Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Has anyone bothered to make an ARAM build yet?

Creator: MyBloodisBlack October 21, 2013 5:05pm
1 2
MyBloodisBlack
<Member>
MyBloodisBlack's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2013 5:05pm | Report
I love ARAM, its the best part of League of Legends because it puts your skills to the test, you don't have a clue who you will get and you have only 60 seconds to look it up and learn how this champion works to the best of your abilities.

I have noticed though that although alot of Build pages do Summoners Rift and Dominion...its very rare to see a build designed for ARAM so I was wondering does anyone actually bother making build and with the lack of Build what do most people use instead? (Personally I look for a Mid Lane build and work on that)
"The Wolf eyes the Prey, The Cow eats the hay, One of them is a killer, The other his buffet"
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2013 5:21pm | Report
All I have seen as far as ARAM/dominion guides people making ARAM guides built around tier list/ARAM accounts but even those are rare
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2013 5:25pm | Report
ARAM is for fun. You could probably build ANYTHING on any champion and still win. it's random and up to chance for the most part, so why would anyone make guides for it? There is a tier list somewhere for it which is.... helpful? I guess.
Joshified
<Member>
Joshified's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2013 5:42pm | Report
Aram is decided by the champions on either team.
It is really complete luck and doesn't really rely on individual skill at all XD

No need for guides when it is purely for fun :3

Mundo goes where he pleases.

And pleases, where he goes.

RaNuD
<Member>
RaNuD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2013 6:06pm | Report
The way you build in ARAM is defined by your opposing team's composition, and not really by your champion. With this in mind, I hardly see how one could post any build.
In a thread about his own ban,
gabpin wrote:
stfu I only did that : swearing and thats why i got ban are u ****** or something ?

In a thread about toxic players,
Go be a whiny baby elsewhere. Find and abuse the ignore button. No sense stinking up this forum with your crying.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2013 6:23pm | Report
Joshified wrote:

Aram is decided by the champions on either team.

not only that, it is decided on when to engage, how to use brush, when to back off or suicide.
i guarantee you, a nidalee usually can do nothing against a team with a Leona.

Joshified wrote:

It is really complete luck and doesn't really rely on individual skill at all XD

I disagree, especially when your teamcomp is not very well defined, witch is about 66% of the cases, imo.

You could probably build ANYTHING on any champion and still win. it's random and up to chance for the most part, so why would anyone make guides for it? There is a tier list somewhere for it which is.... helpful? I guess.

Not true. Kassadin has trouble if he builds Seraphs, people ignore the concept of tanky alistar and lose because of it (can barely even build ap decently), not to mention other wierd **** like rushing Liandrys on anything that has an AP scaling.

oh, and the stupidity of everyone bringing Barrier and Flash, making champions like Tryndamere, Dr. Mundo and Akali completely uncontrollable after 10 min.

Joshified wrote:

No need for guides when it is purely for fun :3

ARAM is for fun.

oh, **** you, then!

i have an aram guide, just didn't complete it.

Sig made by Hogopogo
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2013 10:22pm | Report
You read guides to prepare yourself for the games afterwards. Aram is random, people can, in no way, predict what champion they will get before the game even starts. This makes guidemaking for ARAM tricky and unreliable.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
Ninja Trigger
<Editor>
Ninja Trigger's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 21, 2013 10:28pm | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

You read guides to prepare yourself for the games afterwards. Aram is random, people can, in no way, predict what champion they will get before the game even starts. This makes guidemaking for ARAM tricky and unreliable.

Exactly the only kind of guides for ARAM are just general strategy, or tier lists that offer a little insight but no one has really taken the time to write a good general ARAM Guide
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2013 4:49am | Report
Not to mention that Riot's "balancing" system doesn't work that well.

One team got medicore champs for aram at best while the other team is full of champs who are great. That's like at least 1/3 of the time I play ARAM.

You either got a team for poke or a team for direct engage.

But normally the team with the better poke got the clear upper hand no matter what, because it's way harder to simply engage the enemy without getting into a disadvantage.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2013 5:25am | Report
There's no point. Literally.

Item builds are hardly as impactful, and since the game is essentially an extended lane phase + skirmish there are too many random factors as to how your teammates will react, what your teammates will get, etc.

Also, "prepared strats" are hardly impactful at all to the game itself.

Guides for one champ will pretty much be how-to-play-your-champ guides like "As Malphite, ult them when they're grouped." It's worse than an SR guide and it's pointless.

ARAM guides will be pointless until the day it becomes competitive, which I hardly see possible due to the reduction of difficulty and preparation needed to compete.

Same reason why you don't see competitive tic-tac-toe or rock paper scissors - it's way too simple. After all, SR is competitive because choosing one strategy over the other doesn't have a definite conclusion. There are a multitude of variables to consider.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide