Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

I <3 Mobafire!

Creator: 1337azn January 11, 2011 10:23am
15 posts - page 1 of 2
1 2
1337azn
<Member>
1337azn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 10:23am | Report
So, yesterday I randomly started a match in solo queue. I was a bit surprised at how fast Katarina was selected on my team since at least in my games, most people don't select Katarina, at least right away, so I end up picking her as my champion usually but not yesterday.

The guy who was playing as Kat started building Kat the exact same way I would build her. I had my suspicions that he was using my build, but then again most builds for Kat are pretty similar. It became pretty apparent that the build order was exactly the same, so toward the end of the game (we were winning), I asked him, "where did you get the build from?" Sure enough, he said mobafire. Then I asked for the title of the build he used, and sure enough it was the one I wrote. Man, that made me feel good :)

To get to the point, I'd like to express my appreciation for the mobafire site, and it's role in allowing authors to publish builds so that anyone can learn to play a champion better simply by setting aside 5 or so minutes before a match to read the build/guide. I personally, out of luck, witnessed the effect of mobafire yesterday.

It also adds to one's online presence. For instance, 2 days ago, I played a game with HeAt and even though nobody on my team knew who he was, the enemy team immediately started typing phrases such as "you're the real HeAt???", "**** he's the real HeAt from moba", and "honoured to play with you man..."
So, it's pretty apparent that mobafire is making an impact on the LoL community and being noticed.
Keep up the good work guys!

If you had similar in-game experiences, please share them!
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 10:27am | Report
Thats awesome mate!
Glad you got your much deserved LoL rep :D

Personally I've been recognized for my Evelynn and Janna builds. Also in general from other frequent mobafire guests/members. It's loads of fun, and it indeed helps on the urge to make more guides :)
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 10:48am | Report
I've gotten more recognition from my YouTube Channels than from here.

But I'm trying to turn that around. haha
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 12:13pm | Report
I joined a ranked game once as Twitch. We then got past the loading screen and the first thing I saw was "That's Xaioli from Mobafire! I quit guys." It was a 4v5, and my team easily won. Him and I chatted throughout the game, and his team was mad.

Mobafire gave me some rep in LoL, helped me make new friends, and gave me 20 free rating :D

I ruv you!

ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 12:25pm | Report
I need to get a decent build up I fear :L
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 2:38pm | Report
I haven't been recognized yet, but not many people play jungle Amumu anyway... :P

oh also i don't play many games blah
1337azn
<Member>
1337azn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 3:13pm | Report
You'll be recognized eventually. After all, you have more builds up than me and more views.
If you want to play sometime, add me. I'm not pro, but it would be fun to play with mobafire build authors, who actually use their build in-game. This invitation goes out to everyone!
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 4:29pm | Report
1337, easier if you just add me tbh (I have a tendency to forget :3). I don't know if you're EU or US, so:

EU: Scrax
US: Scraxy

If it's US, you gotta wait a bit for me to use Eve, cause I can't afford her XD
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 4:59pm | Report
Happened a few times, though sometimes I ask them if they use a build and they say "No, I'm not noob"

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2011 6:08pm | Report
I've seen my Warwick and Ashe builds used a fair amount of times. It's an awesome feeling. Too bad my IGN isn't PFP, I always have to tell them they're using my build lol.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide