Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is league going to stick around?

Creator: BWalma December 14, 2011 8:48pm
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 5:15pm | Report
Yeah right.. so what?
If competetive players want some of the money they'll still play LoL.
I'm not talking about an instant switch but a steady alteration. (Maybe ending up playing both, too)
And noone said that Valve cant afford prize pots which are even worthier to get than the ones of Riot.
It's just that LoL's the only one right now and DotA the thing why ppl started to play Mobas/going competitive.

Also you guys talk if LoL and DotA are two different games. Most ppl only have to reminscent the times they played DotA back in the days.

@TheJohn
You srs? o0
I mean yeah, both games have a bad graphic since noone rly cares, but HoN??
+Its not LoL ~ DotA2 but DotA2~HoN since HoN's just a BAD copy of DotA...
And from what I've seen Valve tried to stick rly close to the original instead of cloning the current one.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 5:28pm | Report
DotA has many flaws because its a map from Warcraft, so it has Warcraft's mechanics.

HoN transformed that idea into a better version

Now DotA 2 is trying to get the old reputation back, but I really disliked those graphics, they look too idiot for 2011.

HoN is not a "bad copy", its an improvement. And if it wants to stay on the 2nd place, S2 will have to prove that it deserves the title of runner-up until people quit LoL and it takes the lead

Of course you dont agree with what I'm saying, you sure think that DotA is better than HoN and LoL will hold the players, but let the possibilities reach your mind
BWalma
<Member>
BWalma's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 6:29pm | Report
Oh please, I don't really have opinion on this topic. In most regards I am a complete nobody to the MOBA world. I am just seeing what people are think no worries

Thank You! For all who created my sigs! -- The_Nameless_Bard, Zesty, and Jhoijhoi
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 7:14pm | Report
BWalma wrote:

Oh please, I don't really have opinion on this topic. In most regards I am a complete nobody to the MOBA world. I am just seeing what people are think no worries

You're not "nobody", you are part of it. I know how you're feeling, its like that in the beginning, but if you really like mobas, progress awaits
BWalma
<Member>
BWalma's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 7:59pm | Report
TheJohn wrote:

You're not "nobody", you are part of it. I know how you're feeling, its like that in the beginning, but if you really like mobas, progress awaits

Your misunderstanding me I don't have an opinion on this topic all it was there to start discussion. I am decent LoL. I choose to do dominion. I am noob I think because well... I never played MOBA back on WoW nor any of the other remakes so league is my fist MOBA like game.

(Unless you count custom game in sc2: "Hero Attack")

Thank You! For all who created my sigs! -- The_Nameless_Bard, Zesty, and Jhoijhoi
MDC
<Member>
MDC's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 11:22pm | Report
If talking about graphics...
1) Multiplayer isn't about that from the start, it's only a bonus factor.
2) Eve Online proved, that graphics can get way better over the years as long as you invest in it.

Most serious reason, why DotA 2 won't steal that many players is that LoL isn't just a DotA copy.

I wonder if Savage would be considered a moba game?
Cho is MEGAZERGLING!
JakofAllSpaydes
<Editor>
JakofAllSpaydes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 16, 2011 11:31pm | Report
DoTA 2 will steal more HoN players than LoL, because really, it's not the same.

The concept, sure, is around the same, but league has done some good things, and I do think that it will survive :P
Thx to Jhoi, nyoike, xiao, Jeffy40Hands, AlexPT, Wafflewarrior, Wrath and myself for the sigs <33333
Samoh
<Member>
Samoh's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2011 4:22am | Report
Darcurse wrote:

Yeah right.. so what?
If competetive players want some of the money they'll still play LoL.
I'm not talking about an instant switch but a steady alteration. (Maybe ending up playing both, too)
And noone said that Valve cant afford prize pots which are even worthier to get than the ones of Riot.
It's just that LoL's the only one right now and DotA the thing why ppl started to play Mobas/going competitive.

Also you guys talk if LoL and DotA are two different games. Most ppl only have to reminscent the times they played DotA back in the days.

@TheJohn
You srs? o0
I mean yeah, both games have a bad graphic since noone rly cares, but HoN??
+Its not LoL ~ DotA2 but DotA2~HoN since HoN's just a BAD copy of DotA...
And from what I've seen Valve tried to stick rly close to the original instead of cloning the current one.

You're wrong about the 'most' people part, the fact is it isn't most, it's very few. It's just going to be another Rift.
Thanks to Koksei, The_Nameless_Bard,JhoiJhoi, LaCorpse, JEFFY40HANDS and myself for the signatures! I am also a certified gangster.
ExamplePrime
<Member>
ExamplePrime's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2011 10:16am | Report
Zeprido wrote:

I call LoL DoTA for the masses for a reason... It's easy to get into, and has enough depth if you care enough to master it.
This paired with the fact that Riot Games is a pretty open company compared to others creating a more attractive environment, and that they provide consistent updates and balance changes should keep LoL around for many years.

The graphics are a style btw and there are plans to upgrade them
Shameless plug: www.youtube.com/Exampleprime
---
I play games, I write stories. And I make youtube videos that are way to long.
Darcurse
<Member>
Darcurse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 17, 2011 10:42am | Report
Samoh wrote:

You're wrong about the 'most' people part, the fact is it isn't most, it's very few. It's just going to be another Rift.

Few dota players? You srs?
You started playing Moba after LoL came up didnt you...
Yeah since DotA started as fun map, there wasnt that much attention on it, but how long has DotA evolved before LoL came up? ~6 years?

Regarding "differences":
LoL "evolved" after basing on DotA, but if its for the better or worse, thats up to personal opinion.
HoN TOTALLY copied DotA: Chars, Map layout, mechanics etc.
DotA may had its flaws and even if HoN corrected them (NOT talking about new content and such) DotA2 will likely do the same.

@TheJohn if you think HoN is the better Moba (no offen there, your personal opinion) but its likely that youre more for the original DotA style instead of the LoL-altered one.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide