution for a counter, its as if they never had the advantage in the first place.
If you want to help me, teach me.
Fat_fast
<Member>
Fat_fast's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2014 6:19am | Report
In bronze, counter doesn't work very effectively, unless it's downright that champion's bane. Skills and, for a lack of better word, OP-ness is the deciding factor whether you win a lane or not.
Secondly, the definition of winning a lane isn't set in stone. It's expectation, if your pick a champ who enjoys a lot of commotion and killing early on and you get just that, you win. If your pick a champ who comes to a lane hoping to survive till later stage and end up not too far behind, you win etc...

TL;DR: You win a lane base on 2 factors: your skill and how easy to win with your pick. Winning a lane means that your pick get what he or the team wanted. A farmer gets to farm, a snowballer gets a lot of kill, an etc get etc...
TROLLing1999
<Member>
TROLLing1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 29, 2014 6:48am | Report
Champion counters are not always the deciding factor. Actually in most cases it's all about skill. A good example is the All-Star finals(OMG vs SKT T1). In the first game, xiyang picked Syndra(and he is probably the best Syndra in the world) and Faker won him in lane with Orianna. In the 3rd game Faker picked Syndra and xiyang got Orianna. Still faker ****ed him.

I know that All-Stars is way far from bronze but it's still an indicator of how skill has more impact than champion picks, at least in lane because team comps are a different thing.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide