Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How Good Is Morde?

Creator: MrZeaver April 20, 2011 5:59pm
1 2 3
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2011 12:11pm | Report
Zeprido wrote:

@B-Wong There is no problem with rushing FoN for the MR against an Magic heavy team.
You should however never rush Warmogs on any champion, like I stated above, it's a situational item.

There's a problem when you're still going to die to pretty much anything because you have absolutely no HP. Get a Giant's Belt before hand and I'll be a little less angry. ffs Morde's skills are based on HP, you're not going to be regen-ing like 600 HP during the middle of a team fight and when you're taking 200+ damage from AP champs with an HP pool of around 1400 you're still going to be ****ed if you have resistances.

Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2011 12:13pm | Report
^But they won't be hurting me much if at all, I only rush it if I'm vs heavy AP, otherwise I keep it unbuilt until I need it Mid-Late game for the MR.
If they can't hurt you (buffer/shield) they cant kill you, even if you have 1 hp you still good to go. Morde cannot kill himself by casting a spell.
Lifesteal from ult+Regen & Resistances = That stuff just tickles..
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
Bernarnar
<Member>
Bernarnar's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2011 12:24pm | Report
I have to 100% agree with B-Wong on this. Morde with Just Warmog's or FoN will not be doing anything but meatshielding a bit and KSing to get a Ghost. I like an early Deathfire or Morello's on him, then getting a Rylai's and FoN third-ish. Just a Chain Vest and a Negatron Cloak can help you survive whilst you build Rylai's (with the Giant's belt helping greatly) and other general AP items.

As for how good Morde is - Shut him down. No early game leads to no late game. Leave him on his own with minions and he can rake in the Gold better than people getting kills. If he's building Tank, you'll just need to ignore him. The amount of times you see people focusing a Morde with Warmogs/FoN/Thornmail who has Creeping death spinning round him makes me facepalm (both at the morde and the people focusing him). If he's playing smart with AP, you want to separate him from his team or use CC on him. He can't stand in 5 people all day like Tank Morde usually can, but he can deal massive damage if you want to 1v1 or 2v1 him.
I Will Bring Great Suffering.

Check out my Morde Guide :3
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2011 12:25pm | Report
hey everyone lets not start a flame war here.

you play morde the way you want to, and i'll play the morde that i get the best results with. theres no need to argue over which build is "better"
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2011 3:46pm | Report
Sigh, people keep misunderstanding what I say.

Situational = when certain conditions are met.

If I'm vs Vlad top, and the majority of the enemy team is magic damage I have no problem "rushing" FoN. The Vlad's harass usually is negligible leaving me free reign to harass, last hit, and farm, by mid game If I'm not in the top 3 for CS something went wrong (whether it was a bad gank or me in my selfless nature trying to save someone end up dying in the process, taking one or 2 down of course). I only play and use what works, and this strategy (in terms of a situational item) has brought me success, otherwise I like to focus on actual items to benefit the team in terms of my role as a Tanky DPS, focusing more on the DPS part.

@Bernarnar Yes, a Chain Mail and a Negatron Cloak is my usual build, sometimes not taking one or the other depending on the enemy teams comp.

To prevent flaming/trolling - Subject change
Where does everyone else prefer to lane with Morde?

I personally don't mind where I go, I'll solo top as long as it's not 2 ranged champions, otherwise I'll spend all laning phase pushing just to keep my shield up.

Mid is easy, especially vs Ashe or the like, they usually underestimate Morde's harass capabilities, and it's easy to keep up in CS with him.

I'll go bot only with a ranged champion, or one with a stun. Urgot works too, his zoning capabilities are ridiculous.

Who do you hate laning against with Morde, or if its an enemy Morde, who do you place against him?

Ezreal + Twisted Fate vs solo top lane without a single gank from a jungler makes me sad.
^Zoned, stunned, harassed, killed, hugging the tower doesn't do anything. Lol.
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2011 3:56pm | Report
Taric+Morde is a very gay lane to go against.

Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2011 3:57pm | Report
^That combo is now officially better than Sion+Morde.
MrZeaver
<Member>
MrZeaver's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2011 5:39pm | Report
The reason i had tanky items is because i had support on my team and they couldnt do anything so i had to shield and i have won 4 games in a row with ap morde and went 11/0/14 easy no problem
I'm an idealist my ideas are aimed to help everyone

Rep me if you like my ideas
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2011 5:44pm | Report
To answer the original question (how good is Morde?):

Morde isn't good.

He's incredibly easy to counter: early game, put any halfway decent laner against him, he'll either die or spam his abilities to keep his shield up, thus pushing the lane. Have your jungler/roamer gank him and he's toast.

Late game, walk right past him. He has nothing that will make you focus him. The only time he EVER gets decent damage is with his ghost, so either get a QSS to cleanse his ult, or run the f*** away when he casts it - it's his ace in the hole, but it's easy to counter (just like every other part of morde).
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
xXSkylarkerXx
<Member>
xXSkylarkerXx's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 21, 2011 10:00pm | Report
I have to disagree Trojan,
i often play morde by stacking Gunblades and a Lich Bane, and im both tanky (because of runeset and vamp/lifesteal) and do a TON of damage (my Q does upwards of 1000 dmg sometimes single target). At one point in a game i went 28/6/18 because of my sheer ability to 4v1 them (i got a 4v1 quadra :D). Also getting a phys dps ghost does upwards of 300 dmg per hit. Hella fun.
Credit goes to palzm for the awesome sig :)
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide