Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Jungle Nation - Jungling Strategy Talk

Creator: SOAC Bas October 3, 2013 11:07am
luizdeh
<Member>
luizdeh's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2013 4:24am | Report
C4 Lasty wrote:

Hecarim is paper early-mid game and he's it is very easy to invade on him and assassinate him with bruiser junglers. He gets too low in the jungle and he doesn't really start to impact a game until late.

Low Elo Hecarims, who face almost zero counterjungling/invades, can carry games easily. Above that, he gets **** on by almost everybody.
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2013 4:27am | Report
too bad people in low elo still ban hecarim
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2013 4:46am | Report
Yeah, high Elo tier lists take into account counter-jungling. At low Elo, tier lists are completely different.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2013 9:32am | Report
Lasty:you'd be surprised at how many people try to 1v1 trundle lvl 2 at their red. "I'm tier 1 jarvan/vi/Lee and I can't die" mentality. But then again I play high bronze where the power of stupidity holds reign. But yeah, I know he is nowhere strong enough to be a go-to choice.

When I have to jungle I pick Lee or Elise. High tier and fun to play!
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2013 10:35am | Report
I don't think trundle is that bad, personally. You just have to pick him into the right comp, AKA extremely low mobility (enemy ashe, nasus, karthus, etc) cuz he sucks against free dashes/mobility
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2013 11:29am | Report
Crows foot wrote:

Lasty:you'd be surprised at how many people try to 1v1 trundle lvl 2 at their red. "I'm tier 1 jarvan/vi/Lee and I can't die" mentality. But then again I play high bronze where the power of stupidity holds reign. But yeah, I know he is nowhere strong enough to be a go-to choice.

When I have to jungle I pick Lee or Elise. High tier and fun to play!

Almost every champion works at non-high diamond Elos, not just bronze. Plat 1 included. Whenever I see Trundle, I don't think "ha, they have jungle Trundle, dis game gonna be so easy". I just think of him as yet another jungler. Same as jungle Seju, Hecarim, you name it. At my Elo they're pretty much all as effective as each other, based on the results I've seen. I personally try to stick to tier 1 junglers ( apart from more recently WW ) because I DO try and counter-jungle low tier junglers when the enemy team has them, but most people don't.
TortugaMaximus
<Member>
TortugaMaximus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2014 5:15pm | Report
I have been having trouble lately playing in the jungle. I don't feel like i am effectively ganking or making as much as a difference as I used to. When is it better to gank and when is it better to farm and clear? I mean obviously if your team has pushed too far you don't gank, but things other than that. I have tried looking but could anyone point me in the direction of a good overall jungle guide? Thanks in advance.
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 5, 2014 8:03am | Report

I have been having trouble lately playing in the jungle. I don't feel like i am effectively ganking or making as much as a difference as I used to. When is it better to gank and when is it better to farm and clear? I mean obviously if your team has pushed too far you don't gank, but things other than that. I have tried looking but could anyone point me in the direction of a good overall jungle guide? Thanks in advance.

Generally its better to just farm early. I tend to look for counter ganks over normal ganks. I'll ward up enemy jungle entrances/exits and counter gank when I see the enemy jungler going for a gank. Jungle is all about time management. You don't want to spend time ganking if its going to fail. If the enemy top is Shen and he has flash/Taunt up there is very little chance of a successful gank so don't even bother. Ask your team to tell you when enemies burn flash otherwise farm up and seek to make your impact by taking objectives and crushing team fights.

Another easy way to manage your time as a jungler is play someone that is 'guaranteed' a kill when their ult is up like Vi or Nocturne. Farm till 6 and then look to combo your ultimate with other CC and it should be a kill regardless of if the enemy has flash or not. While your ult is down, go back to farming. When it comes back up rinse and repeat. If you can break the 100CS mark by ~18 minutes you'll absolutely crush midgame team fights. Look to make your impact there.
TortugaMaximus
<Member>
TortugaMaximus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2014 7:59am | Report
Thanks for that response, that makes a lot of sense. I think I have been wasting too much time trying to gank and falling behind on cs.
Hannul
<Inhouse Addict>
Hannul's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 6, 2014 8:56am | Report
In Platinum right now, should I ignore when people scream for ganks or just continue farming until I can get a gank that works? Such as Nautilus jungle won't gank until I have Depth Charge and unless it's like Evelynn I ward up to stop counter jungling and kill people that try to unless I fail some early gank.

Basically how I play LoL

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide