Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

ELO HELL IS SOOOO REAL

Creator: 3pthorror August 5, 2011 11:52pm
1 2 3 4 5
Restrictnine#5232
<Veteran>
Restrictnine#5232's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 12:27pm | Report
This... Elo hell... Its not a place on the brackets. It is more of the point where you can no longer outcarry the trolls, and you are kinda stuck. You are better than that elo, but not consistent or competent enough to reach where you really belong. How the trolls get there is one of several explanations. They are better than where they are but like to not try, they got carried by luck, or they are like you and aren't consistent enough.
Click on the Banner to see my new and improved Udyr guide!

Guides By RestrictNine, A.K.A. Taggrin
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 12:35pm | Report
Quoted:

This... Elo hell... Its not a place on the brackets. It is more of the point where you can no longer outcarry the trolls, and you are kinda stuck. You are better than that elo, but not consistent or competent enough to reach where you really belong. How the trolls get there is one of several explanations. They are better than where they are but like to not try, they got carried by luck, or they are like you and aren't consistent enough.

That's the whole thing though, if you aren't consistent enough, you AREN'T good enough to be higher elo, and you SHOULDN'T raise any ELO because you don't belong higher than where you can consistently perform well.

Here is a step-by-step guide on how to avoid 'ELO Hell.'

1. Get some friends to make a premade with you.

2. Queue up.

3. ???

4. Profit.

kind of defeats the point when you're not getting out of solo queue elo doesn't it?
Tri lane for life.
Lemon Venom
<Member>
Lemon Venom's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 12:39pm | Report

Here is a step-by-step guide on how to avoid 'ELO Hell.'

1. Get some friends to make a premade with you.

2. Queue up.

3. ???

4. Profit.

Temzilla wrote:

kind of defeats the point when you're not getting out of solo queue elo doesn't it?

Very, very true. This 'guide' doesn't rid of the problem, only shoves it out of the way. ;P
The sig was made by TheSoupKitchen. Go check out his sig shop.
[Give me a +Rep if I helped you at all.]
Hershyy
<Member>
Hershyy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 12:51pm | Report
Imo, Elo Hell exists because you let it happen to yourself. If you didn't fail in the first place you wouldn't be down there right?

EDIT: I climbed about from 400- 900 elo this week with an amazing strategy. I had my 10 year old brother go on my 2nd account and play Sona while I played Vayne. He doesn't really know how to play but he knows how to spam q and w in our lane. Pretty fun to play with him for the first 10 minutes, but after that he's just... terrible.
SixSonatas
<Veteran>
SixSonatas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 12:55pm | Report
ELO Hell: People who think they deserve to be higher ELO.
ELO Heaven: People who think they deserve to be lower ELO.
Real ELO: Play the game without thinking you deserve higher or lower ELO.

It's all perspective. Glass is half empty or half full?
Super old vet that almost never goes on Mobafire anymore. Contact me in game @ SixSonatas and Mobafire chat (NA).
Lemon Venom
<Member>
Lemon Venom's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 12:57pm | Report
Hershyy wrote:

Imo, Elo Hell exists because you let it happen to yourself. If you didn't fail in the first place you wouldn't be down there right?

Yes, but most who get in ELO Hell are dragged down by other players. My understanding is that most people wouldn't QQ on the forums because THEY put themselves there. (Well, now that I think about it... Seems likely)
The sig was made by TheSoupKitchen. Go check out his sig shop.
[Give me a +Rep if I helped you at all.]
Hershyy
<Member>
Hershyy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 12:58pm | Report
SixSonatas wrote:

ELO Hell: People who think they deserve to be higher ELO.
ELO Heaven: People who think they deserve to be lower ELO.
Real ELO: Play the game without thinking you deserve higher or lower ELO.

It's all perspective. Glass is half empty or half full?

I had a guy yesterday ask me in the middle of the game what elo hell is. After I explained it too him, he complained about how he was stuck in elo hell. I check his history and its his 2nd ranked game played... wtf.
Hanuul
<Member>
Hanuul's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 9, 2011 1:25pm | Report
2 Rep already? lolwut. Anyways right now after skarner update thing im waiting in a 23 minute Login Queue so I decided to check random things like this. Also furthermore you could get an OP champ to raise your ELO. I told my whole ranked team to feed in an arranged while I was on Karthus and got a pentakill for 5 500 gold people, along with the rest of my team getting some gold in assists. So funny they didnt buy a BV by then.

As that was off-topic seriously though, get an OP carry, a character that barely dies, or you can be a meatshield tank to win. Whatever suits you best in solo queue. I always tell someone if they can't decide a champ "Use your best champ." And then I proceed to see that guy get like 15 kills. Really depends on trolls and feeders as a factor too. I think i'll stop here for now before it becomes tl;dr(but it probably already did).
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2011 5:57pm | Report
Back in business.

Hanuul wrote:

Also furthermore you could get an OP champ to raise your ELO.

One way to talk about how Elo hell´s not existing but instead telling ppl to get sth "OP" to carry them...

Have to admit, that using your best champ in early Elo seems to be better than trying to adapt to your teamsetup, though. (Sometimes it´s no biggie missing a real tank. Just need to get the advantage early)

@Temzilla

Couldnt care less about your personal crusade against my vicious grammar of evilness. (You´ll be utterly defeated, though)

But you got it wrong back then (again).
In that case, adapting means to cover what your team´s missing.
For example: If they lack the courage to enter a teamfight: By picking a tank you can force them to enter, if the odds are in your favor ofc.
And also dont get me wrong on that: My "mates" are nothing more than my pawns, is it that I´m the one sacrificing them or being the one sacrificing himself to move them.
3pthorror
<Member>
3pthorror's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 15, 2011 7:25pm | Report
okay so i think im in elo hell becuase:

I have ad ranged carries that try to go do dragon solo 20 min in with no pink ward and die to there team ganking or dragon itself
I have kids who try to get kills lvl 1 in the side lanes draw tons of minion agro and die
those kids ^ dont farm they only know of getting kills...so they usually fail hard
I have a leaver on my team 2/3 games on a regular basis
I am usually positive with the most farm on both teams
I get kids who duo and go lane together and feed then leave together...together
I get kids that quit once they die once
I get kids who freak out when u dont ban tryndamere...-_-...they usually dodge and when they dont they sometimes purposely feed the trynd then tell me he is op and that they were right the whole time
I get kids that jungle and refuse to give ap carries that need a lot of mana blue, and ad carries red
I always buy the most wards no matter what role i am
I get tons of players who do ap mf and lichbane tristana
I get players who think u need a tank or ur gunna lose
I get mostly players who have no idea of how important farming is
I get enemies who are bad, but can do most of the important skills
I don't know why I get trolled so much
but.....I am in some sort of hell, whether it has to do with ELO or not I am in a hell of some sort
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide