Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Fizz

Creator: iBradlee March 2, 2012 2:28pm
11 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
iBradlee
<Member>
iBradlee's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 2:28pm | Report
I want some opinions on Fizz. I played him for probably around 15-20 games, whenever the last time he was on freeweek (semi recently), and I REALLY enjoyed him. I honestly didn't lose my mid/solo top lane once, apart from my very first game playing him, and even then I didn't really lose bad, I just had no idea wtf I was doing. I found him to be very strong early/mid game (and super fun), and he seemed to excel in 1v1's, and 1v2's (given I was fed, which I pretty much always was), as well as smaller team fights. The ONLY thing that I was confused with, was his late game team fighting and carrying potential. Maybe it was just because I was new to him, and didn't use any guides, but even when I did extremely well, it was quite hard for me to hyper-carry and win games by myself.

Now, maybe you'll say that it's quite difficult to carry a full team of derps in solo que (which it can be), but I do it consistently with other champs that I'm good with. Wukong, for example. Great laning phase, and also great team fight potential. I find it quite easy to carry games with him, by myself. Fizz, though... I couldn't seem to carry my team to victory probably 50% of the time. I always did very well, in terms of K/D, because early/mid game I could dominate quite easily. It just seemed that when late game rolled around, I started being less valuable to my team.

So, I would really like to buy Fizz, because I find him extremely fun to play. BUT, I don't know whether or not he's capable of carrying late game, because I didn't put in enough time to learn this for myself.

Give me your knowledge.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 2:46pm | Report
I don't think he is a character that would be capable of carrying a game. He's an assassin and very hard to kill, but he certainly can't deal the sustained damage of a normal AP carry
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 2:49pm | Report
Fizz snowballs games, but my impression is that he doesn't really carry games where he's not landing repetitive kills early.
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 4:42pm | Report
Fizz is okay, extremely strong early BUT he is very easy to shut down late becaues he has to go into melee range for his combo.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 4:45pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Fizz snowballs games, but my impression is that he doesn't really carry games where he's not landing repetitive kills early.

qft

Edit: His ultimate is a scary initiate though because it's a guaranteed knockup like Nautilus' unless it's Banshee'd.

Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 6:56pm | Report
his ult cant be QSS'd?
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 7:45pm | Report
Not anymore. That was a huge buff to Fizz IMO.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
MiamiHurricane
<Member>
MiamiHurricane's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 2, 2012 9:23pm | Report
I find that when I play Fizz I get tons of kills (especially early) but almost no farm. Late game it is just too easy to be burst down for you to really carry. While you can 2-shot carries when fed properly, there's the problem of getting in range to do so without being CC'd or taken out yourself. Late game dominance and viability really has to do with how fed you got early and good positioning making him hard to play properly late-game.
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 3, 2012 2:21am | Report
Fizz is set up for a VERY aggressive lane-face if u don't "win" your lane, u "loose" it. There is no stalemate just farm stuffz.

I think he's strong though and so ********ed fun to play i'm not very good at him.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 4, 2012 8:53pm | Report
I've still not lost a lane with him. But I haven't played many games. One free rotation with 5 straight wins and one game after I got him a couple of weeks ago. Against a long range mid he is not effective, but a good counter to some. And he is actually quite a good farmer with that w passive, and if necessary E but I don't like to waste it on waves if I can help it.

Wota is somewhat of a must on him, with him being melee and prone to taking as well as dealing.

And ofc that catalyst!
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide