Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Has [[Xerath]] Been Forgotten?

Creator: AncientNecro June 3, 2012 7:29am
zyeboix
<Member>
zyeboix's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 7:12am | Report
Xerath needs to have a good team to be useful in games, according to me, else I think that he is completely unnecessary

Thanks Xiaowiriamu for the awesome sig!
Dainou
<Member>
Dainou's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 7:38am | Report
Slappiz wrote:

Not really, he can stand from a safe place behind the tank/bruisers in a team fights and still be able to reach and kill their carry with his spells. Sure, he ain't that strong without his ultimate, but giving him high kill potential without it, and with that range, would make him insanely OP..

Yeah, but I always get the feeling that Q isn't doing enough damage on its own and without ulti, it just feels like I can't kill something unless have low health to be shot by E + Q. Otherwise, use Q wait a bit and they are most likely dead when its off cd or your team mates/you is. Felt like all I could do with out ulti, was to poke or punish someone that overextended.

Just my 50 cent, he is still funny to play however and I did play him a lot before, sometime wrecking and sometime not so much.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 9:47am | Report
He's got many ways to be fun, sometimes you may even know where someone with low health went and just W+Q their little remaining health away, something many other casters can't do (or is an ulti, like Lux's or Ezreal's).

Xerath is good enough, he simply isn't as self sufficient early game as some other mages. The only reason I don't play him that much is that I'm cursed by enemy team getting a Nocturne jungler whenever I go with Xer
animorte
<Member>
animorte's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 9:57am | Report
Whenever he is free again, I will destroy a few people for you. Other than that, I never play him. Same with Annie and Teemo. I like them, but not enough to buy them. I just have a list of free week champions. :P
Personal habitual activites? Utilizing gargantuan idioms to fabricate intelligence.

"It's a colloquial shorthand that means the paradigm exists because of how the game works mechanically. Hence, "the Meta." Stop being a useless pedant." - PlayGooYa
RCIX
<Member>
RCIX's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 12:09pm | Report
Back when I was browsing champs for the first time looking for cool ones, I saw Xerath and went OMG so awesome, love how he looks and the style/lore, mechanics look fun too!

Then he came on freeweek and I tried him.

Use Q: *flat voice* yaaay i just tickled them with little zaps in a line, soooo fun
Use W: *flat voice* yaaaay now i cant move and i have blurry blue-white lines coming off of me
Use E: ok that kinda looks cool
use R: *flat voice* yaaay i just caused an explosion of white hair at my location, sooo fun i can do it 2 more times!!!!1!!11!!

In summary, underwhelming gfx+too much of a tradeoff in spell power for range = boring champ.
My guides:
Turbo Punz
<Member>
Turbo Punz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 5:09pm | Report
I'm pretty sure that Xerath is played a lot in Hight ELO play

Sexy General Odd-Bro is Sexy

+Rep me if you found anything helpful from me

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the beautiful signaures

EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 5:52pm | Report
Turbo Punz wrote:

he isnt because he is awful in teamfights

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
UnicornRage
<Member>
UnicornRage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 6:17pm | Report
Spend an hour poking the enemy team YEAHHHHHH!
CasterMaster
<Veteran>
CasterMaster's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 7:05pm | Report
Turbo Punz wrote:

You are correct. A lot of people play him in high ELOs. Because everyone underestimates him when he can kill you every time he sees you in lane. Only problem? High ELO players suck with him lmao. I always see a Xerath and that team will always lose regardless how bad or good the Xerath does. Salce failed with him too. Haven't seen BigFatlp and Chauster's Xerath, but I know Chauster's Xerath can be really good or just downright Darius.

My Elise Guide | My Kassadin Guide
Thanks to jhoijhoi, albableat, Arcana3, GMD and I for the awesome sigs! im a zombie
Vitigam
<Member>
Vitigam's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 4, 2012 7:28pm | Report
^ LMAO

That cracked me up, Caster.
Thanks to [/url]Arcana3

Check Out All These Peeps Who Make Sigs <3
LaCorpse, Jhoijhoi, Miss Maw, Arcana3
Xiron

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions: