Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

EU servers are being split up

Creator: Luther3000 June 29, 2011 1:52pm
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 2:15am | Report
Quoted:
Originally Posted by EvilEpidemic View Post
I've asked this before elsewhere and i'll try again here,

Why is it that we need regional accounts? Why can we not just have global accounts (for champs, runes, skins, etc..) and select the region we wish to play in at the time we wish to play?

Why is there no information regarding the capacity versus the current traffic for each region presented to the users thus giving them the option of queuing for a busy region or migrating to another less populated one?

This region split sounds like more like a financially motivated decision than an operational one, an effort by Riot to squeeze whatever money is left in the playerbase before the untenable service finally reaches breaking point and a replacement arises for which the disaffected population will migrate to.

Also judging by polls seems the split is pointless since 75% are going west, i mean what is the point.
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 2:39am | Report
I guess team moba should go east :3... better chance of getting high elo :D!
Whated#79092
<Member>
Whated#79092's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 2:47am | Report
Riot should block all connections from Russia and then the split should be just fine, lol.

League of Legends is a team based strategy game. What can you do if the ****ing kid from Russia can't speak ****ing English? I am 14 years old and I live in Finland. And I think, in my honest opinion. That my English is understandable in game. Which can lead us to victory. Just like in World War 2 Finland beat the ****ing Russia ***.

-End of story.
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 2:55am | Report
See what this split is doing? it's making people in the EU go against each other. I disagree Whated, all countries have great players and also have great cultures. Everyone should respect the people from other countries, it's not their fault they don't speak English and well its a game.. lets enjoy it not argue on who's country is better in WW2
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 3:05am | Report

Also judging by polls seems the split is pointless since 75% are going west, i mean what is the point.

Well quoting my chat with Matt on Skype...

according to poll on the lol forums there will be 40%+30% on E side so let me quote one post from there:
"Judging by this poll Western server will be split into half soon too. Herp Derp."

Sooo true... lets make a boycott and just all move there? so they merge those 2 server bases?
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Ippytraxx
<Member>
Ippytraxx's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 3:11am | Report
Bad riot is bad.
So Moba is going on west server?
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 3:31am | Report
I'm voting for the NE (east) server.
I'll be going there at least.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 3:35am | Report
I also vote for east. No point over-crowding west, the whole point of this was to balance it out.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 3:39am | Report
Ok, i dont want to go anywhere. If they can buy 100% more servers just for the splitup ****... than they are able to let is go as it is atm. I dont want to choose which friends i want to play with and which dont.

I also dont want to be treated as a digit in their system. I am a person and this is rasist...

There are no real users that approve this. There are ppl that rant at it or ppl that dont care sicne they have no friends at all and they play alone.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Ippytraxx
<Member>
Ippytraxx's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2011 3:40am | Report
Ok good I'm in Nordic so it suits me. BTW are they doing the split as we speak? The servers have been offline for an extended amount of time.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide