Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

I just made Silver, whats expected of me?

Creator: BusDriver210 June 8, 2012 12:20pm
1 2
BusDriver210
<Member>
BusDriver210's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2012 12:20pm | Report
I have just reached 1424 Elo. As of now, I am 20/10 and I'm pretty proud of myself. I have noticed a really serious change in skill at this elo and was hoping the community could explain to me whats expected the higher I go.

I ward decently, CS well, position correctly (or so i hope), but what else is there to consider while I try to climb the ladder?
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Totallynotn00b
<Guide Critic>
Totallynotn00b's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2012 12:31pm | Report
That no matter how high an elo you go, you will always meet ragers and trolls.

Trust me. For a period at 1650 I thought i had finally made it. Out of elo hell.No more ragers.

Pfft. Fat chance.
BusDriver210
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2012 1:32pm | Report
I play the 'jack of all trades' card most games and do fine at my elo. The games are rather simple when your team doesn't have to fight over lanes. I adapt to what my team needs and keep their spirits high. Most people around my elo want top, mid, or jungle. Its funny when the enemy team falls apart at champ select. I found it easy to win with just team comp around 1200 elo.

What I need are some common practices I might not have experienced yet. I need to grow stronger than my current abilities.
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2012 2:17pm | Report
Alright, I'll say it again since these threads often pop up. Just play the game and have fun without ruining it for others around you. I hear so many people wanting to get to higher elo thinking it's so much better but it's really not so just have fun.

If you are really serious about getting your elo up, learn how to play every lane properly from soloing top, mid, supporting bot, AD'ing bot or jungling. Take your knowledge of laning/jungling and apply it to beat your enemies. After every game, reflect on what you did wrong. If you aren't able to own up to your own mistakes, you'll NEVER GAIN ELO and you'll never improve as a player. I really can't stress how important that last sentence is. Worry about yourself and work on improving yourself and you'll see your elo rising as you become a better player. Yes, I'm aware we have the occasional "troll" or "dcer", higher elo players get the same thing so we all have to put up with small misfortunes like that ;)

EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 8, 2012 8:04pm | Report
improve

Thanks to Xiaowiriamu for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
TheWeekndOVOXO
<Member>
TheWeekndOVOXO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 9, 2012 10:54pm | Report
I don't wanna be mean, but 20/10 isn't a big accomplishment. As EvilDice said, improve.
(Discontinued)
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2012 12:44am | Report
You are expected to feed and lose and not know why, but still be upset about it and perfectly capable of blameshifting in the 1400's.

Now, soon you'll make it into the "Warwick" elo as my good friend Vincent calls it. That's 1500-1600. In my experience, he'll be picked or banned in most games, and played top or jungle. In this Elo, people play incredibly easy champions, because they are just beginning to learn basic motor function. They're liked babies taking their first steps. They need something that they can't mess up. This is enough to separate them from silver players.

1700 is the "One concept Elo." It's also the, "********, I am not even half as good as I think I am." Elo.

1800 is the, "OH MY GOD I'M NEVER GOING TO BE PLAT." Elo. It's never their fault that they won't be plat... always one of their 4 team mates.

1900 is the, "OH MY GOD YOU NOOBS ARE GOING TO MAKE ME LOSE MY PLAT!" Elo. Again, never their own fault.

2k... Everyone here actually knows what they are doing on a basic level.

2.2k Try hards and pretty decent but also a fair number of higher elo trolls who fell.

2.4k+ LOL WTF IS GOING ON YOU GUYS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD Elo.

Good luck, you have a long journey ahead of you.
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2012 5:47am | Report
my spin on it:

1200-1400 - really bad players. ive been on a smurf and the things people say at this elo are just straight up wrong. if you are able to realize when you are wrong and not be an idiot like 90% of this elo you will move out.

1500-1700 - garbage elo. a lot of really bad players, same skill levels as some 1200 players, with horrible attitudes and a lot of trolling. i by far hate this elo bracket the most

1800-1900 - the tryhard elo. everyone wants 2k. a lot of ragers, still a lot of annoying players. usually games are fine when you are lastpick and get matched with 2k, really bad when you get matched up with 1700s. easy to go on big losing streaks in this elo

2k - it starts to get really hard to straight up carry games in this elo as the skill level starts to plateau. picks start to become a lot more important, and it's going to be much more of a grind for elo than a huge win streak. consistency is important.

2.2k+ - mostly players who deserve to be there. a lot of pros dont make it any farther than this elo. a lot of people don't really care anymore, and will just play whatever floats their boat. still a lot of tryhards tho.

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
BusDriver210
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2012 11:00am | Report
Thanks for the elo bracket infos! Good to see where I am and whats ahead. Onward ranked, ONWARD!

I don't wanna be mean, but 20/10 isn't a big accomplishment. As EvilDice said, improve.

I know that, when did I say it was? I'm just looking for some information about the brackets above me. Something one would do when trying to improve?
+Rep me if i'm useful!
Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 10, 2012 11:44am | Report

I know that, when did I say it was? I'm just looking for some information about the brackets above me. Something one would do when trying to improve?

Quite sound advice given above so I'll just address this query directly.

• Record your Ranked Games through LoLReplay and review certain moments (or mistakes) highlighted within your memory and how you could/should of approached the situation instead.
  • Watch competitive games and possibly streams of pro players whom role you feel you need to improve or learn about more so as a method of picking up techniques and any tips given by said streamer.
  • Expand your champion pool
  • Expand your rune pages and sets in order to have an answer for every situation (for example an Armor Page).
  • Get some good skins, they provide a morale boost for your team-mates and may have a positive unconscious effect on yourself or opponents.
Credit to Jeff and jhois for creating my signature and avatar design.
If I helped +Rep, if I didn't then +Rep the person who did.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide