Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Missed Opportunity for Interaction With Vayne...

Creator: Zeprido December 19, 2012 5:30pm
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2012 6:39pm | Report
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2012 6:41pm | Report
sirell wrote:

Well, judging from Vayne's lore, I'd say the kind of things she's hunting would be more from the Shadow Isles or Warwick, Vladimir, etc.

Her lore specifically calls out black magics and darker powers. Zed embraced dark knowledge, forbidden techniques that opposed balance and kills those who don't side with him.

Regardless, the focus is on the fact that their interaction would be on the relevance of darkness and shadows.
Zeprido is currently:Online
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
You can always call me Zep for short =D
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2012 7:20pm | Report
ummm vayne is more of a "vampire slayer" or "werewolf hunter" and the likes of that just because zed is a ninja that uses forbidden shadow techniques of the ninjas doesnt mean hes some evil demon

think of zed as like a ninja and think of vayne as a slayer of dark magics hence the silver tipped bolts and crossbow

saying that vayne should have an interaction with zed just because she has a joke about shadows is like saying nocturne should have an interaction with janna because his joke is about weather
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2012 7:28pm | Report
Would it not be cool to have small nuances like that where champions comment or do a specific action a little differently every once in a while?
Someone in the LoL thread suggested that Vayne simply punch Zed when in melee range.

@Dill It doesn't specify exactly what she is a slayer of and gives a broad subject of black magic and darkness.

Regarding noc/janna: Whats your point? I feel like having interactions like that across the board would add a ton of awesome to the game. And Riot is known for doing awesome things like that.
If I've helped you at all in any way, or you really like my post click that +Rep button =)
Feel free to private message me with questions/concerns or if you just want to chat =)
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2012 9:03pm | Report
ummm actually it does read her lore not just the lore in the game look on the wiki and read all of the lore having to do with vayne and it says shes a witch hunter of dark magics which is why she says "i sense dark magics" in game

and my point is that they would have to spend thousands more on voice actors to make new lines and coding all of that would be obnoxious and my other point is that having jokes/taunts for every character just because vayne uses the word "shadow" in a joke or noc says "weather" would be stupid, but if they made a legit witch champion than a passive between those two would be cool

tldr: no it would not be awesome to have secret passives just because they have one word in one line in common, but if they actually had lore in common then it would be awesome
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2012 9:12pm | Report
It doesn't have to be a VERBAL interaction... also who said that it had to have direct lore relations? Small things like Vayne simply punching Zed or something along those lines its a nuance that just adds a bit of extra awesome to the game.

Note how when Vi Ults Jayce she says "Hey Jayce, POWER SLAM". This is something JAYCE says when he's in hammer form. It doesn't say anywhere in his lore about being able to power slam. Yet this interaction exists.

Why you would be against something like this that adds a bit of awesome to the game confuses and troubles me greatly.

TLDR: You're close minded. Open up.
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2012 9:59pm | Report
but its in Vi's character to back talk/make fun of other champions from piltover like caitlyn and jayce so that actually makes sense

vayne punching zed when she gets in melee range because hes a ninja that uses shadows makes 0 sense

how am i closed minded if i said they actually had something in common then it would be cool? if they have NO RELATION at all then its just stupid to have it
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2012 10:03pm | Report
that'd be very nice and fun to have.
Zeprido
<Ancient Member>
Zeprido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2012 10:27pm | Report
DillButt64 wrote:

but its in Vi's character to back talk/make fun of other champions from piltover like caitlyn and jayce so that actually makes sense

vayne punching zed when she gets in melee range because hes a ninja that uses shadows makes 0 sense

how am i closed minded if i said they actually had something in common then it would be cool? if they have NO RELATION at all then its just stupid to have it

No relation? If they had no relation at all one of them wouldn't be in the League then and wouldn't participate. If you were constantly encountering someone I'm sure you would have some sort of interaction at some point.

I have no relation with you, despite being a part of Mobafire, if I were to say/do something specific that seemed cool every time we were in the same thread, would that not be interesting to others? I'm sure others would eventually notice this and it would be pointed out.

Apply that to league now. There. Tons of awesome.
DillButt64
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 19, 2012 10:47pm | Report
no not tons of awesome

just because theyre in the league doesnt mean that they have a relation, do you really think Twisted Fate has anything at all to do with Anivia? but hey how about every time TF throws a blue card at her he says "blue bird" because anivia is a bird and is blue and cuz they interact on the field of justice

or maybe since Taric can say "nice gem ear rings" to Sivir whenever he dazzles her because sivir is wearing ear rings and taric likes gems

those kind of things arnt "awesome" especially if they make no sense at all but if you look at the hidden passives in the game they either relate to popular culture or the lore like zyra's hidden passive with sion having to do with plants vs zombies, rengar and khazix for their lore, graves has the lines with noc because he is the second champion to reduce vision like noc, voli and zilean have theirs from the forum war they had, tf has lines with graves because of the lore, nid has her passive that has to do with cougars which makes sense because she is one and its a popular culture thing

now take a look at the idea in this thread, vayne has a joke that says "fighting me is like boxing with shadows" or something like that, Zed is a "master of shadows" because he uses forbidden ninja techniques, do those have to do with popular culture? no, how about the lore would it make sense in the lore? not in the slightest, so this idea is not awesome because it makes no sense at all even if you use the reason "it would be awesome"

now if Zed had a hidden passive with Shen that would make sense or even Lux because she uses light and he uses shadows but zed and vayne? no

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide