Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I am c4 lasty's brother. AMA

Creator: throatslasher April 17, 2013 5:05pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 6:36pm | Report
"I strongly disagree. While he doesn't clear 6 minions instantly, he still clears incredibly fast and is very mana-efficient in doing so. He does well in 1v2 lanes after a few levels actually. Are we talking about the same champion here? Sure I know he isn't top tier right now and that he could use some buffs. But he can seriously cause major trouble for a lot of mid-laners these days."

What the hell are you talking about. He's a mediocre pusher by todays standards. mana efficient or not, who cares. When i was referring to 1v2, I mean like, during an ambush or a gank. Lux can peel for herself, ryze can peel for himself, malzahar flashes. His ult is stupidly easy to interrupt, and he's just a piss-poor teamfighter overall. No mobility, no roaming potential, no bursting potential, terrible ultimate, poor range = poor champion. If you want to make a case for malzahar, that's awesome. Go play him exclusively in solo queue and smash. If you think you've found secret OP, more power to you. You won't bring me around to your side of thinking without some SERIOUS evidence, though. There are people that will swear up and down that orianna support is awesome. I would respectfully disagree, but their conviction is still strong on the topic.

"Hmm, well I guess a follow up question would be what would you say is the most viable bruiser or tank character at mid?"

Diana, Gragas, lee sin. Outside of that, I don't know what to tell ya. I feel confident in some situations, in some matchups, nasus will be able to farm WAY better in mid than in top, assuming top is an impossible matchup and mid is a super easy matchup. But you will never touch your lane opponent.

"I've noticed that no matter how much I bully an akali in lane, she finds ways to get fed off of her ***, whether I follow her when she leaves the lane, or not, how can I counteract this? it seems my allies never actually back off when I say akali is coming, and whenever I follow her she's there so much faster than I can, I don't want to ward bot AND top for them just so they don't feed akali."

Akali falls into the "level 6 roam destroyer of worlds" catagory of snowbally mids. Akali's gets a stupid power spike at level 6 along with the likes of khazix, katarina, diana, zed, etc.

The way to shut them down is to always be aware of where she is. If she can't pick up double kills at bottom, she's not getting crucial moneys and xp that she needs to carry. If akali doesn't get much going in the first 15 minutes of the game, you've won. Best way to keep her from roaming is have excellent ward coverage around mid and bottom and pick someone ranged that can harass AND push well. You have two choices when picking to counter akali:
1. Pick someone that will deny her farm in lane or kill her. (zed, kayle, ryze, diana, swain)
2. Pick someone in lane that will deny her roaming with hard push (anivia, zed, mordekaiser, morgana)

I think that the hp pot nerf will make akali completely obsolete. Q nerf, ult nerf, and now her starting items will suck. Akali is done, just give it some time
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 6:40pm | Report
Whats it like to have such a famous brother?
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 6:46pm | Report
what are your views of talon mid? i know hes outclassed by kha and zed for ad assassins right now but do you still think hes a good pick in general for mid lane?
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 6:56pm | Report
"what would you advice a guy who is totally incompetent at mid-laning to do against competent players as to not feed them.

Currently i just play tf and try not to suicide port too much."
You need to pick a LOW skillcap mid champion that is still extremely dominant and has few counters. Katarina, ryze, swain, and kayle come to mind. Higher skillcap champions with few counters would be things like lux and anivia.

High skillcap champions with lots of counters are your karthus, tf, casseopia, etc

"If Ryze is not available, who would you say is the most reliable mid(s) for any situation thereafter?"
Xerath and Lux

How often do you fail/lose your lane?
Mid? 20% of the time. Failing jungle? 10% of the time

What are the only acceptable excuses/reasons for failing a lane?
Technically, none, in today's 'ward happy' meta. You are expected to have complete vision at all times, but hey, we all know that doesn't happen. I've been ganked in excess of 10 times by the 10 minute mark. The only time I lose my lane and it's not my fault would be in that situation. How many ganks before they eventually take your flash and then your life? I also fail my lane sometimes because I derp. It happens.

What are the necessary factors to win a lane?
Like, at what point do I call a lane 'won'? When they can no longer trade with me whatsoever and they couldn't even kill me with a jungle gank. At that point I'm a winner. Or, I take their tower, secure a dragon or two, kill some bot lane, and still have like 30-50 more cs than they do.

Do you need to commit in order to climb divisions? I have university duties so I can't sacrifice anything for the game.
Depends. You can easily climb by 'gaming the system' with duo queue. If you can't commit that much to league, just commit to individual champions. If you can only play like 4 games, try to make it 4 games in the same lane, or better yet, 4 of the same champion. I've played like 5000+ games of league so, who the **** knows.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 6:57pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

what are your views of talon mid? i know hes outclassed by kha and zed for ad assassins right now but do you still think hes a good pick in general for mid lane?

In bronze and silver, he's dominant.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 7:02pm | Report
another question since i havnt heard anything about you about this

so as the only other real karma player i know other than moon what do you think of the new karma rework? personally i hate it because the shield is underwhelming and you have to be in a very close range to use your W, and it feels like the only use for mantra is on Q because of how dangerous W is to use and that E is pretty much a locket you see in every game and a shuruyalasasas(i dunno how to spell it but the move fast thing)
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 7:08pm | Report
"so as the only other real karma player i know other than moon what do you think of the new karma rework? personally i hate it because the shield is underwhelming and you have to be in a very close range to use your W, and it feels like the only use for mantra is on Q because of how dangerous W is to use and that E is pretty much a locket you see in every game and a shuruyalasasas(i dunno how to spell it but the move fast thing)"

In her current state, karma blows. She's getting a big tweak in the near future. Her damage is going up, her shield is getting better, and her cooldowns are going down. I'll revisit at that point, but in her current state, she's terrible.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 7:25pm | Report
I've never been able to play ryze, he's just one of those champs i can't get the hold of.

For swain to be effective you have to be in front - i don't really want to be obliged to obtain lane dominance when i'm lastpicking mid against a guy who i assume is a good mid'er.

Played jungle kayle when she was op, she just doesn't seem nearly as strong as she was - i dun like.

Used to play kata before her rework, but she just didn't seem as appealing to me post rework - might pick her up again - but why is she easy to play? she always seemed to be kind of hard to lane with cuz melee and stuff, she's also kinda heavily countered by ryze who's in like every other game right now <.<

Might pick up anivia again - she used to be my main in the mid-lane, but with all teh ganks going to mid she just doesn't seem as appealing :'(

was more hoping for some general "don't die" tips from a guy who's a mid main, than a play this champ.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 8:07pm | Report
haha. Not much to say with tf, you already say you play overly safe, which I would recommend. I assume you have the right build/runes/masteries as well, so there' not much else to say. I think TF is ok in some levels of solo queue, but outclassed by assassin-y bruiser-y mages. Tf just ganks and pushes. Sure, he has the best roam in the entire game, but hey. what am I saying? TF is broken XD
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
throatslasher
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 17, 2013 8:37pm | Report
Mods, lock this, I'll turn my elo climb into the ama
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide