Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

EU servers are being split up

Creator: Luther3000 June 29, 2011 1:52pm
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 3:17pm | Report
Scrax wrote:

Well, at least they spent all my money on something useful right? I mean.. That's why I bought all those things right? So that they could make the game worse for me? Oh, well. I did pay them to force me to quit indeed, I am glad they listened to me.

Now to wait for DotA 2.

I've never spent a penny on LoL, and these two weeks+ of server issues and now this make me glad that I never did. The problem is that I really like LoL as a game, and it being my first MOBA game I would honestly prefer to stay with it. **** like this just makes me want to stop playing it at all though. (I've also heard DOTA doesn't have AP, which sucks because I love playing AP champs and generally dislike playing autoattack carry type champs)

Guild Wars 2 does look pretty nice. Pissed they took out monk though (was my favorite class in gw1).

EDIT: Anyone know when the split is happening? Because the servers aren't usually still unavailable at this time, and the EU forums are completely screwed up at the moment.
SixSonatas
<Veteran>
SixSonatas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 3:25pm | Report
Apparently you guys have the freedom to transfer your account between the two servers (for free); what's wrong with being able to have the same account on two EU servers? Just transfer to one if you want to play with some friends, transfer back for other friends.

Unless I'm not understanding this correctly:

"You mentioned free transfers between the platforms. How are these free transfers going to work?

If you had an account on the EU Platform prior to the split, that account will be issued a free transfer. This transfer will be available through the store approximately shortly after the split occurs. To take advantage of the free transfer, visit the ‘Other’ tab of the League of Legends Store."
Super old vet that almost never goes on Mobafire anymore. Contact me in game @ SixSonatas and Mobafire chat (NA).
SixSonatas
<Veteran>
SixSonatas's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 3:27pm | Report
Oh nevermind you can only do it once and then they start charging you for it.

Yeah that's bull.
Super old vet that almost never goes on Mobafire anymore. Contact me in game @ SixSonatas and Mobafire chat (NA).
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 3:27pm | Report
@SixSonatas, ONE free transfer. That's your problem right there.

I'd assume after that they'll start charging stupid amounts of money for it like Riot always do.
Kramis
<Member>
Kramis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 3:29pm | Report
My girlfriend dumped me yesterday and this is still the biggest ****ing disipointment off the whole week! arrghh... i play with alot of people that i cant play with any longer soon soon ..

I really want to play on US but the 200ms is way to horrible to bee viable .. -.-'

BigDaddyPedro
<Member>
BigDaddyPedro's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 3:34pm | Report
I rather the Servers don't be split up and we still have these server issuses then vice versa.

We need a mega thread on the official LoL website for this.
Zhank you to jhoijhoi and Spoon as well as wRAth for the awesomez Sigz <3
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 3:36pm | Report
Possibly important news:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=10689897#post10689897

The first part of this post seems to imply that the split is actually occuring either now or in the very near future. =(
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 3:37pm | Report

The most ******ed thing Riot could have done. Thank you Riot for messing up another thing we enjoy.

This...

I dunno what kind of software they're running on their servers, but as an IT guy who's also in the same department (technical support for a platform with quite a lot of accesses)... this sounds like total ********.

Then again I dunno their playerbase nor the number of active players during peak times. I'm guessing they'd prolly have to revamp the server-side app they're running... and that'd prolly end up being more expensive. Thus they pick the "easy way out".

Another thing i've noticed is: what about Middle East players? randomly tossed into any server? They don't even show up in the map (remembered this cause I got to know some guys from the mid-east).

Bottomline: shooting themselves in the foot.
10. The Blitz on your team will never land his grabs, but the one on the other team will.
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 3:40pm | Report
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2011 3:41pm | Report
Well, I'm going to quit lol now, this killed it for me.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide