Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

How you deal with your unfamiliar lanes?

Creator: TxTVira June 11, 2012 8:06am
1 2
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 8:06am | Report
Well,the case is sometimes I get left with jungling or bot.
Both which I suck a lot at.
Leaving the queue comes into mind but this frequently happens
So I gave it a try.
Went bot as vayne,got ownd by malphate,f*cks given by teammates and gg.

Seriously what do you guys do when your best lanes/posts are taken?
Leave or go in and wreck the game(for your teammates)?
Or am one who cant play bot well?(With the exception using kog during free week
Luckyisdaname
<Member>
Luckyisdaname's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 8:12am | Report
The only lane that I have a problem with is mid and...that's it. I never run through that problem, though, because everyone wants to get mid lane. I can't handle the pressure from mid because the philosophy of mid lane is "he who controls mid controls t3h game".
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 8:20am | Report
Just practice!

You get better at said role, then you won't wreck the game for yourself. :)

Dypheus
<Member>
Dypheus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 8:36am | Report
I good LoL player should be all-rounded in all roles, offcourse there are roles you are better at and enjoy more. But you should move slowly on getting comfortable on other lanes, a real nice trick is to use certain champs that can play in multiple lanes like for example: I am mostly a support or mid laner, I suck at solo top but I know I should also know atleast the basics there for in case **** happens. So I bought Kennen knowing that he can play either mid or top so I would fell comfy with him when learning to solo top.

I rarely leave a game, I think you could leave normal games if you want to play a specific role but when you doing ranked you shouldn't have the mindset of: Im going mid or **** happens - mentallity, because that makes you lose game.
If League of Legends is gay, then I am super****.
~Feel free to add me on LoL (EUW) Omerta, or on Skype: Joniakagod
Wintermond
<Member>
Wintermond's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 9:05am | Report
You learn them.

El Psy Congroo.

|You can't spell slaughter without laughter.|

Uproot
<Member>
Uproot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 10:05am | Report
Practice with friends who know how to play that role. Especially if you're trying to learn bot, try finding a friend to lane with to help you learn. Play normals and sometimes people don't even have jungle so you could duo top with a friend as well.

Message me for custom signatures! I make my own ^^

twitch.tv/uproot
facebook.com/UprootLoL
twitter.com/uprootlol
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 10:22am | Report
As others have said, you should be able to play every lane even if you specialize in one. So take those times as an opportunity to practice and improve your skills. Heck if I'm bad at something sometimes I'll try to play that role every game till I get decent with it. Learn 1 or 2 champs you can play well in that role.

If you're playing ranked or something just type out what lanes you excel at once you get into champ select so that people can try to pick around you.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 11:10am | Report

The only lane that I have a problem with is mid and...that's it. I never run through that problem, though, because everyone wants to get mid lane. I can't handle the pressure from mid because the philosophy of mid lane is "he who controls mid controls t3h game".

That philosophy is inaccurate. Mid lane itself is by far the most important because it is the shortest lane, as well it aids in control of blue and red buff. But the most important champion is your ad carry. Bot lane more often than not decides the game, primarily due to the fact that ad carries scale infinitely better late game, as well they are the "highest" potential dps late game. which means if they get fed and survive in fights, they will carry the game.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 2:20pm | Report
^ cant support, jungle, can only play trist ad

working well for me so far :P

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 11, 2012 3:19pm | Report
I spent so many games trying different and fun champions that I have no longer lanes I am unfamiliar with. This also helps me when playing my mains since I am better at anticipating what I face and what lots of champs can do.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide