Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Leona

Creator: Malin February 3, 2012 12:17pm
24 posts - page 2 of 3
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2012 11:26pm | Report
MDC wrote:

Don't do it. I.e.: don't listen to other peoples opinions what champ should you play.

^, but actually listen to other people's opinion on the champs themselves :)

Leona can work out as a great aggressive support bot lane, and (PEOPLEAREGONNAHATEONTHIS) she's pretty strong in the jungle too imo. She has tons of CC, and her passive just shreds enemies while in lane / ganking lanes.

Haven't played Sejuani so IDK

From what I saw though, Leona is more of a hard CC type of champion while Sejuani has a lot of soft CC.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2012 11:53pm | Report
Quoted:

(PEOPLEAREGONNAHATEONTHIS) she's pretty strong in the jungle too imo.

I'm pretty sure a caster minion could clear the jungle faster than leona. She also has terrible scalings and no sustain ability to speak of. Her ganks are pretty strong and her early damage isn't too shabby, but her actual jungle clear and late game potential are pretty bad.

I just don't see why you'd ever pick her over another jungler (plenty of others have just as good ganking tools, like Maokai) or just play her bot lane as a tanky CC support role. She's pretty item independant and you do your job with just a few gp10s and some tankiness. Rather like Alistar, but Ali actually has better gear scaling.

I do agree with Duff though when he said Sejuani and Leona aren't very comparable. Leona's a hardy tank character with hard AoE CC and an initiate while Sejuani is more of a bulky chaser with an AoE damage aura. Sejuani's clear times are also significantly better, but she requires more gear than Leona and thus can't support as well.

tl;dr: Sejuani jungle, Leona bot. I think Leona's a much stronger pick because I have a very low opinion of Sejuani.
Thanks to Fatelblade for the sig!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2012 12:13am | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

I'm pretty sure a caster minion could clear the jungle faster than leona.

NOPEE NOPE NOPE ;D

Her clear speed is the only thing pulling her behind ._. her ganks are amazing with her passive and CC, and her transition / late game isn't that bad o_o you can just get her to go tanky

But yeah, it's only my own opinion :P

She's amazing at bot though :)
She makes an insane kill lane.
PsiGuard
<Retired Admin>
PsiGuard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2012 12:17am | Report
Tank Leona is like Tank Alistar. Useless as soon as their combo's done. Both of them make far better supports because they're item independant. The only reason you see Alistars in jungle is because he actually has some decent scaling (AD or AP, both are pretty decent) as well as more sustain.

Like I said, her ganks are fantastic, but they're not the best. I can't think of a game I'd rather have a Leona jungle than say, a Maokai or Rammus or Amumu.
Thanks to Jovy for the sig!
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2012 11:20pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

Tank Leona is like Tank Alistar. Useless as soon as their combo's done. Both of them make far better supports because they're item independant. The only reason you see Alistars in jungle is because he actually has some decent scaling (AD or AP, both are pretty decent) as well as more sustain.

Like I said, her ganks are fantastic, but they're not the best. I can't think of a game I'd rather have a Leona jungle than say, a Maokai or Rammus or Amumu.

Not full tank o_o. With Leona, going Trinity Force as a first big item is a pretty strong as her W gives her a ****load of resistances already. Her Q also has a pretty low cooldown, too.

Going tanky dps is what I do with Leona :s

Her ganking power is really underestimated too. Her passive helps a LOT in damage output, and with her it's easier for lanes to follow up, too.

She herself already possesses a decent amount of damage with tanky DPS masteries and runes. Combine that with tanky dps items, and she's pulls out insane CC. I can say with no doubt that Leona has one of the most OP kits in the game right now. She's like Blitzcrank. They both have insane kits, but they can't get farm anywhere in this meta (assuming no jungle blitz cuz I haven't tried it).

She seems like a strong pick to me.

I have no high elo recognition so I'm not gonna say anythin, but I really insist you guys try it out sometime.
tehAsian
<Veteran>
tehAsian's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2012 11:50pm | Report
From what Pokemon taught me...

Real winners win with the Pokemon they like, not just the strongest ones.

No champion 'isn't worth the IP.' They all have some kind of unique utility for the team.

The differences between Leona and Sejuani is that Leona fits more of a burst-oriented tank. Sejuani is more DPS. But IMO, Leona is a stronger tank because she fits more of the criteria needed to be an effective tank. Plus her passive makes her a good team player and can help support your AoEs. All Sejuani has is a permaslow and a 1 time stun. Get a FroMas on Leona and youre pretty much doing the same amount of damage. Also, Leona can place her stun so that it can hit multiple enemies, no problem. Sejuani has to wait until they're all cluttered, which probably won't happen unless you fight in the jungle.

In short,Leona is a support tank that supports through CC and additional damage with her passive while Sejuani...idk permaslows for free kills? Anyway, they're sort of the same.
LaCorpse's Signature Cafe

Thanks to Keondre, JhoiJhoi, Xiron, and Arcana3 for the Sigs~!
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2012 1:14am | Report
Her laning isn't as strong as say taric or alistar. But she has an incredible aray of CC and great late game potential. She gets to a point were she's beefy enough to take on anyone. She has decent damage for a tank, probably one of the best, but her weak laning is the only thing holding her back
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Shylol
<Member>
Shylol's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2012 2:50am | Report
Main issue with Leona is her early game. You'll get destroyed by most adversaries if you go top and chances are your carry will hate you early on if you support with her, since she gets close while doing her combo and tends to be destroyed if she does once the stun ends if the enemy lane is organized. You can barely poke with your shield if the enemy carry doesn't know the character and stays close, but the only real effect on your carry is to help his farming through shield + passive.

If you survived and even got some assists after the end of the laning phase, that's when you will really shine. Every minute Leona gets starting from ~15 min really makes her stronger, and with the shield at level 5 and a frozen heart she just becomes a monster, stunning at every second and taking dozens of enemy hits without flinching. Plus her ult is very useful on teamfights, even though the recent Sejuani has an improved version of hers.

I'd say if you want to take her, you'll want to take a good laner as your partner to balance the fact that you really can't do anything early-on compared to a true support. Laning with a champ like Vayne, who will need help to farm if the player's not a expert, is pretty suicidal. But I find her to be a real monster after that.

That's my opinion, at least.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2012 3:00am | Report
Leona's a great support for a kill lane. You put her with Tristana, Vayne, or Sivir, and you pretty much win your lane.

Leona has great tankiness early on which allows her to initiate at bot lane perfectly fine.

And as said earlier, Leona's a support for a KILL lane. She doesn't necessarily need the poke. Enemies won't go near her because she's able to take up harass with her W and initiate with her E along with the AD carry following up.
LaCorpse
<Altruistic Artist>
LaCorpse's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 6, 2012 6:37pm | Report
I love Leona.
When I first got her though, I didn't know how to play the game well so she collected some dust.

After taking her out again, now that I know the game better I did really well with her.

Her stuns make her beast, shes straight up brute and fun. Who cares about the IP cost? Shes fun!
Orianna Guide // Ahri Guide // +Rep for hugs ♡ // Signature Café!!

A Special Thanks To Those Who Made Me Signatures
>> Graphic Resources & Downloads <<

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide