Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Hybrid Tyrn?!?

Creator: TxTVira September 17, 2012 6:32am
14 posts - page 2 of 2
1 2
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 1:15am | Report
so funny when is works :).

but, i like just pure AP trynda~
Yagamoth
<Member>
Yagamoth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 1:35am | Report
I can see hybrid Tryndamere working, even in a bit higher Elo. Not as much pure AP as the build in the screenshot, but something like Guinsoos + Gunblade and maybe Phantom Dancer + Last Whisper.

Reason for that is simple: Lane presence.
- Lifesteal + Spellvamp for extremely increased sustain (Spell Vamp applies on all abilities, that do not use Lifesteal, even physical abilities such as Tryns E)
- AP for even more sustain (1.5 AP ratio on his Q for heal) and damage (1.0 AP ratio on his E)
- Tryn can level W or E first, because his healing power comes from his AP (Ever tried leveling W first against an AD based enemy? The AD reduction is insane ^^...)

Now... Some may think this is only theory. But I've seen both Zekent and HotshotGG at some point using this for toplane. It doesn't matter if they did that for trolling, the result was clear: This Tryndamere is almost impossible to remove from lane, a farming and pushing monster. The problem he has is simple - if the other lanes don't create any pressure in their own lanes, the enemy jungler can simply focus on ganking the consistently overextended Tryndamere.

Outside of the lane, this Tryndamere build does not work too well. While it's not useless, his teamfighting is extremely weak. Works best with splitpushing potential and a team, that can hold and pressure 4v5.

And there we have the problem. Outside of an organized environment, random people usually do not understand the power of a strong splitpushing member, that can get away with overextending a fair bit. And inside an organized environment, people will form a plan and adapt to this strategy.

As a conclusion: It could be strong, even in higher ranked games. But the odds are against it :)
"I'd love to write a guide about 'getting out of elo hell', but I can't find a way to get in there.."
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 2:12am | Report
Maybe but it's ballsy.
If I were to go hybrid though Guinsoo would be out of the question.
I'd probably go for
Trinity + Gunblade + GA

or something
Yagamoth
<Member>
Yagamoth's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2012 4:12am | Report
As far as I know, Guinsoos Rageblade is the most cost efficient item if fully stacked in the game. Ever tried getting it on Kayle? The power-spike you acquire in the midgame is absurd :)

So... Especially Guinsoos would be a good choice imo on a hybrid Tryndamere, as he uses all the stats really well ^^
"I'd love to write a guide about 'getting out of elo hell', but I can't find a way to get in there.."
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide