Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is league going to stick around?

Creator: BWalma December 14, 2011 8:48pm
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 2:14pm | Report
DOTA 2 may kill it but if that doesn't then no its not going anywhere.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 2:18pm | Report
dead within a month, 100% guaranteed
EvilDice
<Shoutcaster>
EvilDice's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 2:18pm | Report
Starcraft has terrible graphics and it's still viral in Korea. Graphics really don't matter as much as people think they do.

LoL has gained a huge following due to catering to the casual and competitive gamers. DOTA 2 is probably going to take a lot of competitive players away but it's still gonna have a huge following.

Thanks to Anal Samurai for the sig!

twitch.tv/dicetherice - @dicetherice
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 3:03pm | Report
HoN is down the gutter already... too much they made wrong there.

Regarding LoL: Well, there shouldnt be any greater problems concerning DotA2, since LoL had time to build up a community and is easier to get into.

But if Valve's RLY trying to take over the Moba-scene, foremost the competitive part, they'll give Riot a huge beatdown.

DotA IS the original core that thrilled most of those guys to play LoL, which indeed gave Riot a fueled launch. (IMO comparable to Warcraft 1-3 and WoW)
And DotA/DotA2 should be way better in terms of competetive gaming, stripping LoL from its better tournament players/scene and all those guys who will follow them.
Samoh
<Member>
Samoh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 3:11pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Very good comparison.

I speak only words of wisdom Duff.
Thanks to Koksei, The_Nameless_Bard,JhoiJhoi, LaCorpse, JEFFY40HANDS and myself for the signatures! I am also a certified gangster.
BWalma
<Member>
BWalma's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 3:16pm | Report
I mean I will bring up a new point in regarding how DORA 2 will strip Lol from all of it's competitive players. Back in the day of the brood war days people played that game because it already had 7 + years of balancement. Wouldn't that theory could be applied here too in terms of league have the ability to keep other players because it should be even more balanced then DORA whend it launches? Just a thought

Thank You! For all who created my sigs! -- The_Nameless_Bard, Zesty, and Jhoijhoi
Samoh
<Member>
Samoh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 3:18pm | Report
No it wont. It will do nothing to LoL I assure you, scream and holler all you want people! It will be a good game, but LoL's popularity and player base is to large now, none of the competitive LoL players seem remotely interested. WoWMobaLoL Wins. :P
Thanks to Koksei, The_Nameless_Bard,JhoiJhoi, LaCorpse, JEFFY40HANDS and myself for the signatures! I am also a certified gangster.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 4:40pm | Report
Dota 2 isn't gonna strip even a fraction of the competitive LoL players.

You know, by the time you're competitive, and you discover there's 5 MILLION dollars over a season up for grabs, you're not gonna just say the time getting there was wasted, you're gonna use the investment and shoot for that $...

What could happen is some new LoL players might abandon LoL dreams for DotA dreams.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 4:52pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Dota 2 isn't gonna strip even a fraction of the competitive LoL players.

You know, by the time you're competitive, and you discover there's 5 MILLION dollars over a season up for grabs, you're not gonna just say the time getting there was wasted, you're gonna use the investment and shoot for that $...

What could happen is some new LoL players might abandon LoL dreams for DotA dreams.

Yeah I could see that happening, especially people stuck in ELO HELL <_<
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 5:04pm | Report
I wouldnt stop playing LoL to play DotA 2. Both games have mediocre graphics and the same mechanics. Why would I abandon a game I've been playing for so much time to play something alike?

If I stop playing LoL to play a more competitive moba, I'd choose HoN

And I think LoL wont last long. It has a bad community, poor graphics, problems with buffs/nerfs, the quality of new content is dropping a lot

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide