Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Is Skarner supposed to get a load of kills?

Creator: Spaceycoww January 1, 2012 4:32pm
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2012 2:19pm | Report
LostTRoll wrote:

unless youre low elo...

Bingo.

You can carry as a support when everyone on both teams suck and you just outplay people :D

Or your team rocks so much that you actually get fed a ton of gold from fights. But then you're probably not really carrying.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2012 2:22pm | Report
I think the best definition of support I read is that they carry the AD carry early game, so that the AD carry can carry the team later.

I heard Doublelift saying on his stream last night that the skill of the support player is actually more important than the skill of the AD player in deciding who wins the lane, and I agree. It's impossible to win bot lane if your support sucks, but I've had lanes before where we ultimately won because even though my AD wasn't that great I was able to set up kills and keep them alive and farming.
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2012 11:30am | Report
Thats racism

You guys are all straight-minded, and I dont enjoy helping idiots. **** the carry, I auto-attack minions early game to get farmed, harass the enemies a lot
I only do the normal thing if the person proves me that he/she can win the game with my support

But well, what can I do? Those high elo players are gods for you guys. You'll only believe that supports can do things themselves when those "gods" try that and it works
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2012 11:35am | Report
Who was being racist? o.O

But yeah, that's really not supporting. If want to build and play Sona AP and farm minions you can go ahead and do it, but you're not playing support. Play the game however you like if that's what works for you.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2012 11:37am | Report
I most often start with classic support behaviour, but as soon as I see my AD-carry fail and slack off in cs:ing I start to farm.

Most of the time I am better at cs:ing than them anyway!
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2012 11:41am | Report
TheJohn wrote:

Thats racism

You guys are all straight-minded, and I dont enjoy helping idiots. **** the carry, I auto-attack minions early game to get farmed, harass the enemies a lot
I only do the normal thing if the person proves me that he/she can win the game with my support

But well, what can I do? Those high elo players are gods for you guys. You'll only believe that supports can do things themselves when those "gods" try that and it works

I don't see where the racism is.

If you want to auto attack minions, do it. Nobody is stopping you. Know that when you steal farm from the carry, you aren't a support, though. You'd be an AP carry that is sharing a lane with an AD carry.

Nobody here reveres high elo players as "gods" - it's just some proof that that's what works. Building champions that can support as non-supports definitely work, as is the case with GP and Janna, GP can jungle/top and Janna can go AP, but you ARE NOT playing a support if you're doing the damage yourself.

The definition of the word "support" (from google) -
Verb:
Bear all or part of the weight of; hold up.
A support is nothing without their counterpart. Doing things "for yourself" is all well and good, but that isn't a support.

Regarding "You'll only believe that supports can do things themselves" - Luther's already mentioned, AD players admit that supports make things happen bot lane, AD carries just do the damage, they don't create the situations. Supports do things all the time, and as has been said by pros, "carry bot lane", if you can't notice that without building your supports as AP, then that's your problem.
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2012 11:58am | Report
Tbh I really don't like to play support especially in ranked - they can't carry (well they can with awesome ultimates and nice warding) and I don't like the role of the support but even tho I don't steal cs I get 2-3 Gold/10 items. I play champs that aren't really good at supporting like lux or maokai to be able to carry lategame - and a Lux who hits almost all skillshots is an amazing support :) and those "gods" you are referring too -- tbh I don't like most of them and I never thought of them as gods lol :/

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2012 1:08pm | Report
For the two pony lovers (Luther and Xenasis): I buy support items, help the carry, and ward. But the bro starts feeding, so I exclude him from the team. He's the first to die (mental control is execelent), then I the rest of the team do what we can

I won more games abandoning the AD-feeder than keep helping him

PS: Stop trying to understand this, you wont. PM me if you want to continue this
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2012 1:32pm | Report
For once I am with John. If my carry sucks so much balls he will soon choke I will take farm and kills. I rarely build anything but support though, but I get my **** together quicker and can set him and the rest of the team up for kills way more easily! I am still support and supporting, just not according to the meta. I just start supporting the team instead of a single player!
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2012 1:48pm | Report
Supports don't carry games. I don't care how much you want to believe it.

Supports have to make HUGE plays to even influence games. If their team is ***, they will lose.

If it's a dead even game, 50% to 50%, and one support sucks and the other is amazing, good support team will win.

If it's 60% to 40%, might be a close game, but a support will never single handedly cause a win for their team, NEVER.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide