Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Let's Take a Moment To Consider Lanedyr

Creator: AncientNecro February 4, 2012 10:37am
1 2
Zell
<Member>
Zell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2012 10:25am | Report

Thanks for all of the insight's / suggestions. I don't view Wriggle's nearly as important in normal games where 80% of the time there is not an enemy jungler. I do have a tendency to ward the belt for the team whenever i have the extra gold though.

I find that mentality rather flawed, just cause something works well against bad teams/players (or in other words out of the meta loop in Ranked & Draft) doesn't mean one should follow it by the book also you just gave a valid point on why wards are important in your hypothesis about ganking mid lane. If there isn't an enemy jungler then its a 1vs2 lane or a 2vs2 lane in which the whole dynamic of the top lane has changed. Just saying may want to get used to building against "non-stomp" opponents". Curiously enough know, is this blind queue or draft mode queue?

Wriggles Lantern itself is an item of much more value then a free ward. It has a reasonable cost efficiency per stats (with approximately 483.33 gold worth of armor, 898.15 gold worth of damage & 562.5 gold worth of life-steal). Making it a worthy buy to win the lane and of course the added passive which helps in stealing enemy jungler and objectives.

Against the average team I go - Ninja Tabi > Wriggle's Lantern > Trinity Force > Then build accordingly usually picking up Atmas or Randuins.

Against an AP top with perhaps a fercious hyper carry mid (Cassiopeia or Ziggs for instance) I go - Mercury's Treads > Wit's End > Spirit Visage (I may buy this before Wit's End depending on how the lane is going) > Trinity Force > Build accordingly as usual.
Credit to Jeff and jhois for creating my signature and avatar design.
If I helped +Rep, if I didn't then +Rep the person who did.
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2012 10:41am | Report
Yeah, Wriggle's is very useful in so many ways on most solo top champs if you're against AD.

Combined with Iron Mantle you can pretty much ignore any opponent and stay in lane forever, as long as you didn't get really far behind.
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide