Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Featured guide section overhaul.

Creator: Pølsemanden October 3, 2012 5:15pm
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 8:13pm | Report
ex·am·ple/igˈzampəl/

Noun:
A thing characteristic of its kind or illustrating a general rule.

Verb:
Be illustrated or exemplified.

Synonyms:
instance - sample - model - exemplar - pattern - paradigm

It was a poor example. Additionally you added "This is probably the best Kayle Guide on Mobafire" which makes your example an "opinion".

Anywhoo, Cuddowls I applaud your efforts, keep at it and don't get distraught. People like to give you **** because you're the new guy on the block, eventually though you'll get your **** together and people will start listening and responding with things that don't start with "You're an idiot". However that won't start happening until you take some time to listen too.

Yes I know that was rather off topic, but it's the message I gotta keep drilling into you until you get it.
Khazem
<King of the Hill>
Khazem's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 8:16pm | Report
in 3 pages, about 3 - 4 posts are about the actual topic

I agree though, I think the featured guides need more exposure somehow and should probably be reviewed, cause there's quite some questionable guides in there right now.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 8:20pm | Report
Yeah half of the guides featured are awful garbage. (Sorry if I offend any author of those guides here but thats my opinion).
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 8:20pm | Report
I took a gander at the top featured (it's an Irelia guide). Just on masteries* alone I was skeptical as to how it got there...I mean...Yeah IDK that isn't how I win with Irelia....But apparently it got 90% (on like ~70 votes or so)
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 8:21pm | Report
honestly when i look at guides on this site i look at the names of the people that wrote they guides rather than the % just sayin
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Mikuroo
<Member>
Mikuroo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 8:55pm | Report
People give too many scout points , I've only given like 2 ...
yolo, teemo to strong in low elo
MrCuddowls
<Member>
MrCuddowls's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 8:55pm | Report
Khazem not even that
Moba needs to get someone who knows what the **** they're doing and MAKE a guide then have then have that guide featured.

The guide might have 0 views thats not the objective of it. It would be made by request and would be featured BECAUSE its good not because of votes or views
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 8:58pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Khazem not even that
Moba needs to get someone who knows what the **** they're doing and MAKE a guide then have then have that guide featured.

The guide might have 0 views thats not the objective of it. It would be made by request and would be featured BECAUSE its good not because of votes or views

you know throatslasher is writing like 2 guides because i asked him and im pretty sure he knows what hes doing and he does write guides on request hes said so multiple times just ask him

also didnt you write a guide recently just to get it downvoted?
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Phil Collins
<Member>
Phil Collins's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 9:01pm | Report
MrCuddowls wrote:

Khazem not even that

That's not the point. Matt wants MOBAfire to be a community where everybody is equal and is not run by an elitist system where only pro players or high rating players can write guides, unlike Solomid.
KoreanSP
<Member>
KoreanSP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 3, 2012 9:07pm | Report
Rather imitating Solomid and their system, just keep it the same way. The only problem is the stale/expired guides that are in the featured system. Another problem that is less as major, but still visible is that there is too much emphasis on aesthetics over detail and information - some of the featured guides have bad/outdated/non-viable builds/masteries/guide in general but look fantastic or are written by notable forum members. If anything, it hints at a very small elitist system (very small, much better than most forums) as well as the idea of sacrificing quality for aesthetics.
#2 Comprehensive Solo Top Olaf Guide

#3 Alistar Guide Comprehensive Alistar Guide

Gladly will help out anyone as well. PM me to check out a guide, or anything! Plat player - Top Lane main.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide