Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Mooninites' Ranked 3v3 Tier List and Discussion

Creator: Mooninites December 21, 2015 10:23am
1 2 3
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2015 10:23am | Report
Figured I'd do this for 3v3 incase anyone is interested.

Working on a guide for AP bot lane 3v3 at the moment but isn't ready. Also probably going to stream and make video guides once I finish my new computer

The meta: There are several different playstyles that people run, the most common are (in no particular order);
1. AP bot, jungle, bruiser top
2. Support and ADC top, AP bot (support or AP takes smite)
3. Support and bruiser top, AP bot

Solo Top Bruiser:

Tier 1: Darius, Renekton Illaoi, Olaf, Trundle

Tier 2: Fiora, Pantheon, Garen, Jax, Gnar, Riven

Tier 3: Wukong, Shyvana, Malphite, Jarvan IV, Jayce

AP Bot:

God Tier: Anivia, Brand

Tier 1: Lulu, Morgana, Malzahar

Tier 2: Lissandra, Karma, Zilean, Lux, Annie, Azir, Ahri

Tier 3: Orianna, Cassiopeia, Syndra, Vel'Koz, LeBlanc, Cho'Gath, Galio, Viktor, Ryze

Jungler:

Poppy Tier: Poppy

God Tier: Tahm Kench

Tier 1: Elise, Maokai, Gragas, Olaf, Dr. Mundo

Tier 2: Graves, Kindred, Skarner, Rek'Sai, Zac

Tier 3: Jarvan IV, Wukong , Malphite, Lee Sin, Kha'Zix, Xin Zhao

ADC:

Tier 1: Kalista, Lucian

Tier 2: Tristana, Vayne, Quinn, Graves, Miss Fortune

Tier 3: Sivir, Caitlyn, Ezreal, Draven

Support:

God Tier: Tahm Kench, Poppy

Tier 1: Maokai, Braum, Nautilus

Tier 2: Leona, Lulu, Morgana

Tier 3: Taric, Alistar, Shen, Rammus, Gragas

Tier Explanation:

Poppy Tier: Champion is literally to the point it needs to be disabled for how gamebreaking it is

God Tier: broken, universally best at their role almost guaranteeing victory

Tier 1: Pretty much always good, not many or no bad match-ups, always useful

Tier 2: Very good but a few flaws that prevent it from always being a good pick

Tier 3: Viable, but often niche. Some key flaws that keep it from being always a good pick

I may have forgotten a few picks, ask me and I'll add them if they're worth adding. I wanted to keep this tier list short so people can get an idea of what is strong.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2015 10:44am | Report
How come Dr. Mundo be a tier 1 jungler but not even deserving a mention in top lane? He can effectively 1 v 2 halfway through the game and he has very good damage output. If you bring Exhaust on him, it's pretty much impossible to kill him 1 v 1.

As I side note, me and my friends usually go with a full tank comp and ban Vayne. It is hilarious.
Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2015 10:57am | Report
ya he's probably worth mentioning in top lane but I think he just has a lot more potential in the jungle.

Full tank comps really aren't that great especially considering you can run an AD comp and there are a lot of mages that can shred tanks. Brand will absolutely shred a full tank comp
Zetrick
<Member>
Zetrick's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2015 11:58am | Report
I don't play much 3v3, is Rengar really bad for it?
Jungle Main
Middle Platinum Elo
Norwegian
EUW: tnuC / EUNE: First Order
Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 21, 2015 12:10pm | Report
Yes, generally really bad. You can cheese with him, but there are too many bruisers on the map that his assassinating skils are generally pretty lacking and he isn't tanky enough to survive a prolonged team fight. Because the map is so short and the lanes are really short (remember they moved towers up) it makes it incredibly difficult for him to successfully ult. There are a lot of bushes he can utilize, but I would consider him bottom tier
Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 2, 2016 2:31pm | Report
*updated 1/2/2016*

Moved Renekton and Darius up to God tier for Solo Top Bruiser, from Tier 1

- honestly these champions just dominate every other pick throughout the laning phase. There is legitimately no champion that can handle their laning phase. I hesitate to put them in God Tier because I don't think they guarantee victory and Darius can be easily kited, but since they are so much better than any other picks in top lane I feel the belong in that tier

Moved Poppy to God tier for Jungle, previously unranked

- She's probably the most broken champion on the map right now, there are so many walls that she has a 100% guaranteed stun. Her damage is disgusting and she's tanky as ****. Riot basically took everything that was broken about old Poppy and smoothed out the laning phase and made her more consistent and less clunky. She might be the most broken champion in the game right now, even more broken than Tahm Kench

Moved Zilean to Tier 3 for AP Mid, previously unranked

- His laning phase isn't as bad as I initially thought, he has nice wave clear and doesn't have the mana problems I thought he would have. After 15 minutes you pretty much auto win the game because he makes fights so lopsided with his ultimate. His bomb damage is incredibly high and the stun is really strong. He might move up even more than this, seems a lot of people are catching on to the Zilean pick, but didn't want a knee-jerk reaction to his popularity growing/success

Moved Lissandra up in Tier 2, previously lower in Tier 2

- Her range is an issue, but I drastically underestimated the plays she can make across the map. She sets up ganks and locks down opponents so easily. She has a good deal of flexibility even if her damage falls off a bit. Most AP's can't keep up with her roam. She's one of the only AP's besides Rumble that has true initiation power and has a much smoother laning phase and early game, she's also not as reliant on her ultimate as Rumble is. She might even be tier 1
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2016 12:54am | Report
Thoughts on Kindred ADC
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks for the sig, MissMaw!
Mooninites
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2016 10:20am | Report
She's better served in the jungle. When you run an ADC you want to pressure top lane and push towers really fast or run a really strong hypercarry. Kindred can be that hypercarry but she's not like Vayne or Kalista, she needs stacks. You'd be better off just running her in the jungle and running a strong bruiser and AP bot to help her invade.

I guess we could try it, but tbh my team doesn't really run the support meta so it wouldn't be a good representation of how viable it is. We run the bruiser top, jungle, ap bot meta and most people until you reach high Diamond+ run that meta
FatelBlade
<Member>
FatelBlade's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2016 1:01pm | Report
How do you feel about having an amazing shotcaller on the team? Do they serve a greater purpose than on Summoner's Rift because of the importance of team play? Would you also rank the best shotcallers you know?
Thank you Jovy for this bomb *** sig!
Taco limeyjr
<Member>
Taco limeyjr's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 4, 2016 1:03pm | Report
yea moon is right about zilean jungle
Thanks Nameless for the awesome sig =D
1 2 3

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide