Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is Rengar viable anymore?

Creator: Stylistical April 22, 2015 6:29pm
Stylistical
<Member>
Stylistical's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2015 6:29pm | Report
I used to play him a lot, like 15 games of Rengar a day, and maybe 1 or 2 of another champion (Thank you Team Builder), and I used to do really good. Then season 5 happened, and I can't seem to play him anymore. Is he just not viable anymore? I used to see him played a lot, and now I just don't see him anymore. I mean, he can sustain decently in jungle, and he can also clear pretty fast. Post 6 his ganks are pretty strong, especially in low elos where he roams around and gets free kills because people don't see the warning sign, however in higher elos he just doesn't seem to be even remotely viable anymore. It's sad for me, because he was the first champion I ever mastered and I miss my kitty :( I still play him, but I just can't do good with him anymore.

Also, on a very small (hehe) side note, I hit r aa on someone as Diana, and they died. I wasn't that fed. Just 21-2. Nothing big. I didn't know she could get that strong. Not that anyone cares or it matters, but ya know. Just thought would throw it out there.
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2015 6:38pm | Report
I had a post like this very early into Season 5. While the launch of the new jungle did a number on him he has adapted surprisingly well this season. While his sustain is worse than before a well placed route does well and his ganks are always good. Starting krugs really helped me, I found, and go for Ghostblade first to make those ganks a tad bit stronger.

Basically, yes he's still viable, you just have to play around with him a bit.
Eyy
Stylistical
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2015 6:51pm | Report
Hatted wrote:
I had a post like this very early into Season 5. While the launch of the new jungle did a number on him he has adapted surprisingly well this season. While his sustain is worse than before a well placed route does well and his ganks are always good. Starting krugs really helped me, I found, and go for Ghostblade first to make those ganks a tad bit stronger.

Basically, yes he's still viable, you just have to play around with him a bit.

Alright thanks, I'll try that. I really want to be able to play my mains, but a lot of them are just falling out. (I.E. Aatrox)
Hatted
<Member>
Hatted's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2015 7:20pm | Report

Alright thanks, I'll try that. I really want to be able to play my mains, but a lot of them are just falling out. (I.E. Aatrox)

I started playing Ringo like a madman toward then end of Season 4, so I understand your feelings. And Aatrox seems to me to be viable if I ever saw one in game. I only recently discovered some of his stats and I was pretty impressed. His third hit, when put onto the healing form, will heal for TRIPLE the amount. Granted it's bonus AD, but if you find yourself ahead I'm aware he build hydra so go to town. And his slow is for 2.75 seconds at max, my lord, and it's strong. This could be because his Dark Flight has a consistent 1 second knockup through all levels, but you could make it work.

This is coming from someone who's played Aatrox once on free week, so I don't have to tell you his kit, but I imagine with some tanky runes and successful ganks that he could be a force to be reckoned with; but I digress.

glhf
Eyy
Stylistical
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2015 7:30pm | Report
Hatted wrote:

I started playing Ringo like a madman toward then end of Season 4, so I understand your feelings. And Aatrox seems to me to be viable if I ever saw one in game. I only recently discovered some of his stats and I was pretty impressed. His third hit, when put onto the healing form, will heal for TRIPLE the amount. Granted it's bonus AD, but if you find yourself ahead I'm aware he build hydra so go to town. And his slow is for 2.75 seconds at max, my lord, and it's strong. This could be because his Dark Flight has a consistent 1 second knockup through all levels, but you could make it work.

This is coming from someone who's played Aatrox once on free week, so I don't have to tell you his kit, but I imagine with some tanky runes and successful ganks that he could be a force to be reckoned with; but I digress.

glhf

Aatrox isn't really all the viable at the moment. While he seems strong, his late game is almost worthless if you don't get fed. He's one of those hyper carries that requires the enemies to be stupid and feed him to no end so he can end the game way before late game even hits. His E is strong, but the rest of his kit is too lackluster to really be of any use. His Q is a great hard engage, but the cooldown on it really sucks. While his W heal is great, if someone has a healing reduction, it becomes near useless. He has great potential, but he just isn't dominant enough to be able to snowball like he needs to. Tanky runes are nice on him, but successful ganks are difficult enough to pull off with him to the point of not being a reliable way to snowball. I don't even like him in the jungle, I prefer him top by a long shot. I just don't think he really fits in the jungle too well. No clearing issues, but he just likes to farm and push all game rather than teamfight like a madman, and if he does that in the jungle, then laners don't get the ganks they need, but if he does gank, he starts to fall too far behind too fast. It's just really hard to do good with him to make him viable. If he gets fed, it's game over. He snowballs out of control faster than Riven or Fiora, but he isn't as dominant as they are. He's even countered by both. That's nice. He's one of the only champions I've ever seen that has issues bullying Nasus out of lane pre-6, and then post 6 he can't fight him. He has some serious issues, but none the less I enjoy playing him. It's funny because I can actually do good with him, and it really pisses people off when I carry with him after they say "Troll Aatrox pick pls report for assisting enemy team".

tl;dr: He's not strong enough to snowball like he needs to reliably, therefore he just doesn't do well in the current meta.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 22, 2015 8:09pm | Report

Aatrox isn't really all the viable at the moment. While he seems strong, his late game is almost worthless if you don't get fed. He's one of those hyper carries that requires the enemies to be stupid and feed him to no end so he can end the game way before late game even hits. His E is strong, but the rest of his kit is too lackluster to really be of any use. His Q is a great hard engage, but the cooldown on it really sucks. While his W heal is great, if someone has a healing reduction, it becomes near useless. He has great potential, but he just isn't dominant enough to be able to snowball like he needs to. Tanky runes are nice on him, but successful ganks are difficult enough to pull off with him to the point of not being a reliable way to snowball. I don't even like him in the jungle, I prefer him top by a long shot. I just don't think he really fits in the jungle too well. No clearing issues, but he just likes to farm and push all game rather than teamfight like a madman, and if he does that in the jungle, then laners don't get the ganks they need, but if he does gank, he starts to fall too far behind too fast. It's just really hard to do good with him to make him viable. If he gets fed, it's game over. He snowballs out of control faster than Riven or Fiora, but he isn't as dominant as they are. He's even countered by both. That's nice. He's one of the only champions I've ever seen that has issues bullying Nasus out of lane pre-6, and then post 6 he can't fight him. He has some serious issues, but none the less I enjoy playing him. It's funny because I can actually do good with him, and it really pisses people off when I carry with him after they say "Troll Aatrox pick pls report for assisting enemy team".

tl;dr: He's not strong enough to snowball like he needs to reliably, therefore he just doesn't do well in the current meta.

A lot of this is inaccurate.
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2015 12:22am | Report
the trend is building him as a tank
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2015 8:36am | Report
My renekton takes a **** on him if he goes top lane.
Blian
<Member>
Blian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2015 4:11pm | Report
Toshabi wrote:
My renekton takes a **** on him if he goes top lane.

Renekton is pretty much underrated.. dunno why?!
Stylistical
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep April 23, 2015 5:17pm | Report

A lot of this is inaccurate.

It's pretty accurate from my playing him. If I don't get fed as him, I can't do anything whether I build straight tank or not, I just die instantly and can't sustain in a fight. People seem to like to focus him.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide