Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Most Dreaded Role

Creator: MyBloodisBlack December 20, 2013 10:49am
what is your most dreaded role
tH3TRo0L
<Member>
tH3TRo0L's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2013 2:14pm | Report
I main adc and do pretty well with top/mid/support. I can't jungle, however. I'm not sure which to build first and how to perfect time my ganks. Since I'm already in ranked, I don't think I can even master jungle anymore, because I have so less experience with it. Only played about 8 games jungling (in normals), won 2 of them.
DKitten
<Member>
DKitten's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2013 2:42pm | Report
I'm bad with jungle too. Part of it is how unnecessary it is in bot games; people can push lanes and not be concerned about getting ganked, so I just have to judge based on HP/MP alone when to gank. I am pretty good at handing out the blues, but I have two of them to give out, not one. It's just an impossible role to practice, since expert bots don't exist.
Build Guides:

Humor Guides:

Welcome to the wonderful world of supports. How can I help you today?
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2013 2:48pm | Report
^ To be honest I don't think practising any of the other roles against bots is a good idea either though :S

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
IAmByakuya
<Member>
IAmByakuya's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2013 3:59pm | Report
I feel I can do all roles quite efficiently, I main ADC and can do solo lanes pretty well but I SUCK at jungle when im worrying about something else...it just makes me go in a careless state in the game.
Gave you a good laugh or helped? rep+ so i can know ;)

Thanks to TinyStar, Jhoi, Xiaowi, Virus, Bard and Arcana(eww)...for my signatures!

Elohell is like Irelia's stun: if your real level is equal or lower than the level you are in, you're STUNNED there forever. If your actual level is higher than the level you are in, you're just SLOWED in your way up.
SkidmarkD
<Member>
SkidmarkD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 25, 2013 11:45pm | Report
Jungle FTW.
Support usually cause jungle has been taken and it's the only role left. If given a decent ADC, I can rock as support. With a bad ADC it's like playing 1 vs 2 and I'll suck.

Top I can do on some occasions.
Mid is fun, but depends on enemy. Hate playing against Orianna and Lux.

ADC ..... I can't last hit.
I watch vids, watch streams, I try the same, I fail so hard.
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 3:29am | Report
Support is the most dreaded team wise. You can make it through with a bad lamer or jungled because all they have to do is build right and not be stupid. But with supports, you have to ****ing know what's up. You need to
-time your spells
-time their spells
-know what's up about 4 players (as opposed to two)
-scan for openings to make good trades
-keep vision up on dragon and jungle exits
-take the occasional Cait Ult
-lay down the skills nice and on the other team's carries to keep them out of the fight
-keep teammates alive when out numbered or out gunned
-and much more that is situational

And all too often the support goes with Sona and says "herp derp build AP. Trinket is all the wards I need. Derp herp"
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 5:44am | Report
^ As far as the jungler goes, I have to say I disagree. If your team has a bad jungler and you're playing against a jungler that knows what he's doing, it should result in a big difference in terms of (successful) ganks and objective control, which can make a game snowball very hard very quickly.

For laners it depends more on how heavily they feed and which lane it is (mid lane is usually a problem since the enemy can roam and influence other lanes as well, top lane not so much).

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 6:13am | Report
A bad teammate can ruin any game. But in the end if you have a support that doesn't support the n the team is going to be worse off than a mid laner that is behind 30 CS or a 1/5/0 top lamer. Eve. If you all had a great early game lack of vision can easily turn a game around in a hurry. A support that decides to be a split pusher or an APC and run for kills is worse than a jungled that fell behind early and is trying to farm up camps to get back into the game.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 7:07am | Report
Well sure, if we're going to compare someone who is not warding at all to a mid who's 30 cs behind and a jungler who has to farm a little to catch up then you're right. That's not really a fair comparison though, is it? :P

If a mid laner is several kills behind and the enemy mid laner roams, that can have a great impact on the outcome of the game too. If the enemy jungler is securing objectives or successfully ganking lanes while your jungler is catching up (doing work, basically), the same applies. In general, I don't think it's as simple as you make it out to be.

also I should note that supports have less wards at their disposal now so it's harder for them to provide full vision for their team *cough*

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Kazega
<Member>
Kazega's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 26, 2013 7:46am | Report
I guess what I was trying to say was the support outright chooses not to be good by not warding properly and by not being a support. Either through sheer ignorance of the role or some self deluded thought process that results in an APC build with Frostqueen's Embrace and a play style of "I has damages lets do this"

The preseason really did a number on the support role and what people think will work for the role. I'm probably going to support exclusively until this thought process dies down and it becomes known that it is a bad thing to think... But then again I am silver.... People will think that no matter what.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide