Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How is this scout behaviour ?

Creator: Joxuu June 21, 2013 2:40am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 1:51pm | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

Its not agression, its stupidity :P
Aggression is basically hostile behaviour. Meaning that the guy writing it needs to have some kind of form of anger. Laggermeister is not an angry person.
Insults are statements that are considered offensive. I am not offended by someone I do not know that he thinks that I am doing it wrong.

Stupiditiy however, is a lack of intelligence and understanding. The guy has no idea who he is talking to, so he doesn't understand me, so it is stupidity :P
Very different things indeed.

It's hostile behaviour, brought on by stupidity. Doesn't change the fact that it's hostile behaviour, and was said with intention to insult and offend the other person.

Just because YOU SPECIFICALLY, would not be offended by that, doesn't mean it isn't an aggressive comment. That is a VERY aggressive comment. I don't even get how you can say it isn't.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 1:55pm | Report
Banana it's cool you're trying to defend him and be nice, (You're nice to everyone. :D) But i think it's time to let this one go. Lagger has been a constant annoyance to pretty much every other resident mobafire member (being; the people that have actually been around for awhile) because we don't feel like being an ***hat and intentionally seeking guides out to downvote is cool.

I'm not even going to sugar coat it anymore, I used to consider him a friend. I've asked him to stop it, personally multiple times, and my, and everyone elses request has gone unheeded. He simply likes being a **** to pretty much EVERY guide writer, including people that legitimately put a lot of work into their guide. I'm not safe, high elo writers are not safe, no one is safe from it. Simply because he's "not exactly breaking the rules", even though he actually is, as Vapora has proven.

Not to mention his arguements (as stated) are often wildly inaccurate and he never actually has any sources, and I know for a fact he doesn't actually play much at all (He plays ARAMs, every game). Is that the kind of person we want running around acting like an unjustified know it all and being the first wave of judgment to every guide that has ever existed?

I for one, am tired of it.
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 1:59pm | Report

They encourage it by having no consequences for his actions. He is a scout, something above a normal user, regardless of how accurate his opinion it could be handled in a more polite manner. Like I said, it isn't much to ask.

He is a scout because he has over 150 rep, not because he is a saint. It is an automatic process :P
This means scouts are just as individual as a guest, they are not expected to perform better. The only things that scouts have what guests do not, is the ability to edit stats and grant scoutpoints or -scoutpoints to guides.

It's hostile behaviour, brought on by stupidity. Doesn't change the fact that it's hostile behaviour, and was said with intention to insult and offend the other person.

Just because YOU SPECIFICALLY, would not be offended by that, doesn't mean it isn't an aggressive comment. That is a VERY aggressive comment. I don't even get how you can say it isn't.

I don't get offended by it because I got used to the fact that the internet has millions of opinions, so I started to care less about them each day :P

But yes, I think I can understand that some people might get offended by it.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: MrMad2000

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
TheAmazingComicBookGuy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 2:15pm | Report
Well, BananaMan! I do think that scouts should at least TRY to be nice and constructive. It is not even like being nice is impossible, but he just hates on everyone because he CAN! He misuses his responsibility and just trolls and hates on other people. I SWEAR GOD I will write a guide and it will suck just to piss him off (because I can)

You might not get offended by it, but that
1) doesn't mean it's not offending
2) that he should do it.
The internet has many opinions, but this is no opinion. This is being an *******.
Btw, I can just start doing this right now and you will protect me for it? Time to take a lookvat some top elo, top tier, super amazing guides and troll them!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 2:16pm | Report

Banana it's cool you're trying to defend him and be nice, (You're nice to everyone. :D) But i think it's time to let this one go. Lagger has been a constant annoyance to pretty much every other resident mobafire member (being; the people that have actually been around for awhile) because we don't feel like being an ***hat and intentionally seeking guides out to downvote is cool.

I'm not even going to sugar coat it anymore, I used to consider him a friend. I've asked him to stop it, personally multiple times, and my, and everyone elses request has gone unheeded. He simply likes being a **** to pretty much EVERY guide writer, including people that legitimately put a lot of work into their guide. I'm not safe, high elo writers are not safe, no one is safe from it. Simply because he's "not exactly breaking the rules", even though he actually is, as Vapora has proven.

Not to mention his arguements (as stated) are often wildly inaccurate and he never actually has any sources, and I know for a fact he doesn't actually play much at all (He plays ARAMs, every game). Is that the kind of person we want running around acting like an unjustified know it all and being the first wave of judgment to every guide that has ever existed?

I for one, am tired of it.

I guess there are more point of views concerning the actions of Laggermeister. My point of view, however, will remain the same.

Well, BananaMan! I do think that scouts should at least TRY to be nice and constructive.

Like I said, scouts are just as individual as a guest. That means they are not legit representatives of the site.

Quoted:
It is not even like being nice is impossible, but he just hates on everyone because he CAN!

He doesn't hate people, he does it because he either enjoys it, or because he believes it is the right thing to do.

Quoted:
He misuses his responsibility and just trolls and hates on other people.

Like said before, he has no responsibility and he doesn't hate. Trolling maybe, but that depends where you hold the line.

Quoted:
I SWEAR GOD I will write a guide and it will suck just to piss him off (because I can)

So you will make a bad guide to show how stupid Laggermeister is? That will only make you look bad, and Laggermeister look good :P

Quoted:
You might not get offended by it, but that
1) doesn't mean it's not offending
2) that he should do it.

We could discuss for ages what is considered offensive and what is not, but that wont get us anywhere. And like I said, if Laggermeister thinks he is doing the right thing, then he should do it. If it is getting out of hand, he will surely be banned. But then we have the discussion when it goes out of hand. That again we could discuss for ages.

Quoted:
The internet has many opinions, but this is no opinion. This is being an *******.

That is just your opinion

Quoted:
Btw, I can just start doing this right now and you will protect me for it? Time to take a lookvat some top elo, top tier, super amazing guides and troll them!

I will protect those who I believe are misunderstood. If you troll people because you hate them, I will not protect you, because that is just incredibly stupid.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo

Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 2:19pm | Report
Banana is the ultimate white knight. :3
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 2:20pm | Report
Meiyjhe wrote:

He is a scout because he has over 150 rep, not because he is a saint. It is an automatic process :P
This means scouts are just as individual as a guest, they are not expected to perform better. The only things that scouts have what guests do not, is the ability to edit stats and grant scoutpoints or -scoutpoints to guides.

So he should be held accountable for his actions like any other user. I never said he was a saint, nor did I argue the scout title's meaning. Your argument here is very weak and comes down to "I'm not offended so none of you should be either." This is a problem in itself, but I'm going to let the conversation rest.

I'd prefer you not put words in my mouth, or talk down to me as though I am misunderstanding the situation. My main problem is that being a scout his comments have more weight than a lesser reputation user like myself. People who aren't very active on the site see his comments and then build up a negative attitude toward Mobafire. We don't need anymore of that, do we?
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 2:29pm | Report
Banana is the ultimate white knight. :3

Now you are just flattering me <3

So he should be held accountable for his actions like any other user.

He is, and he got over 150 rep from that

Quoted:
Your argument here is very weak and comes down to "I'm not offended so none of you should be either."

I never said that you shouldn't be offended by him, I try to show a different point of view on the subject.

Quoted:
I'd prefer you not put words in my mouth, or talk down to me as though I am misunderstanding the situation.

I am not talking you down, I never had put words in your mouth and I never said you are misunderstanding the situation. Again, I am showing a different point of view

Quoted:
My main problem is that being a scout his comments have more weight than a lesser reputation user like myself.

For people that are for longer on Mobafire, yes it does. For people new to mobafire that just made a guide without knowing what they are doing, no, they dont care if it is a guest or an admin who is downvoting his guide.

Quoted:
People who aren't very active on the site see his comments and then build up a negative attitude toward Mobafire.

1 comment does not characterise Mobafire. If they think it does, then they are idiots.
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 2:34pm | Report
Hold your horses, everyone. We are not encouraging anyone to go around and downvote the guides of others, however what he is doing is not against the rules. I understand that some of you may disagree with these rules, but if we were to change them, where would we draw the line? Is it only once a user tells everyone that he's downvoting for no reason whatsoever that he's breaking rules? And if that's the case, wouldn't that user simply say something simple like "-1 I don't like your item choices" to avoid this? What about short comments that give no insight about someone's thought process at all, like "." or "lol"? Breaking rules or simply someone who isn't willing to write an essay on what's wrong with a guide?

It is this exact problem that made the current rules the way they are, just wanted to clarify that.

Also, some of the comments shown by Vapora are still breaking rules and I believe they should've been deleted. We'll look into this.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 21, 2013 2:37pm | Report
Wayne, how about this, put a limit on how many times someone can up/downvote guides in a day? The average user only up/downvotes a guide once they read/use it. People like Lagger actively seek guides to downvote. It doesn't fix the problem at all, but it slows down his mischief.

Probably a silly idea, but i thought I'd suggest it.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide