Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Have you ever reported a person for....

Creator: EnterTheYeti January 26, 2012 7:29pm
1 2
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 6:45am | Report
I've never saw pinging the map as an issue really. I don't mind at all.
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 6:55am | Report

I strongly disagree. A good buddy of mine I used to play with all the time, many people on this forum probably know him, got banned randomly one day. He lost hundreds of dollars worth of RP, his time and his account. He didn't troll, didn't do anything stupid--may have raged a bit sometimes, but that's it. And that goes for tons of people.

-He did something to piss someone off, and I bet he raged a **** ton harder when he learned that lesson for occasionally raging.

People are way too report happy and report for everything, even the stupidest things. I think people should just stop being little *****es and whining when ever some one does something they don't like. Grow up. That's not how the world works.

There is a lot of over-reporting going on. Fact.

Some one DC's/leaves/afks from a game and gets reported by an entire team. Maybe their net crashed, maybe there was an emergency, maybe some one was hurt, or something important came up. Real life is more important than a game, but that's probably one of the number one things people report for. Some one curses at you in a game when you do bad or don't listen, maybe something is going on in their lives that causes them to be upset. Almost every game some one's talking ****, should we report some one every time they use an offensive word? Grow up. It's the real ****ing world.

**** everything you've said here. Plan your day better. If someones hurt and you have to leave, obviously that is more important than the game, and you'll just have to accept the consequences for leaving like a MAN. What? You think I give a **** that your mom just died? No, I don't know your mother, and I don't know if you are ********ting me or not because you want to quit to go wank one, but I do know that you just ****ed me and 3 other people. That's what I'm focusing on. It is not the "real ****ing world" it is a video game, and offensive language that breaks the summoners code is a perfectly fine report. -_-.

It's a mulitplayer online game, and if you can't deal with people having fun and acting stupid, then don't play games. Go study law or something. That may be more suited to your no fun, all serious, live by the rules lifestyle.

Yes, it is multiplayer, yes it is a game. I never report in normal games, so if you want to act stupid and have fun, stay out of my ranked. You forget that it is MULTIPLAYER. You might take it as a game, but the guy next to you might have a different opinion. Maybe he's taking it as a serious E-sport, trying to climb some ladders, get known, get paid. This dude having fun and acting stupid and not giving a damn is going to piss this guy off something terribad. As for the "live by the rules lifestyle" thing.... There are rules for a reason. Follow them. Or don't, and get reported. You're the only one that will lose with this kind of mindset sir.

I've seen a lot of moba people get drunk and get on, troll around with silly builds, curse baddies out, get in arguments. Do they all deserve to get banned? Would you say the same if it were your friends you play with getting banned? I'm sure some of them act like this at one point or another.

If the other team knows you, and knows its all in fun, then everything will be okay anyway. If they don't know, and your silly antics and troll build actually **** up their game, I'd report you too. Go to normal games for that ****.

It's a game.
People need to quit whining, and enjoy it. Quit reporting people because you're a punk and throw a fit when you don't like something.
The tribunal is ****ing broken.

It's a game. WITH RULES. That you agreed to follow when you signed up for the game, and again after every patch. Don't like em? Don't play. Call me a punk for reporting you, I call you an imbecile for not following rules you agreed to in the first place. An imbecile and a liar, as it were. The Tribunal really cannot be broken. It's a vote system based on the players... the players are broken is what you are saying here.

Also, this isn't necessarily directed towards you, but any report happy people who take the game far too serious.
Get over yourselves.

That's my opinion on the matter anyways.

I've never been "report happy" and usually if I play LoL all day, I might end up reporting 2-3 people after 15-20 games or so. They deserve it. They broke the summoners code, which only keeps the game clean and more enjoyable for everyone.

No offense meant, but your entire statement makes me never want to encounter you in a game.

UltimateHavok
<Member>
UltimateHavok's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 7:33am | Report
Quoted:
Your way of thinking permits being a total a**hole.
You misunderstood a lot: Trolls dont have fun "playing" the game, they have fun trolling.
-> They have fun ruining the fun of others.

Also you seem to cast aside the solo-queue this way, but since it's implemented in the game and MANY ppl using it, it has to be supported.

Everyone thinking that ppl shouldnt report another should be forced to team up with a troll, whenever it's possible for a rnd to be in their team.
WASTING 20-40mins of my time with a joyless farce thanks to ONE FU**ING A**HOLE isnt rly sth I want to do.
Riot should know that if they dont want to loose player base this way.

Get a grip.
The only regretable thing is, that the report-system is a mere joke.
Only the fact, that there are report "options" that are only meant for letting kids blow off some steam is laughable.

People have fun playing the game, however they play it.
If you don't want to deal with this, then don't Solo-Queue.
Part of playing with random people, and we all have to deal with it. What if they just suck and get mad at you for insulting them and an argument is started and you report for them feeding when honestly they were just bad? I'm sure that happens a lot too.

There's tons of unjustified reasons why people report. It's stupid.
Do what the rest of us do, custom games or pre-made 5s.

Quoted:
-He did something to piss someone off, and I bet he raged a **** ton harder when he learned that lesson for occasionally raging.

So does half of mobafire deserve to get banned? 'Cause I've seen them rage as hard or harder than him.

Quoted:
**** everything you've said here. Plan your day better. If someones hurt and you have to leave, obviously that is more important than the game, and you'll just have to accept the consequences for leaving like a MAN. What? You think I give a **** that your mom just died? No, I don't know your mother, and I don't know if you are ********ting me or not because you want to quit to go wank one, but I do know that you just ****ed me and 3 other people. That's what I'm focusing on. It is not the "real ****ing world" it is a video game, and offensive language that breaks the summoners code is a perfectly fine report. -_-.

You can't always plan for everything that happens in life, or when stuff comes up.
And people do accept the consequences for this stuff, even sometimes when it's not their fault.
Also, it was 2am and I was dead tired when I wrote this, and I wasn't referring to LoL as the real ****ing world, I was referring to 'in the real world' **** doesn't work like this.

Quoted:
Yes, it is multiplayer, yes it is a game. I never report in normal games, so if you want to act stupid and have fun, stay out of my ranked. You forget that it is MULTIPLAYER. You might take it as a game, but the guy next to you might have a different opinion. Maybe he's taking it as a serious E-sport, trying to climb some ladders, get known, get paid. This dude having fun and acting stupid and not giving a damn is going to piss this guy off something terribad. As for the "live by the rules lifestyle" thing.... There are rules for a reason. Follow them. Or don't, and get reported. You're the only one that will lose with this kind of mindset sir.

Uh. First of all, ranked I can understand, 'cause that's intentionally getting matched up for people playing seriously. I wasn't speaking of ranked. Still, I think people take it too serious and get too upset sometimes. And uh.. I don't do any of that stupid ****. I respect other people's time and games and only troll with friends, and even then I play to win. Even though I think reporting is stupid, I have absolutely no reason to get banned. So, I have nothing to lose in all this.

Quoted:
It's a game. WITH RULES. That you agreed to follow when you signed up for the game, and again after every patch. Don't like em? Don't play. Call me a punk for reporting you, I call you an imbecile for not following rules you agreed to in the first place. An imbecile and a liar, as it were. The Tribunal really cannot be broken. It's a vote system based on the players... the players are broken is what you are saying here.

I'm trying to reply to you, but you continue to take things out of context. I never said anything about ranked, which is intended for serious play. That would be different. It's the ones who report everyone in normal who annoys them, that annoy me. Also, I don't have a problem with the rules? Why do you keep saying this? I follow the rules, and have no reason to be reported nor banned. I still think reporting is ****ing stupid, even though I'm one of the players "getting trolled" almost every time I solo-queue when bored. But it's just part of the game. I go my way, rage a bit in MOBA chat and play another. lol

Quoted:

I've never been "report happy" and usually if I play LoL all day, I might end up reporting 2-3 people after 15-20 games or so. They deserve it. They broke the summoners code, which only keeps the game clean and more enjoyable for everyone.

No offense meant, but your entire statement makes me never want to encounter you in a game.

That's good. Unfortunately, most people are not like that and report everyone. You don't run the tribunal by yourself, so you alone don't make much of a difference. It's all the report happy people that make a lot of the difference.

And lol That's fine. But never once did I say I play like this, as you kept saying. No where did I say I troll people or act stupid in-game. I'm a respectable player and I troll my friends more than anything.
My name is Havok.
And yes, your mother loves me.

Check out my Katarina guide!
+rep me because I am awesome.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!
AncientNecro
<Member>
AncientNecro's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 8:18am | Report
@Havok: Eh, people who report in a normal game for anything are ****ing stupid if you ask me. If someone has offended you, ignore them and go on about your life, no need to report.

I'm sorry I figured you were talking about ranked. I was under the opinion that no one gives a **** about normal games anyway, so they really don't matter to me.

I wasn't saying you were a troll or anything like that, but I wasn't a fan of how you approached the subject. The general tone of your overall statement was just a negative one in my mind.

And yeah, I don't do much in the tribunal anyway. I always try to keep it up and get 3-5 judgements done each day, just so I can say I contributed to the community and scored a small, unrewarding bit of IP.

A good rule to live by concerning reporting / tribunal : Every time you report someone, go do three tribunal cases. You'll find that not only do you report a hell of a lot less, but you're handling triple the work load you are throwing at other players as well - in addition to cleaning up the game for yourself :D - just an idea. If everyone who made a report did this, the tribunal would always be empty and running much more smoothly. It's up to the players and a community to handle all that, imho.

I didn't mean to come off mad man. A buddy of mine just went over my head to my dealer and I was just in a pretty bad fight with him. I came home ready to rage at anything.

Srryz.

UltimateHavok
<Member>
UltimateHavok's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 10:35am | Report
Ah it's all good man. I was in a bit of a bad mood myself when I came onto this thread last night and hadn't had much sleep lately, which is why my tone seemed angry. Plus I was thinking of my buddy Jvstm I used to play with a lot and how he got banned, and I really don't feel he should have been. He did rage a bit hard sometimes but that's about it :P

That's a good idea of yours for the tribunal, I've thought about getting involved with that but I've been lazy. I've never reported anyone though, 'cause I honestly don't care enough to. lol

But yea, ranked I can see being more serious 'cause that's a place where people go to actually try and not just mess around with champs. But I see so many people reporting in normals and taking it so seriously, which is why I was referring to all that nonsense.
My name is Havok.
And yes, your mother loves me.

Check out my Katarina guide!
+rep me because I am awesome.

Thanks to jhoijhoi!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 10:37am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Your way of thinking permits being a total a**hole.
You misunderstood a lot: Trolls dont have fun "playing" the game, they have fun trolling.
-> They have fun ruining the fun of others.

Also you seem to cast aside the solo-queue this way, but since it's implemented in the game and MANY ppl using it, it has to be supported.

Everyone thinking that ppl shouldnt report another should be forced to team up with a troll, whenever it's possible for a rnd to be in their team.
WASTING 20-40mins of my time with a joyless farce thanks to ONE FU**ING A**HOLE isnt rly sth I want to do.
Riot should know that if they dont want to loose player base this way.

Get a grip.
The only regretable thing is, that the report-system is a mere joke.
Only the fact, that there are report "options" that are only meant for letting kids blow off some steam is laughable.

I guess you didn't bother to read anything I posted other than maybe the first 2 sentences. sure you're wasting their time, but is League of Legends not considered a waste of time? it's an online video game, in which solo queue is intended to be basically a fun mode. And like I said, if you're looking for something more competitive, run ranked games or 5 man premades. Even Normal draft mode is fairly more serious than blind pick. Take the initiative yourself
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 2:35pm | Report
Isnt you writing here not also a "waste of time" ?

I dont need to play competetive for that, since I'm playing LoL to have fun I SKIP real competetive gaming most of the time.
Ofc I'll not rly "use" the time I invest in LoL but I still do play in order to have fun, but ppl trollin my game totally ruin that.

When do you report trolls? In ranked, because they ruin your Elo? Because THATS not a "waste of time" so it does matter there? Dream on...

Quoted:

...in which solo queue is intended to be basically a fun mode...

Like I said my fun is ruined thx to some a**hole who skips on the rules.
(Not to mention that ppl who insult others etc should be banned independent of the environment)
EnterTheYeti
<Member>
EnterTheYeti's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 3:20pm | Report
@ Havoc:

I think the stupid people who rage, spam, troll and get reported will either move on or change their behavior. I know the tribunal works well enough because of all the 'Why was I banned' threads on the tribunal forum.

As far as your comparing games to real life ****. Tribunal's work well in real life too. Thats why in pre-stone age times your chance of death by violence was absurdly high (10-15%) and now that we have a governing deterrent that works well in western countries, your odds of death by violence are infinitesimally low (.001).

There's no reason such a simple fact doesn't work in video gaming. We who don't have time or motivation to only play ranked games can still enjoy MOST of our LOL games because you idiots enjoy playing the game well enough to shut yourselves the **** up when you would normally be raging, spamming or trolling. That only works when we report you. Your friend who spend hundreds of dollars deserved a suspension for raging, and he probably wont do it again, and if he does, he deserves the next suspension, too.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 3:54pm | Report
Can we just revert to the old methods?

I knows a few people and I'd like to bash their heads with a big FlintStone style club.
Snookemz
<Member>
Snookemz's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 27, 2012 4:55pm | Report
Interesting that those that don't support reporting think that those that are following the rules should have to accept their abuse etc while those that are disregarding the rules and doing what they want rather than what they have agreed to should have free reign because it's "part of the game"

What a load of garbage.

I'm pretty new to LOL and come from Starcraft 2 community and all i can say is that the LOL community is full of immature internet heroes that think they can do whatever they like with no repercussions.

They will eventually learn life doesn't work like that.

You can even see evidence of this in a comparison between Mobafire and official LOL forums.

Here the Moderation is stricter and the place has a bit of a community feel about it but with an acceptable amount of agro/disagreements and light hearted banter.

The LOL forums are a piece of **** because they are allowed to be and the internet heroes take full advantage of this.

I certainly don't agree on mass reporting or for very small things (Like gg noobs etc) or especially for a bad player.

Intentionally playing bad is different but some people have bad games or just aren't very good at all but i would never bad mouth them or report them but the arseholes that make their game a misery by abusing them and garnering support from other team members or even the opposition team putting even more pressure on them than what they are already feeling i wouldn't think twice about it.

There are rules in life and the sooner they wake up to themselves and realise that there are repercussions for their actions then the sooner this game will progress and they will be on their way to being adults...
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide