Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

How to successfully play bot support?

Creator: zwoozh November 2, 2012 10:29am
1 2
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2012 9:33am | Report
Morr33d wrote:

Yelling YOLO in allchat instead of pinging works for me as well.

You just made me lol irl.

*you had to be there for that to be funny*
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
TheRedPenguin
<Inhouse Regular>
TheRedPenguin's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 3, 2012 5:24pm | Report
Support usually does more job than the ad carry inlane.So usually you could do something like ward or maybe adapt to the ad carry and poke with him or shield/heal w/e.

Ad Carrys job is to cs and not die in a dumb fashion or get freely poked.
Hyogetaki Hisame
<Member>
Hyogetaki Hisame's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 4, 2012 4:06am | Report
If the same thing happens most of the time, then, you might be the on doing something wrong.

I'd recommend you to go trough your games replays and watch every single one of your engages that ended bad, was your carry always in a good position to follow you? Did he have enough mana and health to do that? Did you have vision of the surroundings so as not to be counter ganked? Did you have a huge wave of creeps to help you? If only one of this statements is false, then, the engage in itself was unnecessary.

Usually, as a support, your role is to zone the opponent by poking/threatening them and allow your ad carry to out farm the opponent ad carry. If he is out farming them, then there is absolutely no reason to engage unless they give you a perfect occasion where there is no risk of death for either of you ( The perfect occasion including that you have both the way and resources to engage, burst them down with none of you dying, and get away alive without having to go base in case you don't succeed). Such occasions happen when the opponent support is MIA or too far from his carry to react in time, while you have knowledge of the opponent jungler position ( happens when the support have backed to base or went to ward the drake while the lane is pushed)
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide