Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

League of Legends Queue Concept

Creator: Itolic August 19, 2012 11:39am
1 2 3 4
Should Players have the option to select the role they want to play before Queue
The Overmyynd
<Editor>
The Overmyynd's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 9:37am | Report
Well, after giving this some more thought, i decided to alter a few things.

Ruling:
When going into que, you choose what "role/lane" you want (mid, top, jungle, adcbot, supportbot). When you go into champ select your position is randomized. You are not required to select champs that only "fit the roll" so that you can properly counter pick or throw the enemy team off guard. You are not required to stick to your listed role; for example if you happen to request mid and you are first pick, you can "trade" roles with the person on the bottom to avoid counter picking. There will simply be a position listed under your name denoting which role you qued for. The purpose of this mechanic is simply to reduce the number of people ignoring called lanes and pissing on common courtesy, and reduce the number of people who are forced into lanes they are not proficient in. Will this completely eradicate all of the trolling and ****buckets? No. But it would greatly reduce their numbers by offering a built in system, and create a more enjoyable gameplay experience.

This is my idea at least. I think it is fair, balanced, offers just enough structure to make people happy and reduce the rage and frustration in champ select, and plenty of freedom to allow good teams and people willing to work together to really work as a unit.
Hey, if you liked any advice i gave, be sure to +rep me! Oh, and check out my Shaco and Maokail lorecraft in my Blog! I'm a starving artist in need of attention, so please feel free to read, respond, and critique me! Please? Anybody that leaves a comment (good or bad) will receive a +rep!
Morr33d
<Member>
Morr33d's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 9:55am | Report
Waiting in queue for 40 mins before support signs in? k.
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 5:53pm | Report
i think this will result to super long queues.
Syther Blade
<Member>
Syther Blade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 6:05pm | Report
^pretty much, i'd rather play a game with 5 ad carrys then wait an hour to play,

Sigs By: Syther Blade (me), TheNamelessBard
Fox Rage
<Member>
Fox Rage's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 20, 2012 6:31pm | Report
Kaynore wrote:

It is really the case of what defines each role.

How do you define each role? Is a jungler someone who kills neutrals in the jungle? If so, theoretically anyone can be a jungler. I mean Stonewall008 has jungled with champions that don't normally do so in ranked. The unspoken definition of a jungler is someone whose name is Nocturne, Olaf, Amumu etc; basically anyone who has the jungler brand. Restricting champions in each role in the MM in a particular role would mean that the most absurd things cannot be done. For example, some people may not expect a jungle gragas and perhaps underestimate him. Jungle Gragas can be the new meta but due to him not being classified as jungler, it cannot be done. Same thing can apply with everyone. CLG did support Galio and it did well and it was something that was not expected.

Also, if you do not restrict champions for the role, someone can claim to support but ends up not doing so.

TL;DR If you restrict champions in particular roles, innovation is hampered in ranked. If you have no champion restrictions in each role, you can call that role but do something completely opposite.

Current MM is not much better though but I do not support with this suggestion.

EDIT: Made some changes to make it look better.

That is why I suggested to pick lanes instead of position : Top, Mid, Jungle, Bot.

I.E. I want to go Pantheon mid. So I check the MID option, and in the lobby, I tell my team that I would like to Pantheon mid, so if we could have an AP top, it'd be wonderful.

By definition, a jungle is someone who's main income comes from killing jungle creeps. Anyone can jungle. Just like anyone can be built as an adc (IE + PD + LW + life steal) and still kick ***. Hell, I even did crit veigar in a ranked game once because our last pick insta-locked Ahri instead of picking an adc because, according to her, Veigar is an underpowered champion that only ****ing ******ed noobs play, or something like that. I carried my team like a baws. I also did a jungle taric once, also in ranked. I was supposed to swap with Yi (I wanted to jungle Yi like I always do) but he never accepted the swap. We lost that one, but I didn't do so bad for a first time jungle taric going vs a Trundle jungle who counter jungle 24/7 caus he's Trundle.

NOTHING can completely stop trolls and idiots. All you can do is reduce their numbers. I truly believe this would be a good way to reduce their numbers by a pretty big amount.

+rep me and you'll get good karma, wich means you won't be reincarnated into a rock! Isn't that awesome?

But yes this idea has been discussed more than Pam Anderson's tits in a plastic surgeons office.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide