Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Just bought Karma...

Creator: Babit December 13, 2011 3:39pm
1 2
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 4:59pm | Report
Quoted:

She needs a buff correct.

Until then IMO Soraka, Taric, Janna, Sona, just do it better.

She doesn't need a buff
She's not a support
She's similar to Lux, but while Lux is an AP carry with support aspects Karma is a tanky Caster with support aspects.
She's good, obviusly she's not Xerath or Nidalee, but she's definitively not UP nor needing a buff.
Problem with er is that she has an insanely high skillcap, and even if you master her, she only rewards you by being good, not excellent.
She doesn't get much love in competitive because of that, and since no "pro" player plays her on a regular basis she doesn't have any visibility thus making the rest of the LoL comunity not play her.
I played her for A LOT of games I'd say that if HotShotGG were to take an intrest in her she would be played more (I'm saying HSGG because she shares similar aspects with Nida, so he's the most likely to get to like her).
Sadly I think I saw HSGG on her some time ago and he had a bad 1st impression on her, so I really doubt she'll ever be famouse unless she gets massive buffs, become OP, gain visibility then get nerfed again.

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 5:02pm | Report
HSGG played her and did extremely well, but she can't carry a team for insta kill an enemy carry like other AP's can, and isn't as tanky without shield as others are.

She does shutdown AP Mids though.

Kinda reminds me of Sion.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 5:06pm | Report
HSGG actually likes her, he just thinks she's too hard for most players.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 5:54pm | Report
She needs an interrupt is all.

They've been toying with a silence on the bond. I hope she gets it because that would be the best thing ever.
Sig courtesy of GrandmasterD. Go get your own sig from them. :D
ZioSerpe
<Member>
ZioSerpe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 6:06pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

HSGG played her and did extremely well, but she can't carry a team for insta kill an enemy carry like other AP's can, and isn't as tanky without shield as others are.

She does shutdown AP Mids though.

Kinda reminds me of Sion.

That's why I'm saying she's supposed to be a Tanky caster, not an AP carry (and much less a support)
Expecially in a teamcomp running an aggressive support bot with no heal (blitz, Leona and such) she brings a lot to the team.

For all you questions about jungling

yes Mr smartypants click on the signature
Babit
<Member>
Babit's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 7:00pm | Report
IMO just being able to hold 3 charges or ulti would be enough.

Once you have your cdr your ulti charges like every 12 seconds I believe.

^^This is shorter than most heal cds isn't it?

Pozsich
<Member>
Pozsich's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 13, 2011 7:31pm | Report
I will state again: The point of the two charges is that you can't go into a fight and buff all your abilities with mantra. Saying 3 is less absurd than 6, but still removes the purpose of having only two in the first place.
Honestly though, I like Karma, but I'm not surprised she's unpopular. Not only is she harder to play than most champions, she also is a unique character. And let's face it, the LoL community wants easy simple champions that can stomp anyone with a little feed, not someone unique. Just look at the recent champions, they're all about "movement" and "aggressive play," with abilities that require virtually no thought or tactics.

/rant

EDIT: I realize only after the post all I've done on this site is post a Tryn guide... How hypocritical of me :P
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 4:04am | Report
Karma is a good champion, not the best support or the best AP carry or the best anything else. Shes a mix of some roles, and that is kinda bad, divides her power a lot; but if you learn how to play and know what role you are gonna use more in each match, you'll get good results

omg, Night is a scout! Please, dont disarm us, and be careful when using that bow (not sure if everyone will understand this joke)
Tornspirit
<Member>
Tornspirit's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2011 5:55am | Report
I'm going to say that her W feels very weak non-Mantra'd, and if you do choose to use a mantra charge on her W, you feel as if you could have saved a charge for her Q, or her E, both of which have very visible and much more 'appealing', in a sense, mantra bonuses. They give completely different effects to the original, whereas W just doubles the base effect. I haven't tried her tanky AP solo top, though I don't think many people would appreciate me trying it out in ranked, heh. She feels like she'd pair well in a lane with a tanky dps, as Karma can simply support them so easily with her skill set. Unfortunately, the current meta doesn't really allow for these sort of lanes.
Check out my Evelynn Dominion Guide: http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/evelynn-dominion-guide-thats-just-the-wind-139904

Wish I knew how to photoshop..
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide