Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

EU servers are being split up

Creator: Luther3000 June 29, 2011 1:52pm
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 16 25
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 1:52pm | Report
Forum news post

EU Platform Split FAQ

I can't say I'm very happy about this solution.

I have quite a few friends who are playing in the countries that will now be part of the eastern servers and I'm sure that a number of other people have the same problem =(

I'm sure that the mobafire chatroom(s) will be a lot smaller now too =(

EDIT: So I've had some more time to think about this now, and honestly I think it may be the worst thing Riot has ever done.

I mean, you're splitting up not only teams, friends and communities, but what about the tournaments and rankings? How are they going to work with EU split in half?

I just think the whole idea is completely stupid and Riot are going to alienate and anger people on both sides of the split. Even if we do all go to one of the two servers, people are going to end up playing out of their native area, and I don't think we should have to. It's just so silly and unnecessary. I don't know a thing about servers, but I'm damn sure it's possible to handle the whole of EU with the right hardware and setup - after all, there are many other games that can manage to do this.

Very angry.

EDIT: I found some interesting Riot posts on the forums:

hohums wrote:

Originally Posted by BJSV View Post
... are you going to stop trying to fix servers making this split permanent?

And what happens if you one day finally fix servers? Are you going to leave things split?

We don't know what will happen in the future in this regard. Its not something that is being ruled out as a possibility.

Source

Zenon wrote:

Your first transfer will be free. After that you can transfer as often as you want, but there will be a fee.

Zenon wrote:

After that you can transfer as often as you want, but there will be a fee.

Zenon wrote:

there will be a fee.

Zenon wrote:

a fee.

Source

I called it.

EDIT: I found a great picture on the forums that illustrates something I was saying earlier.

Luther3000 wrote:

Anything else; I've played popular games in the past that used one single set of servers for EU. At the very least, they should allow players to log into both of the new EU platforms from the same account, without having to choose one to stay on forever, or having to pay to switch. If one platform got too full, people could use the second. I guess I'm thinking of something like the realms in world of warcraft, except being able to switch between them without having to pay £32042953.

This is what I want, and I see absolutely no reason why Riot could not simply do this instead of exploiting more money by charging for server switches.

EDIT: Seems that the thread I found this picture in was just closed by Riot for absolutely no reason. It was very politely worded, with helpful suggestions for how this could work, and not insulting anyone in any way. Starting to really lose faith in Riot.

EDIT: Please use this thread to discuss opinions on the split, how this will affect you etcetera and not to flame. Thanks. :P
Crazy Smurf
<Member>
Crazy Smurf's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 2:00pm | Report
Yeah... North and East Europe got screwed. Look at the terrority gap between Western and E+N countries, ****ing insane... nothing will change in E+N servers.
- Witcher 1 and 2 Collecter Editions - Best RPGs in tha World -
Thaniel
<Member>
Thaniel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 2:03pm | Report
No wonder everyone always switches to the US servers.. lol, They're sick of getting screwed over.
I checked out your guide; why don't you take a look at some of mine! Tell me what you like and don't like about them so that I might further flesh them out.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 2:05pm | Report
I'm more concerned about splitting the players; my first two friends on LoL were from Finland, and I currently have several from Finland and Poland.

I also think Searz is from Sweden and Kirluu from Denmark - I'm sure there are a lot of other people from this site who I won't be able to play with anymore =(
BigDaddyPedro
<Member>
BigDaddyPedro's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 2:05pm | Report
The most ******ed thing Riot could have done. Thank you Riot for messing up another thing we enjoy.
Zhank you to jhoijhoi and Spoon as well as wRAth for the awesomez Sigz <3
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 2:09pm | Report
well.. we have 1 free transfer... in order to still be with friends... if we in moba EU can sort and agree on the place to switch... we can still be together <3
BigDaddyPedro
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 2:11pm | Report
True, lets go East EU, cuz we don't have to deal with the spanish/french people :3
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 2:15pm | Report

The most ******ed thing Riot could have done. Thank you Riot for messing up another thing we enjoy.

Have to agree really, I imagine a lot of people will be angry at being split from friends/teams. I know they're saying that buying or upgrading their servers will not fix this problem, but I'm not entirely sure I believe them - It'll be interesting to see what Riot do if the NA playerbase grows to the point where these issues occur there.

well.. we have 1 free transfer... in order to still be with friends... if we in moba EU can sort and agree on the place to switch... we can still be together <3

I suppose so, but I don't really see why we should have to do that...There should be some better way for Riot to handle it.

EDIT: I guess the problem with this is that either way people are going to end up screwed over - for example if I decided to go to the eastern servers, and then later friends in my own country were playing LoL? I wouldn't be able to play with them, and the same goes for if the eastern mobafire people decided to move to the western server.

True, lets go East EU, cuz we don't have to deal with the spanish/french people :3

Because Russians and far eastern europeans are always communicative and helpful when you get them on your team, right? =P (no offence to anyone from those areas)
BigDaddyPedro
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 2:25pm | Report
Meh Russians have vodka. What do Spanish and french people have? Snails and bulls?

The best way to describe this is just like the Split in Europe during the Coldwar era.

All I can say is FU Riot
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 2:28pm | Report
WTF RIOT! WTF!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 16 25

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide