Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Featured guide section overhaul.

Creator: Pølsemanden October 3, 2012 5:15pm
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 6:31am | Report
koksei wrote:

dunno
1. step was taken in getting pros on the site again.
2. step the razer thingy + more pros.

pretty sure matt will revamp the whole thingy soon:P

Well it had it's own "uncomplete" section where it had 2-3 guides, thus not getting too much exposure.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 8:00am | Report
To be completly honest with my opinion and I do not target anyone by this, it's just my opinion, featured guides more likely have earned their guides there, but to be honest, the more people you know well who can give you +scout will more likely to do it to friends of theirs, rather than a "stranger" which guides is obviously better.

Often the reason may be; It doesn't have BBcoding or it's not pleasant to eyes, but I can see plenty of guides there who have much worse usage of BBcoding.

As said, I'm sorry for saying that, but that's my opinion and I know it happens. I have experienced this in other forums.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 10:44am | Report
Joxuu wrote:

To be completly honest with my opinion and I do not target anyone by this, it's just my opinion, featured guides more likely have earned their guides there, but to be honest, the more people you know well who can give you +scout will more likely to do it to friends of theirs, rather than a "stranger" which guides is obviously better.

Often the reason may be; It doesn't have BBcoding or it's not pleasant to eyes, but I can see plenty of guides there who have much worse usage of BBcoding.

As said, I'm sorry for saying that, but that's my opinion and I know it happens. I have experienced this in other forums.

Don't be sorry for having an opinion, never be sorry for having an opinion.

That's what the current problem is. which is why you should simply trash the current featured guides and start from square -1 without the featured guide submenu as an option.

PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 12:06pm | Report
Quoted:

Mobafire needs some sort of task force, call them "featured guide task force" that quickly found 1 good guide of each champ, marked them "featured" and then we would have a proper segment of featured guides, available at the top of all searches.

This is what the vets used to do, which received a ton of awful cynicism from the community. The point of the Scout system is to divide the responsibility so that it takes several people to agree in order to feature a guide.

I didn't mind the old system of vet recs, but I believe it was considered "too undemocratic".
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 12:11pm | Report
I think the problem with the vet recs was more the fact that most of the vets had no idea what they were doing rather than it being undemocratic.
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 12:24pm | Report
This conversation sounds familiar...
Offer still stands. pay me 50$ a guide and i'll write you a guide for every champ. PLATINUM APPROVED HURR
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 12:27pm | Report

This conversation sounds familiar...
Offer still stands. pay me 50$ a guide and i'll write you a guide for every champ. PLATINUM APPROVED HURR

I would be absolutely okay with this. XD
Someone pay him.
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 12:36pm | Report
It's a fairly serious issue if the scout system doesn't allow guides to be "un-featured".

Or, well, that's the impression that I get from the talk about guides that just keep refreshing themselves.
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 12:39pm | Report
It doesn't, unless the scouts who gave the points go back and remove the points themselves.

Which is pretty silly.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 4, 2012 12:42pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

I think the problem with the vet recs was more the fact that most of the vets had no idea what they were doing rather than it being undemocratic.

Someone who gets it.. at last..

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide