Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Most Dreaded Role

Creator: MyBloodisBlack December 20, 2013 10:49am
1 2 3 4
what is your most dreaded role
C4 Lasty
<Member>
C4 Lasty's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 12:18pm | Report
I play everything when I have to but I prefer to stick to Top/Mid/Jungle. My mechanics in bot lane are very good I just don't like having to rely on a total stranger to make plays.
Kalaaver
<Altruistic Artist>
Kalaaver's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 27, 2013 6:59am | Report
I don't really dread any role, sometimes i don't want to play a particular role, but usually i don't care what i get.
Check out my Poppy Guide, and my Sexy Signature Shop.
mGGThoth
<Member>
mGGThoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2013 12:07am | Report
It used to be marksman/ADC for the longest time, until I discovered varus, now I don't worry about taking up the role as much, but I still can't execute that role as well as the other roles.
Ubnoxius
<Altruistic Artist>
Ubnoxius's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2013 7:38am | Report
ADC. If you put me as ADC you should probably just dodge because I have no idea what auto attacking is.
I have no ADC mechanics and the only way I'd be able to win is either luck or the enemy ADC is on the same level as me XD
Check out my Signature Shop if you want a sig like this | +Rep is nice If I helped you!
Qersidon
<Member>
Qersidon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2013 10:02am | Report
I hate being stuck in top because a experienced top laners own me and im not that good top.
TheKut
<Member>
TheKut's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2013 11:29am | Report
Jungle for me, I just can't handle the pressure of having to be constantly active in a fair balance between ganks and farming the jungle. And if I make a bad gank I feel like I'm falling behind too much and I start panicing even more.
Barph
<Member>
Barph's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2013 4:12pm | Report
I had to play AD today in ranked(1 of the roles I avoid) and also had to play Jinx for like the 5th time ever.

Fed in lane, got fed late game and did most damage. Gotta say thats a nice feeling(even if i did feed initially)
I'm Varph, who is Barph anyway?
Cryst4
<Member>
Cryst4's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2013 4:47pm | Report
Jungle. That's just. I would rather play double top than go jungle. But I do so, if I absolutely have to.
Currently: 8 games jungle ever I think. W/L ration 1/7. That one win, not what you think it was. It was pantheon jungle. went 0/5/0 at first 15 mins, just builded tanky and let team carry <3.

So only time I have every played jungle have been in ranked. I know I should learn it.. I guess.. but oh well. Over 550 ranked games and had to play it 8 times. Not too bad in my opinion.

But let's just say. I have bad memories or something. After that Lee Sin killed me 9 times in first 10 minutes while I was playing fiddle I'm ready to cry whenever I start to play jungle ever again.
He killed me at our red, didnt need to ignite even. Nuff said, Lee Sin with smite and ignite. But oh well I thought when I come back I can go to farm wraiths. Forget it -> he was waiting at the small bush you have to walk trough when you go to wraiths. Used ignite that time + level advantage -> second kill.
From there on I wasn't able to step on our jungle ever again. I tried to ward just to find out he bought pinks with first back etc.

So how have those other times been going? Well once I tried jungle Nasus. "It's easy they told, just farm". Went 2/4/3 at maybe 20 min game. I was able to got fcking 7cs. There was more than a kill per minute in first 10 mins.
I found it difficult to focus on farming when I go for my red and suddenly there is 8 ppl there.

Oh well, before that I have tried Fiddle jungle. I even read a guide (by Piece of sheet) and did masteries and everything. Didn't help too much tho. Always at the wrong place in the wrong time.
I guess jungle doesn't fit me too well for same reason I play a lot with TP on mid. I ABSOLUTELY HATE ganking. Like yeah, good gank is nice to get, but it's worse to do 5 trips to different places just to notice they all are warded or they pinged ss or opponent have map awareness. I rather miss one or two kills by not ganking than do 4 trips where I come back empty handed while I could have taken wraiths or ward opponent blue etc etc. meanwhile.

So why I hate ganking:

I always assume my opponents are smart unless proven false:
-If opponent bot is overextending I assume they have river warded unless I know it's not etc.
-If opponent laner does something "stupid" I assume jungler is there unless I know that's impossible.

I play no risk low reward game:
-Wraiths over ganks -> Sure gold vs not sure gold. (TP to countergank if my laner does.)
-Rather leave opponent low than risk my own life aka possible kill isn't worth of possible death.
-I play mostly late game champs because of this. I play safe and put pressure to them to do something happen or I will outscale.

When I play aggressive? :
-I only go for kill pretty much if I see or just saw their jungler somewhere else.
-I only try to zone etc. if I have one or both sides warded depending on jungler.
-I only go for all in's if I'm 100% sure I will win it unless I **** up.

When do I gank? :
-When I see good TP opportunity.
-When I'm playing Twisted Fate.

Assume the worst:
-I assume I'm being camped every game.
-Never count on teammate saving me etc.
-Never follow unless I have vision or I know I can do it safely. Assume assassin faked that roam towards bot and is waiting in the brush for me to follow.

So.. That's my playstyle.
Pro's
-Rarely lose a lane hard.
-Learn to be good defensive player.
-Learn to survive hard lanes.
-Easier transition against better opponents.

Cons
-Learn a bit slower
-I could probably get away with much more.
-Can't fit into some stuff.. like.. assassins meta..
-Not follow or are late, since want to take safe route.
-Sometimes give opponents too much respect.
1 2 3 4

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide