Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Jungling and The Routes

Creator: Symphunny September 17, 2011 11:05pm
1 2
Symphunny
<Member>
Symphunny's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 11:05pm | Report
Can someone please explain to me the difference between the 3 basic jungling routes and the names of them.

The first one as most of us know is the aggressive route which starts at golems.

The other two are sustain route and superior route, however, im getting confused about the two.

Special thanks to Brynollf, -FanArt-, Xiaowiriamu (x3), Spooon, reppinFTC and jhoijhoi for making the awesome sigs :P
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 11:07pm | Report
Superior route is usually a start in the opposing jungle and doing a variation of the sustained route.
The sustained route is starting at one of the smaller camps and basically clearing those multiple times. You will get low almost never but you get a tad less EXP so it's harder to gank unless you're a godly ganker.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
caucheka
<Veteran>
caucheka's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 17, 2011 11:08pm | Report
idk what the routes are called. however the 2 routes i know of

the aggresive route you mention, golems wraiths wolves ganks or buffs.

the 'basic' route of blue wolves wraiths red golems gank

i know that lee sin goes wolves wraiths golems gank or red then gank..
I like things that make me feel stupid. - Ken Levine
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 4:12am | Report
Ignore what the 2 above said.

Aggressive: blue->wolves->wraiths->red->golems (the route is different for those without mana ofc)

Superior: wolves->wraiths->golems->B(to base)->blue->wolves->wraiths->red->golems

Sustained: doesn't have a fixed starting point as far as I know, but generally just involves clearing the small camps a few times before taking out the buffs.
"Gold can't buy you rape." - Mr Sark
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 4:54am | Report
And here i thought Aggressive was Wolves -> Blue.

The more you know i guess
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 4:59am | Report
It doesn't matter the where the exact starting point is. If you can do wolves before blue spawns then you should do them.

Udyr is one of the rare champions who can do that. Nunu can take one wolf fast enough.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 6:53am | Report
Searz wrote:

Aggressive: blue->wolves->wraiths->red->golems (the route is different for those without mana ofc)

Superior: wolves->wraiths->golems->B(to base)->blue->wolves->wraiths->red->golems

Sustained: doesn't have a fixed starting point as far as I know, but generally just involves clearing the small camps a few times before taking out the buffs.

what he said.

and, most junglers, contrary to popular belief and what caucheka said, can have multiple routes...for instance Lee Sin...

I almost always, unless there is a CV and they are going to stop me at doubles or know I'm gonna gank, will hit doubles and then gank the lane at 2:05, when I am level 2 and everyone else 1. I almost always pickup FB or get an ally FB using this technique.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Xenasis
<Member>
Xenasis's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 7:16am | Report
Searz wrote:

This - but you mixed up Superior and Sustained. Sustained starts at wolves/wraiths, and Superior starts at golems, usually, but it's malleability means you're a lot less likely to stick to your normal route, and get an early gank or counter jungle in.
castlemanRC
<Member>
castlemanRC's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 7:54am | Report
Thanks for the info guys . . . I've actually been wondering the same things myself.

On a similar note, what levels do you guys expect to be able to gank w/ the different junglers? What I'm essentially asking, is, depending on the jungler I am playing, at what levels should I be realistically trying to gank?
Thanks to NamelessBard, WaffleWarrior, Deathanatos, Samoh, LaCorpse and Jeffy40Hands for the sigs
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 18, 2011 7:57am | Report

On a similar note, what levels do you guys expect to be able to gank w/ the different junglers? What I'm essentially asking, is, depending on the jungler I am playing, at what levels should I be realistically trying to gank?

Generally level four is when you put a point into a ganking skill, but some junglers are good at level two ganks with the element of surprise (like Shaco...although he kind of sucks atm). Some junglers may need level six before they can gank at their full potential (like Warwick).

Obviously it also depends what the situation is, for example if an enemy lane has pushed right up to one of your towers at low health, you should pretty much always gank them if you can regardless of level or champion. If one of your teammates in a lane is low health and the enemy is high health and playing carefully, you should probably avoid ganking that lane until your teammate can back for health.

You should read Xenasis' jungle guide, it's pretty helpful.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide