Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Has anyone bothered to make an ARAM build yet?

Creator: MyBloodisBlack October 21, 2013 5:05pm
1 2
DKitten
<Member>
DKitten's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2013 5:26am | Report
Looking up a guide implies strategy. But there is no set strategy in ARAM. You are laning against the entire enemy team from level 1.

It pretty much comes down to:
Champions with traps: lay traps in bushes
Ranged champions: poke
Melee champions: initiate once enemy is low on health

If enemy has lots of magic damage, Orb of Winter, Banshee's Veil, Spirit Visage
If enemy has lots of physical damage, Frozen Heart, Randuin's Omen
If enemy is tanky, Last Whisper, Void Staff, Blade of the Ruined King, Liandry's Torment

Hell, one game, the enemy was entirely magic damage. Every member on our team built Hexdrinker or Orb of Winter and then their pokes were laughable. We just slaughtered them because they did no damage. We didn't have to build damage ourselves; we just flat out nullified theirs and were able to slaughter with base damage alone.
Build Guides:

Humor Guides:

Welcome to the wonderful world of supports. How can I help you today?
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 22, 2013 8:22am | Report
Yeah that's what I was gonna say, DKitten. Build for the opponent and add some sustain.

Other than that, I guess there is some merit to dividing roles, as in some dudes go beefy and other dudes go damage. I've done a tank Ashe to some degree of success, as I would poke and poke and poke and come ever closer so that I never missed with R. Fun.

Doing a champion guide is useless IMO, but a strategy guide is valid. I think there was a thread about it some time ago, some dude that loved ARAM posted a couple of times on roles and what to do and ****.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2013 4:57am | Report
Yep, even Dominion can have more theorycrafting than ARAM.

It's less how you build a champ and more how you play him.

@Embracing
There actually are (were?) small rock-paper-scissor tournaments held.
At least I saw a report on the tv some years ago.
And guess what? The ppl there would tell you the same stuff you hear from other competetive games like LoL: Ppl who uses tactic are definitely winning against ppl who "simply play".
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 23, 2013 4:51pm | Report
It was a bad comparison, honestly. The reason ARAM isn't competitive isn't because it's too simple (though it is pretty simplistic compared to other game modes), it's because the randomness makes it pretty much impossible to play with any sort of serious strategy or preparation. Team comps and mechanics basically decide the winner of an ARAM game.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2013 12:43am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Not to mention that Riot's "balancing" system doesn't work that well.

One team got medicore champs for aram at best while the other team is full of champs who are great. That's like at least 1/3 of the time I play ARAM.

You either got a team for poke or a team for direct engage.

But normally the team with the better poke got the clear upper hand no matter what, because it's way harder to simply engage the enemy without getting into a disadvantage.

Not entirely true. Unless the enemy team has very superior poke a good engage team can be much better. I got myself in a team with Morde, Malph, Panth, Udyr and Leona and we completely destroyed the opposing Annie, Swain, Master Yi, Mundo and Karma. The combination of our engage, CC and tankyness was just superior to their poke.
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2013 12:45am | Report
Uh... 2 things:

1. Darcurse said 'normally' poke teams will win out.

2. The enemy team didn't have any strong poke in particular.
jackbar125
<Member>
jackbar125's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2013 2:47am | Report
Also killing lanes with killing supports
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 24, 2013 3:37am | Report
Yup.
Champs like Talon, TF, a good Nid, Sona, Fiddle, Brand, Ezreal, Gragas, Jayce, etcetc.

Are good pokers.

If your enemy got some of them while you have to stick with bad pokers/ champs meant for direct engage and aren't dumb enough to be overrun, they'll most of the time have a clear upper hand.
Omnislash GG
<Member>
Omnislash GG's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2013 5:43am | Report
Well, I think because it's random who you're playing and who you're playing against, a guide is kind of pointless. You just follow basic guidelines (build AD over atk speed on ADC's, build straight AP if you have a poke, and build armor that counters your enemies attacks) and hope to win.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide