Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Hit a wall, need advice

Creator: Ixtellor March 31, 2016 12:37pm
1 2
Penita13
<Member>
Penita13's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2016 1:07am | Report
You should try not to force anything. Your first play wasn't nexessarily bad, but you weren't playing a snowbally champion, whilst diana is. In your second point you're wondering whether you should have ganked instead of going for the dragon. Again, don't force a gank if the likelyhood of it working out is quite low. If you're going to gank a soraka + urgot lane (just as an example), the chances of it working out are too low, unless they are towerdiving. Instead, when you see the enemy jungler top, you can take the dragon (like you did) or start counterjungling. That way you can deny your enemy jungler and surprise enemies.

As for your third point, it is difficult to talk about the situation without having watched the replay myself. However, this is what I meant in my earlier comment about game analysis. First off, if your other lanes are feeding, try to help out the one lane that isn't. Thay way you create an dvantage in one lane, rather than weiging out one disadvantage in another lane. Secondly, one can only ward as much as his items allow him to. Warding the map is a team effort, meaning you should point this out to the rest of your team and urge them to have at least a vision ward on the map. Thirdly, the best way to counter a sieging push is to try and defend and get one of your laners to split-push or control the wave in such a way that it is going to push towards the enemy team.

I do want to commend you on the fact that you're looking for the answer to loosing the gamne in your own plays, rather than blaming answers. It's a trait you should keep up, as it is very productive

Thanks to myself for the signature ^^
Check out my Xerath guide
Sir Wellington
<Member>
Sir Wellington's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 3, 2016 7:45am | Report
Like Penita said, just the fact that you understand you can control yourself and NOT your teammates means you're halfway on your way to climb the ladder. The next step for you isn't just to figure out which champion to play, it's to commit to really analyze your gameplay and learn from it. I would recommend watching replays too since you can see things the enemy team does and learn from that (jungle routes especially). My favorite is BaronReplays, but there are other programs out there.

If you don't want to use replays, that's fine too. Get a notebook or a .txt file and write down notes for every game you play.

For either approach, write down what you did wrong and what you did well, then review all your past games when you're about to play the next one. Make a focused effort to avoid doing one (just one) of the mistakes on that list until you play enough games that it doesn't happen anymore. Then move on to a different mistake. Rinse and repeat.

Check out my manly Xin Zhao guide for manly men!
Ixtellor
<Member>
Ixtellor's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 4, 2016 6:22am | Report
Vynertje wrote:
Go watch your own replay first and try to learn something from that before asking others, imo it's a lazy attitude for something that you can probably fix yourself.

1) I am looking for another opinion. Its usually better for someone not emotionally invested to give advice. I got myself this far but seem to be stuck so was looking for an outsiders perspective.

2) I am a professional with a home and family. Time is the only resource I lack.

3) I took myself from Bronze to Gold 1 this season. I fixed all the problems I have capacity to fix -- again, need higher level advice.
I used to care about KDA, now I care about CS and Objectives.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide