Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Karma - Inches Short of Greatness

Creator: Klausenheim December 22, 2011 7:37am
1 2
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2011 7:37am | Report
OK, so this is my first post here after lurking for several months.

Preface: I'm not a lvl 30, I'm not a pro ELO master, I'm not Bruce Lee.

So free week Karma (finally)!!
I had been wanting to try her since my first or second week playing LoL because, hey, she's asian and stuff. The more I played, the more curious I became, because literally NO ONE plays her. I assumed she sucked.

And then I played her last night, and was pretty shocked at how to close to *not sucking* she actually is.

Just like any good support, she has:
A teamfight-altering spell in her heal(Janna's ultimate knockback/heal, Sona stun, etc.).
I was literally shocked at how much health you can throw out if you position yourself correctly, and it isn't even a long cooldown (provided you have two mantras).

Her shield will prevent many a gank from being successful, both on yourself and others.

And then....oh wait. This is the sucky part. What to do now?
Once you've done your two mantra + spell combos you are literally just a walking meatshield.
All Karma needs is one last piece of a spell to be added to her arsenal and she will officially be one of the best supports / ap's in the game.
I realize every character is limited by cooldowns in some respect, but the fact that Karma really only has 2 spells (no ultimate, and W is just...silly) really makes her feel lackluster.

So what do you think? Does she really warrant all of the /ignore and lonely bucket treatment?
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2011 8:13am | Report
Actually, she's not a support. She's a caster.

Yes she technically only has 2 spells for offence but, try fighting someone in a group of minions. Spirit Bond actually becomes useful.

Unless you are chasing someone from base to base, using a mantra-d Spirit Bond is never worth it.

CDR is your most important stat and you should be getting to the 40% cap as soon as you can.

Lastly, shield-bombing(R+E) is your most important tool. Drop it on the initiator and watch damage flow.
True love is found only in yourself.
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2011 9:07am | Report
Karma is used to shut down the AP Carry mid and provide utility with bond + shield lategame.

DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2011 9:24am | Report

Preface: I'm not an 8th dan, I'm not a kung fu master, I'm not Bruce Lee.

*A momentary journey into the labyrinth that is Duff's brain.*
Klausenheim
<Member>
Klausenheim's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2011 10:37am | Report
DuffTime wrote:

*A momentary journey into the labyrinth that is Duff's brain.*

haha, indeed.

Also, I could see her as being more useful mid. I haven't tried that yet. I just don't see her other spells as compensating for her lack of an ultimate.

I mean, compare Karma to Udyr, who I think represents a really well balanced character sans-ultimate. Udyr has an above-average amount of utility in all four his spells versus the "normal" spells, but still below the "ultimate" level.
There are multiple ways to build a successful Udyr, and every form has a situation where it really excels.

Karma, on the other hand, has two spells that I find really applicable. Although I will give you points for using W as a psuedo escape mechanism / chase spell.
There's nothing in Karma's kit that makes me think "oh yeah, she totally doesn't deserve to have an ultimate because she has "........".
You can't peddle papooses with a dancing monkey.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2011 11:33am | Report
That bond is ****ing op when trynda/udyr/trundle/etc dives you under your turret. Just put it on them, mantrashield yourself and juke. Before they hit you enough they are dead to turret or your shield is back up ;p
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
JMastiff
<Member>
JMastiff's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2011 5:13pm | Report
Well the only weird thing on her is her passive. The rest is just pure bliss of creativity - there aren't much options gear-wise (CDR being high value in all circumstances), but what can you do with the abilities is the real fun. like casting mantraed shield on creeps to deny farm and harass. Good stuff.

You guys have an idea how to gear to enhance her passive or should it just feel like a lackluster Taric?
BWalma
<Member>
BWalma's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 22, 2011 6:23pm | Report
Well I am glad you found a hero you enjoy maybe you'll get enough IP to buy her and then maybe you might by a skin for her just as I did as ahri but I just insta bought her since I am inpulsive ><

<3 Alma

Thank You! For all who created my sigs! -- The_Nameless_Bard, Zesty, and Jhoijhoi
reppinFTC
<Member>
reppinFTC's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2011 3:11pm | Report
Personally, I love playing karma. But i'm a weirdo and play her solo top vs aggressive bruisers (trynd, rumble, etc). Works quite well. Doran's stack into WoTA Rylais gg.

Thanks to JEFFY40HANDS, Jhoijhoi, The Nameless Bard, Nyoike, AlexanPT, wRAthoFVulk and myself for the dope signatures! Check out my Garen guide! Stop by my Sig Shop!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2011 8:44pm | Report
I play her as support, the way she was intended to be played i guess (not downing alternate styles/builds of Karma play, would encourage it actually). She has alot more depth than most supports, and alot more utility in terms of not just supporting her own team but debilitating the enemy
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide