Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

LoL Summoner Info not working on Windows 10?

Creator: PickleMaster December 14, 2015 9:57pm
1 2
PickleMaster
<Member>
PickleMaster's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 14, 2015 9:57pm | Report
Has anybody else had any troubles running LSI on Windows 10? I had it back when I had Windows 7, and when I upgraded it no longer opens. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, tried running it in compatibility mode and as administrator, everything. I sent the people at the LSI website a support message but never heard back. Anyone else having this issue? Anyone else know how to fix it or have another app to suggest for recording games? I sometimes use op.gg, but it feels like kind of a hassle. Thanks!

(By the way, sorry if this topic should be in a different section. New to the board and I didn't see anything for help & support.)
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2015 1:04am | Report
I suggest using replay.gg

You don't even need to have programs open. It'll record MOST games for you, and you can watch the games on all computers.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2015 1:42am | Report
Jesus f*ck. I decided to sign up for that. And now I can't reconnect to my game for any longer than a minute. I'm in my promos to Plat 3. God frikken damnit.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2015 2:36am | Report
Replay.gg?

Sorry jhoi :< It hasn't given me any trouble
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2015 3:05am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
Jesus f*ck. I decided to sign up for that. And now I can't reconnect to my game for any longer than a minute. I'm in my promos to Plat 3. God frikken damnit.

I'm fairly sure that's unrelated, replay.gg is an independent site that acts on its own, it doesn't require anything from you. There's no reason why someone recording your game would affect your ability to connect to said game afaik.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2015 3:10am | Report
^Actually, it does. I renamed a runepage prior to joining the game. It's the only thing that was different about my whole computer set up. Played 5 games perfectly before it. My team surrendered at 20, after I reconnected about 10 times, but could never stay longer than a minute before everything freezing. I had to type, "I agree" to not leaving/afking. I haven't left a game since Season 1. feelsbadman.jpeg

So I cleared my browser history (including caches etc) and renamed the rune page. Then tested on a custom. Then a co-op vs AI. Then just now a ranked game. So good to know it's not causing me anymore problems, but not visiting the site again, just in case.

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2015 3:18am | Report
Well I doubt your rune page name was causing your problems, and I don't see how your browser cache affects your League client, so I still think it was unrelated.

It recorded your custom game and your last ranked game (checked myself) without causing you issues so it's working at least.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2015 3:23am | Report
^And it obviously didn't record my other ranked game because it borked my client.

♡ sig by thenamelessbard ♡
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2015 4:33am | Report
I'm pretty sure the only thing the site does after asking you to rename a rune page is ask Riot for your rune information by making a call to the Riot API with your summoner ID (901803), warranting the following response:

response (warning: long)

As you can see, the bottom of every rune page contains a "name" field, so all it needs to do at that point is check whether any of them are named what you were told to rename to and you're good to go. It doesn't actually alter anything, so it sounds more likely that renaming the page somehow triggered a bug on Riot's end.

...Unless of course this isn't how it works or there's more beyond this which I'm unaware of 8D

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 15, 2015 4:37am | Report
I was pretty salty at the time - just sending everyone a warning if you decide to register with the site. Don't play a ranked game straight after, just in case ^^

♡ sig by marcospyder ♡
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide