Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is Nasus a good Tanky DPS?

Creator: Aidenmbdaly May 14, 2011 6:49am
Aidenmbdaly
<Member>
Aidenmbdaly's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2011 6:49am | Report
Basically, what the title says. Is Nasus a good tanky DPS? A lot of guides I see eitehr get the damage item too late for him to be a Tanky DPSS for most of the game (nothing wrong if he is the main tank), but as a secondary tank, or a tanky DPS, rushing trinity and getting tank items doesnt come up in many guides. Is it a good build for him, and is he a good tanky DPS?
Illuvitarian
<Member>
Illuvitarian's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2011 7:16am | Report
He's one of my mains, and he's very snowbally if you have a decent jungler and you can start good early ( usually you'll be solo top ) you can rush trinity force starting with sheen and then pick up your tank items because his farming is easy he can be great.

If things don't go well early or you get zoned out a lot you can be pretty much worthless till very late game in which case you usually lose.

So if I were you id rush sheen then pick up frozen heart and then finish trin force after that get the rest of you tank items.

Basically I'm saying yes he's a great dps/tank if you can use his potential and play well yourself.

Nasus has no get out of death free card so it's on you bro.

+rep me if you like what I got to say. Semper Fi!

Melarith
<Member>
Melarith's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2011 7:17am | Report
Nasus is a godly tanky DPS, in my opinion - but very easy to kite, so keep that in mind if you plan on playing him in draftmode.

As for itemization, you usually just get Sheen, and then focus on tank items for the most part, the reason is that your Q gets more damage as you last hit, and if you're soloing top (Nasus is *kind* of solo-top dependent), you'll get lots of last-hits - ergo, lots of damage on your Q, making most DPS items kind of meh, in compared to Sheen + Durability. And when you feel that you do have enough survivability, you can just go ahead and make it into a Trinity Force.
The purpose of Shen is to flip out and kill people.
- Phreak
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2011 11:35am | Report
He gets a lot strong if you last hit with his skill.
Eihn
<Member>
Eihn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2011 1:06pm | Report
If you can build siphon strike all game he is almost unbeatable end game. I lived it.. /ff
Dante Rebellion
<Member>
Dante Rebellion's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2011 2:01pm | Report
Tanky DPS is the only viable way to blame him... imo.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 14, 2011 2:15pm | Report
The only DPS item I ever build with Nasus is Trinity Force. As others have said before me, his Siphoning Strike is his main source of damage, and it is his only ability that scales with physical damage.

While it's amusing to buy Tiamats, or Infinity Edge to amp up his damage, I believe Trinity Force is sufficient damage for an off-tank Nasus build.

If you're going pure DPS, go ahead and buy what you like, but tank/off-tank Nasus shouldn't be focusing on damage.

Is he a good Tanky DPS champion? Yes and no. You have to consider that his only disable is Wither. Other Tanky DPS immediately become preferance over him because they have hard cc, like Renekton. But Nasus, in a teamfight with Fury of the Sands makes him God-like.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 15, 2011 8:13am | Report
In team fights hes a beast with tanky dps.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide