Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is gragas Fotm

Creator: McLovin12134567 August 20, 2012 2:02pm
32 posts - page 3 of 4
Krisys
<Member>
Krisys's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2012 11:36am | Report
The key is to not use Q as a poke but as a follow up to E, to outzone your laning opponent, deny them creep.

Force your opponent to decide whether to get creep and eat a barrel, or not get CS but stay safe.

In a team fight, you don't usually want to start Q unless you are using it to force them to move into a position where your R would scatter their team.
Rzarector
<Member>
Rzarector's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 22, 2012 1:47pm | Report
had a game with him today 11 4 13, we lost because of team, and ill say this : if you have lags DONT play gragas haha

i dont know why everybody says he is hard to play, i find him easy, even using his ult isnt hard ?

ty arcana3 for this skin
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 6:30am | Report
For real,I'm really curious what counterpicks grag man has.

He can be a counter pick to tons of mid, what really hard counters him?

inb4 talon.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 7:19am | Report
Talon doesn't really work that well.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 7:41am | Report
Talon hates Gragas. He's isn't the uber squish mid that Talon ideally prays upon like Ziggs.
TxTVira
<Member>
TxTVira's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 7:58am | Report
Even talon the great mid counter also falls before the great grag man.

He'll never be stopped.

NEVER >:O
Krisys
<Member>
Krisys's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 9:18am | Report
Talon and Ahri. Although a good Gragas can keep Ahri outfarmed pretty well.
Inferiae
<Member>
Inferiae's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 10:15am | Report
I'm by no means an expert, but the problem is that any natural counter to a strong AP mid is traditionally an assassin who has to get fairly up close and personal, which with a Gragas can be highly risky in the laning phase, a well placed Gragas ult and your engage suddenly turns to you being underneath his turrent, body slammed and pillaged :/

I don't think there's ever a hard counter to Gragas, but preventing him from roaming is generally the safest way to play him, a really safe mid for him is the ever trustworthy Morgana due to her excellent lane pushing and CC invulnerability
Thanks Xiaowiriamu for the awesome signature!
fireleopard23
<Member>
fireleopard23's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 3:47pm | Report
Hmmm, as a mid he is average for ap carry neither good nor bad imo. However, since you generally want to reserve ult for situations in which you are guaranteed a kill or teamfights, you will be dependent on q and e for most of your damage. But he can be countered by an enemy with what I would call a danger zone (i.e. champions with either aoe spells centered on themselves such as Karthus or enemies who have a short range due to lack of skill shots but are dangerous in said range such as fiddle) because it makes his body slam a risky gamble.

That being said, he can be a real bully in the top lane if your team is running a duel ap (seems kind of rare nowadays) and against non danger zone mids he can be a real terror because of his ability to close distance with body slam. I would recommend a Lichbane and either weapon that uses hextech revolver as a base for him. Lichbane for the bonus damage, and the hextech gunblade/ will of the ancients for an augment to his natural health regen.

His ult is also extremely useful in both teamfights, defense and attack. In teamfights, it will scatter opponents allowing your team to dominate. In defense, it can be used to knock people away from key defenses, weakened allies, and even yourself if you find yourself in a comprised state (such as being ganked or focused). In attack, its high ratio insures heavy damage to all those it hit, even if you're not having a particularly good game, and it can be used to toss running enemies into range of attacks for others.

All in all, he is a pretty strong pick but he requires knowledge on his abilities and practice in their uses in order to hit. I would recommend him as he is still one of my favorite champions to play as.
Rzarector
<Member>
Rzarector's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 23, 2012 4:12pm | Report
just had a ranked game 9 0 8 against brand, well you know what the grag man does :D

ty arcana3 for this skin

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide