Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is Skarner supposed to get a load of kills?

Creator: Spaceycoww January 1, 2012 4:32pm
1 2 3 4
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2012 3:53pm | Report
I agree that supports, in the role of support and not building carry items, does not carry games. But I disagree as to the importance of support roles!
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Joobieo#41288
<Member>
Joobieo#41288's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2012 3:55pm | Report
Crows foot wrote:

I agree that supports, in the role of support and not building carry items, does not carry games. But I disagree as to the importance of support roles!

As a support player, I feel I make the AD carry what he is, without a good support the lane falls.

I love when I see bad supports.

But I also hate when I lose the game and I'm still out supporting their support.
Current Solo Q Elo = 1405+
Active United States Marine
Malzahar - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
Kassadin - Ranked Mini Guide / Build
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2012 4:50pm | Report
DuffTime wrote:

Supports don't carry games. I don't care how much you want to believe it.

Supports have to make HUGE plays to even influence games. If their team is ***, they will lose.

If it's a dead even game, 50% to 50%, and one support sucks and the other is amazing, good support team will win.

If it's 60% to 40%, might be a close game, but a support will never single handedly cause a win for their team, NEVER.

We arent normal people, or talking about normal things, keep that in mind
tweeboy2
<Member>
tweeboy2's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2012 6:16pm | Report
Not intentionally. If you get it oh well. Just gank (I'm guessing you're jungling?) and focus on killing the enemy champion. Don't focus on who gets the kill.
LostTRoll
<Member>
LostTRoll's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2012 7:29pm | Report
TheJohn wrote:

Thats racism

You guys are all straight-minded, and I dont enjoy helping idiots. **** the carry, I auto-attack minions early game to get farmed, harass the enemies a lot
I only do the normal thing if the person proves me that he/she can win the game with my support

But well, what can I do? Those high elo players are gods for you guys. You'll only believe that supports can do things themselves when those "gods" try that and it works

if the ad carry sucks, dont ks their farm. them sucking may have been 1 false move. they scale into late game better than any other role. they become the primary surce of damage for your team. theres always rutes to recovery. by ksing their farm you just destroyed all of these paths.

if high elo players try to make a new play and it sucks, theyll get severely punish and theyll know right away, of how much it sucks. Now if a low elo player invents a new play and it sucks, theyll probably get little to no punishment. this means theyll think it works. for example:

a player wants a new meta that involves tower diving a tower till hes almost dead and someone tries to gank him while hes tower diving,but sucks so much(missing a skillshot) that he couldnt clean him up. eventually he'll get the tower and it involves in global gold and map control. will he learn from this foul play?? will he want to try it in other games?? is there a downside in this experience?? was it worth it in this experience??
(fyi, i saw someone trying this and it didnt go so well, xp loss, gold loss, feeding; he was prob trolling).

you need to think more about consequences, have more theoretical talks(involves math), the difference between each rank of elo.

p.s. dont harass as a support too much
and im curious. whats your elo?? you sound jealous.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2012 3:54am | Report
I'm not talking about one mistake, but a real feed. If the carry die one or two times, its OK. But if the human goes 0/7 in 7 mins, the game is over for him/her

I play HoN, I'm used to harass enemies with supports
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2012 9:35am | Report
Ofc the support should harass! Why not?
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2012 9:39am | Report
Crows foot wrote:

Ofc the support should harass! Why not?

QFT
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2012 9:43am | Report
To clarify, I do agree that a support makes or breaks your lane and am not saying they aren't important.

It's the "Least rewarding role" in that you can't legitimately carry, but if you fail, you can still potentially cause a loss :P
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2012 9:47am | Report
@Xenasis thank you good sir

DuffTime wrote:

To clarify, I do agree that a support makes or breaks your lane and am not saying they aren't important.

It's the "Least rewarding role" in that you can't legitimately carry, but if you fail, you can still potentially cause a loss :P

That I can agree with, but in my eyes that is far from what you expressed earlier ;p

1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide